• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
They talk about that on the FAQ.

CYTa0FO.png

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Still kind of dodgy because a 50k goal is nowhere close to the actual cost but hey, make your money

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Bout to dump $60 into this bad boy as soon as I get home for a physical copy. I hope this franchise can make a smashing comeback through the word of mouth it's gotten, it's a brilliant game.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
i think the switch version would have happened no matter what the KS is mainly for the PC and ps4 versions to see if their is an audience for it

Huey

Oct 27, 2017

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Man, have to go all the way to $330 to get the full CD soundtrack. Meh, I'll just wait for retail.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
Insiders said that Nintendo didn't wanted it

Hmmmm who do we believe "insiders" or
remember when Nintendo's final stage E3 unveiling their new cosnole featured a long look at a year old Batman port and ended on Nintendoland fireworks

and then afterward, Geoff Keighley suddenly revealed that there was a brand new exclusive Platinum game for the system that had been left out of the conference

and the trailer started with closeups of unfinished models of tiny npcs who are normally 8 pixels tall in-game, and tons of people thought it was some garbage cheapo mobile game crap done for pennies and wondered what based super ps4 next-gen game kamiya-sama was making

and then kamiya said "this is my game" and people had no idea what the fuck

Remember when the game then had its own Nintendo Direct hosted by Kamiya?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I want a PS4 port, why would I donate if I'm not sure it'll even reach that. If someone wants a Switch version, why donate if it already over 50k?

That way it done seems bad.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
So does Platinum own the IP or does Nintendo and they are letting them port it to other platforms?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow the money is flying in. They're gonna hit that steam goal today at this rate.

im very interested in the stretch goals. More story DLC? Alternate characters? Challenge modes? Versus???

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dangen is involved as of early last week when they sent out a followup PR email making sure journalists didn't have additional questions. The fact that them burying it by not putting it on the KS page means they're not involved is sadly wishful thinking.
Thanks for the clarification, sucks that they are involved in any capacity.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If I want a PS4 port, why would I donate if I'm not sure it'll even reach that. If someone wants a Switch version, why donate if it already over 50k?

That way it done seems bad.

That's how the vast majority of kickstarters work.

Hell for a lot of Wii U and Vita fans it was a case of funding those versions and hope they don't get cancelled anyway.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Wow the money is flying in. They're gonna hit that steam goal today at this rate.

im very interested in the stretch goals. More story DLC? Alternate characters? Challenge modes? Versus???

Oh yeah, count on the Steam version in the next ten or fifteen minutes. I'm looking forward to the stretch goals, as well.
Give me playable Kamiya.