• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
So I'm confised on the rights issues. Does Nintendo still own the IP and they're just letting PG do this? Or did PG buy the rights? Maybe they need the money to buy the rights and that's the point of the stretch goals?

Deleted member 59848

Alt Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2019
Thanks for finding this! This is important information to me:)
Check out the interview for more detail including this:

Basically, I wanted to take a lot more care to modernise it. This is a detailed thing, but for example when a character levels up I wanted it to have a little more meaning. In the original, users were probably a bit confused when a character levelled up and didn't understand what they could do. I wanted players to understand the more detailed things in the game so that they could have an overall more enjoyable experience.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy it when its out. These guys got their Tencent money, they dont need to crowdfund, its silly marketing gimmicks

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
What makes you uncomfortable about it?
i don't think that it's a bad kickstarter or anything i just feel weird donating to a company that just got a big cash injection from a giant corporation

Dude, you can literally buy it here for less than it will cost in stores, it's a no brainer.
not for me, the converstion rates end up being way more

edit: wait, no it doesn't i was looking at the wrong tier. it still ends up being about the same

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
At this rate, PS4 looks to be a shoe in.

They should make the last tier "We will always self publish games" lol.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Those "bad look Nintendo" posts look kind of stupid now that we know Nintendo were actually willing to bring it to Switch despite how much of a bomb it was the first time around.
Hey, I was one of those posters, and I completely admit I was wrong.
It's a complex situation, and leakers/insiders implied that Nintendo was against a port. Now we know they were ok with one as long as it was exclusive.
It's good to see them allowing Platinum to do that.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
I really want to see more stretch goals. I'll be buying this game regardless, but I may wait until after the Kickstarter.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Backed it on the physical tier.

I wonder if the Steam version will have a physical copy. I'll probably go with that if it does, since there's no way they're putting out a retail PC version otherwise. If physical is only Switch and PS4, I'm going with Switch.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Nintendo being friendly with Platinum is good for both companies and shows strong relationship

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll buy it when its out. These guys got their Tencent money, they dont need to crowdfund, its silly marketing gimmicks

They talk about that on the FAQ.

CYTa0FO.png

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Wondering if I should back it or just like buy it normally when it comes out to support to release.

Either way I'm super happy this is happening. Wild that Nintendo went along with this, but I guess this shows just how good their relationship with Platinum is

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
I was going to pledge but noticed it is going to charge you in yen, so heads up to use a credit card that doesn't have a foreign transaction fee. I made sure to switch it to a card that doesn't have one.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
remember when Nintendo's final stage E3 unveiling their new console featured a long look at a year old Batman port and ended on Nintendoland fireworks

and then afterward, Geoff Keighley suddenly revealed that there was a brand new exclusive Platinum game for the system that had been left out of the conference

and the trailer started with closeups of unfinished models of tiny npcs who are normally 8 pixels tall in-game, and tons of people thought it was some garbage cheapo mobile game crap done for pennies and wondered what based super ps4 next-gen game kamiya-sama was making

and then kamiya said "this is my game" and people had no idea what the fuck

Syrenne

Producer of Manifold Garden
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Dangen is involved as of early last week when they sent out a followup PR email making sure journalists didn't have additional questions. The fact that them burying it by not putting it on the KS page means they're not involved is sadly wishful thinking.

jondgc

Oct 25, 2017
Ahh what the hell, doing my part! I missed this on the WiiU and now I get to correct my mistake.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
This game needs all the marketing it needs, I'm not supporting the kickstarter, but I can see how it helps especially with the way it blew up.

edit: seeing how it's $36 for a digital copy, I might actually pledge lol

Last edited: