• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It seems surprising that Nintendo has allowed the game to appear on other platforms. Why is that?

Kamiya:
We don't really know! (Laughs) They were really nice about it.

Inaba: Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo. We've been with Nintendo from the very beginning and we've released a lot of games with them, including Astral Chain which recently released and was a big success. So I think it's largely thanks to our relationship with Nintendo that they kind of decided to give us a break. I think it's our history that it's largely attributed to. We were quite surprised ourselves. This is usually not something that is allowed in the games industry. We see it as a very unique opportunity that Nintendo has given us and we're pleased to have it.
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/wonderful-101-remastered/

Seems like Nintendo retained the IP but allows PG to bring it to other platforms...
That is cool

Oct 25, 2017
So this really looks like Nintendo would have actually funded the port if they didn't want it to be on other platforms.
That's a weird choice from Platinum, but it fits with their goal of wanting to be independent. Nice from Nintendo to allow that in the end.

lol yeah. Thread is moving fast, I skipped a lot of posts.

Co-own, yes.

Sweet, the Smash Bros dream isn't dead yet.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at the "get blocked" goal. I actually have a signed copy of W101 on Wii U. I wonder if it's worth anything?

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In for a digital copy (PS4 assuming it hits $500k) This was one of those Wii U games I always wanted to get to but never did.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's sad only 101 people are interested in this Kickstarter /s

lmao this community has one heck of a track record when it comes to predicting this stuff

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Backed. Been waiting for TW101 to come to Switch for fucking years. I want it to hit Steam, PS4 and XB1 too.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Can I back for a physical PS4 version? Or is it only for switch?
I've never used Kickstarter before. 😓

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
It's for everything. You can't port a game in just 3 months.

It's most likely they already have them completed and with the KS they're looking to gain the money back.

So what if they won't hit the 500k but they ported the game? Just let it sit and have it waste money and time? Weird strategy.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Definitely interested in trying this, but bit wary of locking into any platform early after the Bloodstained kickstarter.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably pledge enough to get the art book, but I'm really tempted to spend the $330 for the physical OST.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lmfao at people not believing this was going to happen.
Anyway, good luck to them. Won't fund as I have the game on my WiiU (still yet to play, though).

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those "bad look Nintendo" posts look kind of stupid now that we know Nintendo were actually willing to bring it to Switch despite how much of a bomb it was the first time around.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Damn 134k + as of this post lol. PS4 version is like a lock at the end of today at most haha.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'm kind of shocked the Kickstarter rumor was true.

I missed this on the Wii U, but I'll happily pick it up when it comes to Switch.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game was really cursed to release on Wii U, I'm so happy more people are going to be able to play it.
Team, unite up!

Oct 27, 2017
At this rate I think it will smash the ps4 goal. I know if I hadn't bought it already and been thoroughly disappointed by it I would be pledging right now too. It's still very innvigorating to see. Wish other niche games would try kickstarter. Sign me up for megaman x9 capcom.

Oct 26, 2017
Source: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/features/interviews/wonderful-101-remastered/

Seems like Nintendo retained the IP but allows PG to bring it to other platforms...
That is cool
I am surprised and am happy that Nintendo showed some DAMN good will to Platinum for allowing this. Platinum is a powerful ally for Nintendo with very consistent HQ content. Hope this means bigger things between Platinum and Nintendo on Switch, Switch 2, etc.

Deleted member 38706

Banned
Jan 19, 2018
So this really looks like Nintendo would have actually funded the port if they didn't want it to be on other platforms.
That's a weird choice from Platinum, but it fits with their goal of wanting to be independent. Nice from Nintendo to allow that in the end.

Yeah. I think it's pretty nice of them to allow it to go multi-platform.

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
I'm feeling pretty confident in it reaching the PS4 goal which is where I want it, but there's a few weeks to go - no need to rush out and back it today - but definitely will before the end.

Good luck Platinum.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Ah man as a trophy hunter and a Platinum Games devotee, that Pure Platinum physical trophy really speaks to me... $700+ though, woof