• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they addressed the screen real estate issues at all though, because there is going to be some SERIOUS "I can't fucking see my own characters" on handheld

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Around 39€ for physical with just 5€ shipping is f'n crazy.

That's why I love Kickstarter. You can buy the shit you would buy anyway and get it cheaper than in stores. This time almost shadow drop even, only April! If you have the slightest interest in any way, you would be dumb to not back it here.

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
WAIT.

The FAQ section says steam.

Of course, we absolutely want to release The Wonderful 101: Remastered on platforms other than Nintendo Switch, Steam, and PS4 so that fans everywhere can play, but this is a challenging endeavor for our first foray into self-publishing. That's why we wanted to concentrate on these three initial hardware platforms.

However, we are absolutely listening, and if this campaign is successful enough to allow us the flexibility to port the game on additional platforms, we'd love to make it happen.

Wait, nevermind. That's the $250K tier. How did I not see that?

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
release by April?

So the game is basically done, this is just...marketing cost?

wtf, it's already past 110k?
It's gonna crush 500

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Interview with Platinum in which they discuss bringing the proposal to Nintendo (their comments are longer than what's in Zhuge's tweet; tldr they were fine with it) and their justification for the Kickstarter.
Can you elaborate on the status of the IP? Does Platinum now own it?

Inaba:
Unfortunately, we cannot comment on this matter at this time.
Hmmmm. I'm guessing the kickstarter funds will be used to buy the IP?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Shipping to Peru is about $45 lol, I'm out. Will wait for it to be available through marketplaces.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will physical only be available through Kickstarter or will I be able to buy it after it's released?

So happy to see it's finally coming to modern platforms and is getting lots of support!

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those goal tiers make it seems suspiciously like those are prices Nintendo attached to bringing it to other platforms lol

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Danger's coming, looming large
So who's gonna make a stand?
One-hundred rangers are taking charge
The line is drawn in the sand
Knuckles crack
In two-hundred very different ways
But each and every one has got
The same thing to say...

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Where are all the "This game is extremely niche no way it will succeed on kickstarter" people at now?

Kinda dumb to make a PC version a stretch goal, but it's obviously gonna reach that maybe even within the first 24 hours so no big deal.

It'll probably reach that by midnight (we're halfway there already and it's been 30 minutes).

Oct 26, 2017
But if Nintendo were up for it, then they
That's what I'm saying. Sounds like a rather irrational request by Platinum that Nintendo paid and was not exclusive. How could they not oppose?
Yeah, what were Platinum expecting? Granted this was before Astral Chain likely became a surprise success at over 1m copies, but if I were Platinum I'd have leapt at the opportunity regardless of the obvious caveat of it still being Nintendo-exclusive... of a Nintendo-owned game.

Again, what was going through their heads?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
So this really looks like Nintendo would have actually funded the port if they didn't want it to be on other platforms.
That's a weird choice from Platinum, but it fits with their goal of wanting to be independent. Nice from Nintendo to allow that in the end.
You should really read this post

edit: I see you saw my post :P
lol yeah. Thread is moving fast, I skipped a lot of posts.
So does this mean Nintendo still owns the IP?
Co-own, yes.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I suppose that physical editions would be shipped from Japan, am I right? That would include shipping fees + import fees. I think I will skip it at the moment, then. Maybe some physical copies will be available everywhere in the future.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
For people having no luck with the website. Use the app, no issues for me to check on updates for funded

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
This is actually pretty funny to see after reading the other thread where it's expected not to work, doom and gloom, W101 is dead yada yada.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of getting a physical copy for Switch and picking it up on Steam later down the line, but I dunno...

supervino256

Aug 14, 2019
Not interested in this, as I didn't like it much on WiiU, but I'm happy seeing that it's successful. It's a game with a lot of heart.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
But if Nintendo were up for it, then they

Yeah, what were Platinum expecting? Granted this was before Astral Chain likely became a surprise success at over 1m copies, but if I were Platinum I'd have leapt at the opportunity regardless of the obvious caveat of it still being Nintendo-exclusive... of a Nintendo-owned game.

Again, what was going through their heads?
At least Nintendo offered them the possibility of Kickstarter instead of simply blocking the ip.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Guys that means they were already doing it. They probably need the money to manufacture it.