• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
The Wolf Among Us hooked me immediately, and I went and bought the first 5 volumes of Bill Willingham's "FABLES" as I couldn't get enough.

Glad this game will get to see the light of day after all.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Alright this announcement is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully this game's narrative will hold up well in comparison with the first one. Really enjoyed that game.

diablo900t

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa, FL
Yes, yes, yes! I didn't think this was going to happen. I loved The Wolf Among Us, and was sad to hear that it wasn't going to be finished.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I hope you're right. I wonder if they'll be more transparent going forwards with regards to employee health and general business practice.
It's a different company entirely. The new Telltale is merely another company that bought the license to the Telltale brand and games. It's similar to how THQ Nordic and Atari aren't actually related to THQ and the Atari of old.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
How good was Fables man? I may be due for a reread...

Pretty okay but stuff like this ended up ruining it for me:

13.jpg

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
I highly doubt any of the management that were at fault are there right now; or are involved with the company at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
You are correct, it's got nothing to do with old management. Here's a Fireside chat with their new CEO from back in August if you're curious to hear more. You can also look around online for other interviews and articles about it if you don't want to watch a video.

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. That is awesome. To be honest I was expecting only The Walking Dead to make it out of the whole TellTale debacle, but I'm glad TWAU2 is back, and even more glad that it's being helmed by a lot of the TellTale team that worked on it. That is awesome to hear!

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Please actually release this time. I was so excited when they teased it originally and then Telltale closed.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
Once I saw the buildings and the art in the background I instantly felt it was TWAU2 and then the music hit and I lost my shit. Favorite Telltale game

Hopefully we get to hear Bigby's Place again:

This shit is like the Vigil piece in Mass Effect, so memorable.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
But will Bigby be given the opportunity to glass someone in a bar? And by that I mean "Kindly and politely offer someone a refreshing alcoholic beverage"?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed the first one is free on EGS. I never played it, so maybe this will get me interested in part 2.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
Great news and my heart is touched to see that some Telltale alum and especially Jared Emerson-Johnson have a place in the new chapter of their story.

Hope they are using Unity or at least anything but the Telltale Tool.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
Great news and my heart is touched to see that some Telltale alum and especially Jared Emerson-Johnson have a place in the new chapter of their story.

Hope they are using Unity or at least anything but the Telltale Tool.
Indeed, it's the ONLY way it should be done- getting the former directors and as many former telltalers on it as possible. That was my biggest fear, that new Telltale wouldn't do right by them. Great seeing it otherwise.

And they're using Unreal 4

Dec 14, 2019
They didn't want to make Wolf Among Us 2 due to the first game not doing too well, like any Telltale game that wasn't The Walking Dead season one, and now everything is EGS exclusive on PC.