• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
capturehljge.jpg

I've searched but haven't found a thread.

Just lock if old.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Get it everyone. It's one of the best games of the generation and one of the best puzzle games ever made.

Fantasy

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The game is quite enjoyable, even if you aren't infatuated with puzzle games.

I would recommend everyone to at least try it out, even if it's just to experience the art alone.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Very nice. My epic library is almost as large as my uplay and origin ones. Keep on feeding me free games.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, that's one of those games I'd always planned to buy once I'd finished whatever game it was I was currently playing. Never got around to it, so this is nice.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
The Witness is a masterpiece. If you like puzzle games at all and you haven't play it get this.

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Already playing it via PS+ but I'll pick it up. Not going to complain about a free PC version.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I did grab this on PS+ but this looks like the type of game that would control better with keyboard and mouse than a controller. Is this the case? If so I'll get it in Epic games as well and play it there instead.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Inflammatory drive-by posting.
Already have both Steam and GOG versions of this game. A fantastic game that I supported with a full price purchase, when the dev put the game where I wanted to buy it.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
I have beaten thimble weed park Edith Finch and axiom Verge. This will be my next play through.
All have been quality games I've been so close to buying but just never pulled the trigger.

Arkanius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, uninstalled EGS and I'm not going to install it again.
The free game offers have been great, everything else, not.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I did grab this on PS+ but this looks like the type of game that would control better with keyboard and mouse than a controller. Is this the case? If so I'll get it in Epic games as well and play it there instead.

IMO, it plays fine with a controller. The puzzle inputs don't really require precise cursor movement, as they're all grid-based.

Anyway, played through a chunk of it last year on Origin Access. Really relaxing and fun for the first few hours, but I hit a wall pretty quickly after that. I'm sure others will enjoy it more, though, and it's definitely at least worth trying if you're at all a fan of this genre.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I wish I could play it for the first time all over again. Such a fucking incredible game.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Free game from a misogynist asshole, courtesy of Tim Sweeney and your friends at Epic.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing, sucks for the dudes that paid $60 for it though... Just shows you that it's insane to buy games day 1. Even the Switch store has great discounts on great games all the time.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Amazing, sucks for the dudes that paid $60 for it though... Just shows you that it's insane to buy games day 1. Even the Switch store has great discounts on great games all the time.

I bought it at release and I don't feel that way at all. It was a sublime experience and I'll happily support developers of games I appreciate so they can continue making games.

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Nice!
And I don't own the next game too - Transistor - so make that a double nice!

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I've seen a lot of mentions of this game in the Baba Is You thread, so I'm gonna have to check this out. My brain is never going to catch a break from all these puzzle games.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, yes. Possibly the best puzzle game of all-time. Play this.

Yeah, sucks that I bought this game at launch when I could have just waited 3 years to play it for free.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
I like the Witness a lot but I do think it's a little over rated. Hard to really get into without spoiling it but it just doesn't really scratch the same itch most puzzle games do. It's satisfying in its own way.

GarrettB

Oct 27, 2017
I have already owned every game but slime rancher. They have a pretty good taste in games.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Witness is a piece of genius game design. if you never played it before I suggest you take advantage of it being free.

Endrix

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2018
I just tried it for a bit, and I suck at this, was not having fun at all.

The world is so big, everything is hidden and your movement is so slow. I want to do some puzzles but I just can't find any. The start is easy enough, where you can follow some cables to get to some trivial puzzles. Then quite soon you'll get to a puzzle that you can't solve because you don't know what is expected of you, and you learn that if you look around you'll find smaller puzzles explaining the intention of the bigger puzzles. But then the world just opens up and you're just slowly walking through this totally uninteresting world trying to find some gameplay.

And then the controls. It's 'press shift' to walk slowly, 'don't press shift' to walk even slower, 'press any other button' to come to a complete stop and freeze until you rightclick. Doubling the movement speed and giving me a jump button would already make this a lot more bearable.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Well, you can't say Epic don't have good taste. This is the game of the generation.