• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That last scene. I need the adventures of these two to come to life. Also, they did a great job casting Cahir.

Mack

Banned
May 30, 2019
Doesn't look as good as GoT production-wise, but I'm still intrigued. Will definitely watch it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is the guy in the last scene supposed to be Dandelion? :/ Doesn't seem as flamboyant as he's usually portrayed/described.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
When is this coming out? And is it a weekly thing or all episodes dropping at once..

If so my weekend is gone haha

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look as good as GoT production-wise...

Of course it isn't. GoT is really an outlier in regards to production value. GoT also wasn't always as expensive and elaborate as it was in later seasons and after its immense success.The first seasons were much more modest.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
This trailer seems... odd.

Either this trailer consisted mostly of footage from the final episodes or this will delve into the saga much faster than expected.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I really hope this will blow up the way GOT did and we'll get 7+ seasons of it. I know Netflix already ordered season two, so here's to hoping.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands

Either this trailer consisted mostly of footage from the final episodes or this will delve into the saga much faster than expected.

I believe that that last part is what happening; I remember reading an interview with Hirsch that they brought forward some of the saga-storylines. Can't seem to find it at the moment tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh.

Looking like a 3/10 show. Maybe even worse.

They don't show Triss or Dandelion. Not good signs.

He's literally in the last scene of the trailer. Granted, they're going with his original Polish name from the books (Jaskier) rather than Dandelion.

If it is it the least Dandelion ever.

Maybe lookswise, but the dude's singing is on point.

According to the showrunner,

this first season jumps back and forth in time, so that the audiences can get to know Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri all equally, rather than starting squarely with Geralt and slowly learning more about the other two overtime from his POV. So stuff like Yennefer's backstory from the books will actually be shown onscreen rather than just told to Geralt via dialogue as in the books.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
He's literally in the last scene of the trailer. Granted, they're going with his original Polish name from the books (Jaskier) rather than Dandelion.

Maybe lookswise, but the dude's singing is on point.

According to the showrunner,

this first season jumps back and forth in time, so that the audiences can get to know Geralt, Yennefer and Ciri all equally, rather than starting squarely with Geralt and slowly learning more about the other two overtime from his POV. So stuff like Yennefer's backstory from the books will actually be shown onscreen rather than just told to Geralt via dialogue as in the books.

Not feeling it. In fact that music is terrible.

I also read all of the books and he was delightfully Dandelion in all of them. I am getting a Zack Snyder DC movie vibe from this. In that these people have no fucking idea what they're doing. I dearly hope I am wrong.

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I believe that that last part is what happening; I remember reading an interview with Hirsch that they brought forward some of the saga-storylines. Can't seem to find it at the moment tho.

Didn't they cast Vilgefortz? If so, it's going to use storylines from the saga, Vilgefortz is very much a character in the saga. Same goes for Thanned school, which was shown in one of the trailers.

Oct 25, 2017
S1 of GOT looked much better than this production budget wise. Still looks decent though.

Not sure I'd agree with this personally, but then again, it's been a hot minute since I last rewatched S1 of GoT. It's definitely not quite on par with what GoT had from maybe S3 onward though, but the footage I've seen for this so far looks pretty great production-wise.

Not feeling it. In fact that music is terrible.

I also read all of the books and he was delightfully Dandelion in all of them. I am getting a Zack Snyder DC movie vibe from this. In that these people have no fucking idea what they're doing. I dearly hope I am wrong.

Eh, fair enough. My main point though was more that his singing was great, which I think is something we could probably both agree on regardless if we disagree about the song itself.

Eight episodes total, I believe.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
It feels like they're massively diverging from the books already. Weakest trailer probably and the battle still looks bad.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is nice, great voice. I just don't like what they are doing in the last minute or so of the song where the singer is completely drowned out by other instruments and ad lips and all sorts of effects. Weird...

Agreed, I like the song a lot overall, but the last minute definitely feels like it steps out of the realm of being something that Jaskier would perform in-world. I have a feeling there'll be a less bombastic, less orchestral version of the song in-episode and then this version will be used for a montage or end credits.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
Tell me witcher . . . . who's your one true love?

Geralt:
hD0jBGZ.jpg

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Didn't they cast Vilgefortz? If so, it's going to use storylines from the saga, Vilgefortz is very much a character in the saga. Same goes for Thanned school, which was shown in one of the trailers.

They are so far adapting these short stories for the first season:
  • Episode 1: The Lesser Evil
  • Episode 2: The Edge of The World
  • Episode 3: The Witcher
  • Episode 4: A Question of Price
  • Episode 5: The Last Wish
  • Episode 6: The Bounds of Reason
  • Episode 7: Sword of Destiny
  • Episode 8: Something More
Each episode is around 1 hour - 3rd episode is for example 1hour 6minutes long

Last edited:

Deleted member 46948

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
They are so far adapting these short stories for the first season:
  • Episode 1: The Lesser Evil
  • Episode 2: The Edge of The World
  • Episode 3: The Witcher
  • Episode 4: A Question of Price
  • Episode 5: The Last Wish
  • Episode 6: The Bounds of Reason
  • Episode 7: Sword of Destiny
  • Episode 8: Something More

Interesting. Thanks. I wonder where does Vilgefortz fit into that.

Oct 25, 2017
Been a little tough to ignore the deluge of 'we have a new exciting show' content from Netflix for this.

Any of them mandatory?

As for me:

Loved Witcher 1.

Bought the first two English-translated books (Last Wish and the....other one).

Loved Witcher 2.

Haven't read the books yet.

Haven't finished Witcher 3.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Do we know how long each episodes are? I'm hoping for at least an hour each since we only got 8 episodes.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It's a Netflix drama, so episodes will probably be at least 50 minutes each

Dec 31, 2017
Looks interesting, I know nothing about the books and have never played the video games, should I still give the show a shot?