• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
im really curious what they are going to pull off with this update, I feel like if its just PC max settings or something like that at higher fps or with a performance mode honestly its nice but would be kinda disappointed

would love just an overall improved visual experience which could also be updated to push the PC max settings further

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It would be awesome if the next-gen update made it look like the Switch version.
200.gif

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
Well they did just put out an update with over 500 things in the changelog...

From the patch notes:
  • The NCPD spawn radius for when the player commits a crime has been increased.

From the game after the 1.2 patch:

This reminds me of their Witcher 3 patch notes where "fixed framerate issues on the PS4 in Crookback Bog" or something like that appeared a few times in consecutive patches, without the framerate in Crookback Bog ever actually changing. Eventually one of the patches did include that in the notes when it was actually true.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
After Cyberpunk.... getting delayed is the right choice for them (even if it's Saber Interactive who's behind the development).

CD Projekt needs to get this right, and even after 1.2 update yesterday, Cyberpunk is still a mess. Lots of fixes.... for a game that still runs at 720p and 20fps.

The base PS4 and XB1 versions are a lost cause in terms of their performance. This engine was clearly not meant for those systems, and I doubt there's much they can do to greatly improve performance. I couldn't believe they announced it as coming to current-gen consoles in the first place, and now everyone who bought the game has to deal with the repercussions of that decision, whether you're on a base XB1 waiting for a version that's at least playable or on a nice PC waiting for much-needed content updates and bug fixes.

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually really excited for this as iv only put a few hours into the xbox version then stopped as it was so close to series x release. Shame its the second half of 2021 though