• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I doubt that the multiverse theory, I came on ERA just to be sure that people live in alternate dimensions.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
OP is out of his mind, the monsters and enemies are perfectly fine for their setting.

Now if this thread was about enemy combat design and reused animations...

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crones are some of the best monster designs period.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
lol at TW3 fans trashing God of War designs

TW3 is literally one of my favorite games ever but it is not even close to GOW.

This is your common enemy type on GOW:
images
Reminds me of Draenei in Wow. Could be cousins.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Ugly fat monsters going for an understated grounded look are ugly fat monsters with an understated grounded look to them.

Who'd have ploughin' guessed?

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I am glad we found something new about w3 that we can dislike. It has been 5 years and people are still finding new shit , truly the goat

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Hmm have to say I disagree. It's rare that games freak me out, but some of the enemy designs (and their backstories) did in Witcher 3.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The design was great but the gameplay around them was just unispired and repetitive, that's why it isn't remembered as much. Such a waste of great enemy design and it doesn't help that we're spoiled by Souls games at that time.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I could not disagree more. The enemy designs were amazingly grotesque. They were creepy, ugly, and in some cases genuinely frightening if they surprised you.

These literally look like the exact same style of enemy and is proving my point - where is the variety?
On what world do all of those look the same?

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
What a shit thread. Op is a troll. Witcher 3 has tons of great enemy designs. The crones alone should tell you.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I-I just don't agree with this. Sure, some of them look similar because they're a similar species but overall I really love the designs. They're filthy,ugly and spooky creatures ripped straight from European folklore.

OP
OP
EssCee

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I could not disagree more. The enemy designs were amazingly grotesque. They were creepy, ugly, and in some cases genuinely frightening if they surprised you.

On what world do all of those look the same?
The examples posted all shared the same drab color palette - the first and last one looked like derivatives of eachother too

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Classic ResetEra...
This X thing in this game is not just bad, it may very well be THE WORST OF THE ENTIRE GENERATION
The *insert aspect of game/show/movie here* of *insert name of game/show/movie here* is not up to my liking therefore it literally killed my dog.

I'm obviously exaggerating, but damn if it doesn't feel like that on here sometimes lol

Talos

Mar 5, 2019
I find it quite original to have one of the biggest monsters in the game looking like that.

I also do. To have one of the best villains be so unassuming you simply forget you meet him at the very start of the base game is great. Looks like a generic NPC, which is actually really original in a way.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I agree, the enemy art direction is the worst of the generation. CDPR can stand to learn something from 'Life of Black Tiger', truly a masterclass in enemy design that outshines The Witcher 3 on all fronts.

look at these elephants

750x750bb.jpeg

holy shit bears as well

1080x800bb.jpg

crikey even a crocodile

1080x800bb.jpg

what a game!!!!!!

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Hard disagree. They're inspired by Slavic folklore, and perfectly suit the world and art style of the game. The three witches? Amazing.

Philosopher

Sep 5, 2018
100% disagree. As a Eastern European i find their Eastern European designs to be refreshing and something very unusual for what is typically found in AAA games. Not everything has to have Western European and/or Asian design. Im all for more cultural styles to be represented even if some people find it "ugly". I frankly adore seeing Eastern European monsters come to life

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
lol at TW3 fans trashing God of War designs

TW3 is literally one of my favorite games ever but it is not even close to GOW.

This is your common enemy type on GOW:

images

images

images
I personally don't find these super inventive. It's just some armoured guys, like the Wild Hunt, which is just isn't special imo.

Not saying that either is badly designed, but it's a case of "been there done that".

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
Monster designs are JUST FIT for the game. One of the best overall designed game this generation.