• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Hell yeah, looks awesome. Own it on the OneX but I just can't dig into a game this long unless I can take it with me. Looking forward to giving it another shot.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The CDPR guys tweeting about this seem really excited about it, that bodes well for the quality and care put into the port.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
3550905-1.jpg

D83wdINXsAAu0GZ.jpg

Good thing we have direct captures. Plenty of leaves and branches.
A bit blurry, as expected, but I'm pretty impressed with how many of the original game's assets were kept intact in the Switch version!

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I can't wait to play this game lying in my bed in the pitch black with headphones on every night. I've played it on PS4, XB1X after the upgrade, and I still know I'm going to be completely satisfied with the Switch version because of dat immersion.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
The CDPR guys tweeting about this seem really excited about it, that bodes well for the quality and care put into the port.

I'm pretty sure it'll be good, yes.
I think that when taking the decision to bring such game to switch, most developers would understand that anything less than an impressive port would be really bad publicity.
And it makes sense: developing the original game was resource heavy, there's no reason why porting it wouldn't be.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Smash growing into a "Video Game Hall of Fame" is something that can be expected. non-gaming characters? nah

Yeah I don't mean that we'll definitely see book originating characters like Geralt, I more mean that every time we think Sakurai has a hard and fast rule it eventually gets broken. I just wouldn't be so sure that he never breaks that one.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't mean that we'll definitely see book originating characters like Geralt, I more mean that every time we think Sakurai has a hard and fast rule it eventually gets broken. I just wouldn't be so sure that he never breaks that one.
Not like that would be the first rule he broke.
if Smash ever breaks that rule, I think it will be in a post-Sakurai game. and even then, I have no idea what property it could be. outside of stuff like Mickey Mouse, trying to find a globally appealing IP to fit the Smash mold would be more difficult.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
if Smash ever breaks that rule, I think it will be in a post-Sakurai game. and even then, I have no idea what property it could be. outside of stuff like Mickey Mouse, trying to find a globally appealing IP to fit the Smash mold would be more difficult.

Geralt specifically would be a reasonable one, considering how many other Japanese games he's making cameos in. There aren't that many though, that's true.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
I'm kinda craving this game again, after 200 hours on PS4/PC and literally a month where I was consumed by the game.

Only thing putting me off is the loading times; going from 1440p/60 ultra on PC to Switch settings doesn't bother me, it's just the loading times. That's what sucked on consoles.

Applesaucejaxon

Uncle actually worked at Nintendo
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I have this on PC, PS4 , and XBONE.... This game has its hooks in me, and I'm fighting the urge to get it on the Switch.
Unless it runs absolutely horribly, I'll probably end up with it. Would be nice to actually have a physical copy of it finally.

RPGamer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have this on PC, PS4 , and XBONE.... This game has its hooks in me, and I'm fighting the urge to get it on the Switch.
Unless it runs absolutely horribly, I'll probably end up with it. Would be nice to actually have a physical copy of it finally.

I played it for around 300 hours on PC (with both extensions) and will buy the Switchversion too, it's just nice to have this on a handheld and it's a great game that i can play again, if it's not performing horrible what i don't expect.

I really find it funny how some people are concerned about Switchplayers in this thread.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Other than the framerate i need to know how slow/fast the menus are.It is pretty bad on the PS4 especially if you want to use potions/oils often.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never played the game and from what I have seen, the gameplay looks clunky as fuck.

I am only really interested in seeing how this turns out!

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
lol at talking about Geralt in Smash like he would be a Goku/Darth Vader type of pick

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Surely it can't be worse then XB2, resolution-wise. I won't play this, but I am oddly interested in seeing live footage. Still can't quite process this coming out.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
Yeah, it was a slightly odd but interesting preview that clearly broke embargo (note: they had it up as a 'review', for those sweet SEO hits). They kinda set up to temper expectations by stating that it's a great achievement and definitely feels like Witcher 3, then state that they're not sure an open RPG should be played this way (for them, personally, which is fair - it's not a blanket statement), with heavy use of motion blur and lowered draw distances that make it hard to make out distant objects. Frame rates are a little inconsistent, and audio compression was noticeable for some less important NPCs.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Those images look quite good, better than expected. The text suggests that it might be blurry in motion, so I will wait for the live footage somewhere this week to judge it.

It is expected that graphics are noticeably reduced from the PS4 version, especially in terms of draw distance, so most people interested in it knew that going in. The question is now how laggy is it and how much does the blurriness impact the interpretability of the game.

Miles Davis

Alt account
Banned
Jun 22, 2019
I'd never play this outside of PC with mods, but that is actually looking pretty decent. Wonder what the AA looks like. Switch players will be happy I think. CD is pretty good with Nvidia hardware. Bet it's going to sell a lot.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
Not only does it look good, but there's a good chance the game will receive a few patches down the line. Personally, I won't wait for them if the game plays decently, and I'll jump in day 1.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it actually looks great, not gonna play it on Switch (I don't hate myself) but damn that's a great port.

Status
Not open for further replies.