• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017

Looking at the trailer from the Youtube channel instead of the Nintendo Direct does make the game look a bit better and it's not that bad all things consider now it's just a matter of permanence in terms of frame rate and hopefully no memory leak like Skyrim has on the Switch.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Need to see more footage. Impressed they managed to pull it off though, even if what they showed didn't look good. Also, they need to update the other versions to allow save transfers.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Witcher3_Switch_06112019_09.png

Witcher3_Switch_06112019_03.png

look fine.

Obvious downgrades, as expected, but fine.

That Toussaint screen .. oof .. good for those who want it in a portable environment, but yeah that's a mammoth downgrade.

Deleted member 38706

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 19, 2018
Why do people act as if this was some sort of miracle? Just Cause 2 had a bigger map and faster traversal + more physics and it ran on PS3 and 360.
Yeah, they've put every slider on low...we've already seen that this game can run on low-end specs on PC. But it never ran stable on PS4+X1, so let's see how this game performs on Switch once you get to Novigrad.

That's the thing. We know a lot of games can run on the Switch, but people have been making all sorts of excuses against it (probably for console warring purposes). People are justifiably happy about this news because it finally shuts them up. People WANTED games to skip out on the Switch. The bar gets higher and higher each time an "impossible" port is done. Hell, people were even saying God Eater 3 can't run on the Switch.

cbrotherson

Freelance Games & Comic Book Writer
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Birmingham
It's astounding to see to difference in ideology between past Capcom and current Capcom. Hell will freeze over before they are willing to port any current gen games to the Switch.

Yeah - it's definitely interesting (albeit frustrating) to observe. Personally, I'm still wondering why Konami doesn't try to take advantage of EA not wanting to do a 'proper' FIFA and do an exclusive Switch version of PES...​

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably already mentioned, but according to the press release, the entire game and DLC/expansions are contained on the Switch game card.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Really interested in seeing DF's dissection of the tech behind this port.

Getting this to work on Switch is probably the work of true tech wizards.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Huh look at the Switch punching above its weight! Not bad Switch, not bad. I will buy it even though I own it on my big, bad PC.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
IMO the visuals are acceptable. Quests and story are why I loved Witcher 3. Will be excellent in bed or on a plane.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Yes they do. This looks like a huge undertaking and the game looks horrible even if it's a technical achievement. Asking every AAA dev to do what was no doubt done here is just weird.
How do you know it's a huge undertaking? I remember reading it took a dev a few weeks to port a game to the Switch. I don't remember which one though.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Main game AND DLCs on one cart? Woah, Nintendo must swallow the 32GB cart cost for this.

Crushed Ah, a man of culture, best scene right there, and how i would play the Switch port if i get it. ^^

Aaronmac

Nov 12, 2017
Armchair technologists and clueless gamers are yet again proven wrong. With the right techniques and effort, games can be made intensely scalable and playable on a variety of different devices, especially in this day and age. Get rekt naysayers.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well it does look "bad" for a console game. But for a "handheld" game, it looks okay.

Deleted member 19702

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some guys were really expecting this to be on par with the PS4/XBO? LOL, nice excuse to downplay this version, c'mon...

Deleted member 12447

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry. I fixed what's wrong with the Switch port of The Witcher 3.

unknown.png

It was missing a new E3 tradition tie in.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is the best Switch can do. Maybe it will still be an enjoyable experience for those that haven't played it.
Madlads. How? The eshop size listing will be interesting (that is to see whether they used a 32 GB card).
Texture quality is awfully low. That's how.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
People are genuinely acting like Switch version of very demanding RPG looks graphically worse than PS4, XBO and/or PC is shocking revelation?

Really now?

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
I am on mobile right now and the screenshots don't look that bad. I think the port is good news regardless. I have plenty of friends who don't own other consoles. It will be a treat for them to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.