• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If the stock game can't run decently on the stock machine then no, it isn't an option

Because by your metric, the original Vodoo GPU is perfectly valid for running Doom 3, and as everyone with a minimum of knowledge knows, it really isn't.
I literally showed the game running (some times better and without the blurry mess AA like on Switch). How is it not na option? ;)

Jun 2, 2019
I literally showed the game running (some times better and without the blurry mess AA like on Switch). How is it not na option? ;)

Look man, let's take this somewhere else because I'm not willing to derail this thread and possibly risk my account. My point is what it is and i stand by it.

You're just leaving yourself in evidence with that attitude

Jun 2, 2019
So I have to agree with OP or not discuss. Ok

You can just ignore the thread

I'm a PC/Switch gamer, and you WON'T see me going into every console specific thread and speaking about how EVERY single console game can (and WILL) run better on PC, or saying that PC did X first or whatever, that's console warring and fanboyism.

You don't have to agree with the OP, but you also don't have to try and act like some messiah who is coming to open our eyes to the glory of the 700 € portable PC that can barely run The Witcher 3 by modding it.

Live and let live. It's that simple.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
So I have to agree with OP or not discuss. Ok
He doesn't even say it's the first/only handheld to play TW3? He just says he's glad a port for a handheld already exists. The GPD2 just runs the PC version.

That said, I don't know if I would play TW3 on the Switch. I mean the idea is amazing but it looks rough, especially if you are used to the PC version. I would probably enjoy it anyway, idk.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can just ignore the thread

I'm a PC/Switch gamer, and you WON'T see me going into every console specific thread and speaking about how EVERY single console game can (and WILL) run better on PC, or saying that PC did X first or whatever, that's console warring and fanboyism.

You don't have to agree with the OP, but you also don't have to try and act like some messiah who is coming to open our eyes to the glory of the 700 € portable PC that can barely run The Witcher 3 by modding it.

Live and let live. It's that simple.
And you can just ignore my post.
The premise of this thread is not "wow, I can finally play TW3 on a handheld!" like you seem to to think it is.

Read the OP again. He's talking about how impressive this particular port is.

He is not talking only about that, but ok.

rodrigolfp

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
He doesn't even say it's the first/only handheld to play TW3? He just says he's glad a port for a handheld already exists. The GPD2 just runs the PC version.

That said, I don't know if I would play TW3 on the Switch. I mean the idea is amazing but it looks rough, especially if you are used to the PC version. I would probably enjoy it anyway, idk.
You can mod the AA off in Switch too to not look too rough.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
My brain is dumb because I've beaten breath of the wild on switch but when they eventually put wind waker on it ill be acting like it's sorcery

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I just let this here... Some pics of my Switch Lite with Witcher 3

4XpjelS.jpg

llqzsEo.jpg

qvgYQ29.jpg

WZ106on.jpg
Wow. I already own an OG switch. This makes it tempting to buy a lite.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
If you could play Chrono Trigger portably in 1998 rather than in 2008 it would have been a huge deal and even that example would still have been in the next gen.
You could have played Sonic, Phantasy Star IV and Virtua Racing on an handheld console in 1995, of course nobody cared and the Nomad nowadays is mostly forgotten.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Still replaying this, getting ready to finish the main continent quests. Great game and solid port.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You could have played Sonic, Phantasy Star IV and Virtua Racing on an handheld console in 1995, of course nobody cared and the Nomad nowadays is mostly forgotten.

While it was a good concept the execution was terrible. I know, I had one.

super battery killer, and the screen lag was atrocious that sonic was basically a blur.