• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

After some time, Formula Fusion, now known as Pacer, will arrive on consoles alongside a ton of new features like a Battle Royale mode.

For those who might not know this, Formula Fusion is a Wipeout "clone", with some differences obviously. Here's an overview of the game by the developers themselves:

Pacer is a moniker designed to reflect the sheer speed conveyed by its 4K-enabled, 60 frames-per-second gameplay, and one that celebrates its ambitious efforts to bring the anti-gravity racing genre still rooted in its retro past hurtling into the 21st century.

Pacer is a pulse-raising future generation anti-gravity racer that mixes high octane speed with fully-customizable craft, allowing players to tweak until they've outfitted the perfect winning killing machine to complement their skills.

"This change in gear really does mark the next stage in Pacer's progress," offers Steve Iles, Senior Producer. "The game has changed significantly with a ground up re-coding of the core gameplay systems and inclusion of a wealth of new content. We've got some big plans for 2019 and we felt that we needed to reflect that with a name that more accurately captured the spirit of the game."

Iles added, "For gamers who have been on board ever since we first announced the original game in 2015, this evolution is representative of our ambition to deliver more of what they love. Pacer is the realization of our original vision, but bigger and bolder."

At launch, Pacer will bring 14 different tracks and five customizable craft to the table, building upon R8 Games' goal of both recapturing and expanding upon the spirit of the anti-gravity racers that made their mark in the 1990s. Likewise, play will also feature a stellar soundtrack that will immerse the player in both original and licensed tracks from CoLD SToRAGE, Dub FX and many more.

Key Features

• Unique Storm Mode for single player and multiplayer: Life or death in a contracting field of play; the first ever Battle Royale arcade racer.
  • Spectator Mode: Follow any pilot with Chase, Nose, Orbit, or Environment cameras while displaying all race stats.
  • Highly customizable: Craft, weapons, and cosmetics can all be personalized.
  • Replay Mode: Capture and share amazing action clips and stills.
  • Online Ranked Mode: Find out how your piloting skills rate against the best in the world.
  • Online Tournament / Spectator Mode: Allows easy streaming and encourages fun events at all levels.
  • Campaign: Unlock team skins, as well as more challenging tracks and speed classes.
  • Designers Republic partnership: Graphic designs that influenced a generation in games and music.
  • OST and SFX: Created by Tim Wright, aka CoLD SToRAGE.
  • In-game VOIP: Easy and fun in-game chat.
  • Hosted servers: To level the online playing field and minimize the possibility of cheating.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2019/04/anti-gr...4-xbox-one-and-pc-in-2019#J4OQSePTiQRLMSGm.99

Source: https://gematsu.com/2019/04/anti-gr...d-pacer-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-and-pc-in-2019

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kickstarted this but it's been a long time since and I lost all the interest I had in it. Looks good though.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Looks solid.

If anyone wants a Wipeout fix now, Ballistic NG provides basically Wipeout as you remember it, but actually looking a hell of a lot better. Kind of like how the 3D Zelda remakes on the 3DS look way better than the originals from a technical perspective, but kind of look how you remember them in your head. It's got a ton of content, plenty of steam workshop tracks and is dirt cheap.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
"Pacer" is one hell of a terrible name.

It does look good, though. I'll certainly give it a try.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Huh. I wonder if they'll change the name for the PC release too.

Thomas Puha

Head of Comms at Remedy Entertainment
Verified
Jan 15, 2018
Espoo, Finland
Thanks for posting.

I saw this at SXSW and Pax East, tried googling Pacer and I found nothing...I was like where is this game?!, it's got Designers Republic, Cold Storage soundtrack and all that goodness...so the name changed huh. Definitely getting this. Looks like the best spiritual successor to Wipeout.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
It is awesome they signed up Cold Storage. It has been a while since I last played - did they significantly change the gameplay? Wasn't so fond of the gameplay early on.

Halloumiface

Oct 29, 2017
I backed this so long ago now, I'm happy it's finally here, and it really does look a lot better than it did a few years ago. To my eyes at least.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It is awesome they signed up Cold Storage. It has been a while since I last played - did they significantly change the gameplay? Wasn't so fond of the gameplay early on.
I haven't tried FF myself, but it sure sounds like it in their own description.

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep my eye on this one but I'm not holding out a lot of hope. I love love love wipeout but I haven't ever found a decent replacement.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
nice but i don't think i can play other wipeout-esque games after traversing in VR via Wipeout Omega Collection

Overflow

Oct 29, 2017
Wollongong
Really surprised when I saw the Kickstarter update in my inbox. I honestly had never really booted it up after they 'launched' despite always being a vocal supporter of the game. I'll double dip once it drops on PS4 though.