• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

When you're somebody's wife, you've gotta be even more prayed up," Nicki Minaj told her audience in a 2019 episode of her Apple Music show, Queen Radio. "Because you've gotta cover your husband in prayer."

The rapper was responding to criticism she'd received for marrying convicted sex offender Kenneth "Zoo" Petty. Minaj went on to claim that Petty had been wrongfully accused of attempted rape at the age of 15, and that his victim had actually written a letter to the judge back then, in 1995, asking to recant her statement—only to reverse course after she found out she could go to jail for 90 days. "But white is right," Minaj said.

But Petty's victim, who has come forward using only her first name, "Jennifer," is not white; her mother is white and her father is Black. Both she and Petty were 16 years old at the time of the assault, which she reported immediately. She says she never submitted a letter recanting—but alleges that associates of Minaj and Petty's spent months last year harassing her to do so, going so far as to offer hundreds of thousands of dollars on their behalf. At one point, Jennifer says, she also spoke with Minaj herself. (Minaj and Petty did not respond to requests for comment.)

Jennifer moved three times in 2020 out of fear for her safety—the final time out of state, separating her from her 22-year-old daughter. And since she's come forward, a section of the gossip blogosphere has also exploded, as Minaj stans and even some estranged family members attempt to discredit her claims.

New news article came out getting into her husband's sexual assault victim's side of the story

The thing is, I always looked at Nicki's relationships with her brother and husband as unfortunate in some aspects but ultimately weird to comment on because there's no real way you can force an adult to declare loved one's as "too problematic" or guilty of what they've been locked up for. The world outside the internet is definitely full of grey, messy areas where people overlook other's histories and while I don't necessarily see that as a "good" thing I also don't think its something you can really "correct". With that said, I really dont think a multi-millionare A-lister celebrity should allow a woman (especially one that has 2 kids) to get harassed and chased by goons regardless of whether or not they personally believe they're a victim.

Nicki Minaj has the money/power/respect to call this shit off and she just....doesn't.

I don't know, I guess with celebrities I think when bad opinions outside of their art (which of course you can argue are actively harmful) morphs into bad actions I just can't support dudes no more. I've never been a "stan" or whatever so Im always critical of people regardless of their status in life but this shit is just....disappointing as a big fan of her music. Shit "Pink Friday" is one of my favorite albums but I really dont want to enjoy stuff from someone who's just... morally FOUL (well, at least not currently)

Idk why I made this topic lol I guess reading all this just made me feel some type of way ugh

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't even know that about her husband.

Rehabilitation of past behavior is possible but it's different when you're threatening someone to make it pretend like it didn't happen.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Amen to that. Anways, let me tell you about my Lord and Savior, WAP.
Wrong artist lol

I didn't even know that about her husband.

Rehabilitation of past behavior is possible but it's different when you're threatening someone to make it pretend like it didn't happen.
Yeah its not even like Im someone who's going "you committed this crime as a teen therefore you will always be that" but neither husband nor wife seem to be too interested in "moving on". I feel like if at least one of them were interested in peace then this controversy would've died awhile ago

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I take offense at the being okay with the problematic due to family thing, I have cut off family for less so I reserve the right to judge others who cape for family.

Especially since when you include her brother and defense of others in the industry it almost makes you wonder what skeletons are in her closet that she has no issues with and repeatedly protects sex offenders.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
I take offense at the being okay with the problematic due to family thing, I have cut off family for less so I reserve the right to judge others who cape for family.

Especially since when you include her brother and defense of others in the industry it almost makes you wonder what skeletons are in her closet that she has no issues with and repeatedly protects sex offenders.
Its more about what I think is feasible, and I dont think you can hashtag someone into not speaking to a relative at the Thanksgiving table, so there was no real fight there to me. She has no busniess harassing and making false narratives about rape victims (especially invoking Emmitt Till-type imagery, wtf) so that in particular needs to be called out pubilcly especially by her co-workers/industry friends. Like it crosses from "messy family drama" to really insane "this needs to be adressed NOW" shit. I dont want to see celebs go "well we never knew her dark past" 5 years from now

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
She prolly got the worst fans of any artist tbh. The "Barbies" are all annoying assholes who harass anybody who criticises her basura music or character.

It's fairly prevalent amongst pop stans in general but hers seem more egregious

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Heard about her comeback through twitter hashtags and music forum topics and I really find the whole "hyper-fem boss bitch queen" thing especially phony (and at worst, insidious) considering her viewpoint on girls who're victims of rape and pedophilia.

Not actively checking her out or anything, but I just had that "funny" thought lol...