• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
So he can't actually force churches to open, but this will lead to a surge of people breaking local regulations because the president said so.

We're probably mere weeks away from an official Trump command for people to commit acts of violence against their neighbors!

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I'm not watching this right now (prepping enchiladas for film night) - please tell me he's not seriously "pardoning" Obama?
One can only assume it was a question/easy lay-up from OANN to move the topic away from the pandemic response to the tired-by-now Obamagate nonsense and then the press secretary conveniently had slides and a speech ready to reel off before doing a 180 and getting out of there. Disgusting behaviour.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
So he can't actually force churches to open, but this will lead to a surge of people breaking local regulations because the president said so.

We're probably mere weeks away from an official Trump command for people to commit acts of violence against their neighbors!
I'm frankly starting to get nervous around people not wearing masks around here, wondering if they harbor weird "freedom resentments" against us "sheep" and plan to make a statement for their leader in some violent way. Yes, I'm probably paranoid, but people love their guns around here.

Oct 28, 2017
Liquor stores and abortion clinics don't have large gatherings of people congregating to use them. False equivalency is false.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
Trump said:
The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, for this weekend. If they don't do it, I will override the governors.

The party of "States' Rights" ladies and gentlemen.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
I'm frankly starting to get nervous around people not wearing masks around here, wondering if they harbor weird "freedom resentments" against us "sheep" and plan to make a statement for their leader in some violent way. Yes, I'm probably paranoid, but people love their guns around here.
Not unreasonable at all, we just haven't had a Trump explicitly ask for stochastic terrorism in a while, but it's definitely coming.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol how does he actually plan to override the governors? Call on people of faith to storm the churches in-spite of state rules?

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL

The thread was deleted (by mods or by the OP I dunno) but someone on my local reddit already posted that they were yelled at for wearing a mask by one of these nuts when they went in to pickup takeout food.

Not to mention employee's at a lot of local places aren't wearing masks and a lot of companies aren't making it mandatory. Not surprising in the redneck hell hole I live in though.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
You know what. If I die from COVID, at least my long nightmare will be over. I'm so tired.

HaL64

Nov 3, 2017
Too much critical science based thinking is going on when you are trapped at home watching scientific data on tv. Time to revisit the mind control centers. See you at church Donald. Oh wait.

Oct 29, 2017
But you can worship at home, you don't HAVE to go to a church. In fact the bible even talks about how you SHOULD worship at home, when nobody is around to witness you, because that indicates you aren't just worshipping for social brownie-points/keeping up with the Joneses/etc.

I suspect he's only doing this because mega-churches and what not need their congregations for donation money and such. Ridiculous.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a faithful church-goer and this is INSANE. I would absolutely not step foot in a church right now - in many cases, it might essentially be like going to a concert. What an idiot.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Staying in closed environments with lots of people together, closely, with rites that stimulates contact. What can go wrong?

Here is the same thing.

However I agree that liquor stores are not essential too.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
The irony is that the churches likely to actually take the opportunity to open are probably the more radical, unhinged types that gravitate towards Trump.

Mainstream churches, even Baptist ones in the South, are likely to continue to do their services online.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
But you can worship at home, you don't HAVE to go to a church. In fact the bible even talks about how you SHOULD worship at home, when nobody is around to witness you, because that indicates you aren't just worshipping for social brownie-points/keeping up with the Joneses/etc.

I suspect he's only doing this because mega-churches and what not need their congregations for donation money and such. Ridiculous.
Ugh, mega-churches are just so damn sleazy. Part of me tries to look at it from the churchgoers' point of view... like yes, they're being fleeced but they're also getting some kind of feeling of community and placebo effect from worshipping in a huge group, and I guess entertainment, but still. They come across as such a racket.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, this is just getting old. At this point, I don't expect anyone else to be responsible, and just assume everyone is infected. It's on me to stay away from them. I feel for the front line people, but we've already lost.
I had to run into the store earlier, you would of thought I was a fucking leper the way everyone is looking at me dirty for wearing a mask. My cousin is a nurse and is actively telling my grandparents not to wear masks "cause they don't work". Fucking everyone is off the deep.

But you are right America is lost, and it isn't just because the damn pandemic.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I had to run into the store earlier, you would of thought I was a fucking leper the way everyone is looking at me dirty for wearing a mask. My cousin is a nurse and is actively telling my grandparents not to wear masks "cause they don't work". Fucking everyone is off the deep.

But you are right America is lost, and it isn't just because the damn pandemic.
This whole thing is just embarrassing.

Even here in liberal MA you have two different groups living by two different set of rules- unfortunately it's the ones who don't give a shit who are spreading the virus to everyone else.

If the federal government actually cared about their constituents things would be different. It all comes from the top- and unfortunately we have a bunch of grifters running things right now.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised by the apparent disparity. I went to a local grocery yesterday in Los Angeles and there was one out of approximately 120 people that I saw who wasn't wearing a mask. But even in MA, there's a sizable anti-mask contingent?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of surprised by the apparent disparity. I went to a local grocery yesterday in Los Angeles and there was one out of approximately 120 people that I saw who wasn't wearing a mask. But even in MA, there's a sizable anti-mask contingent?
Live in Texas it is about 50/50, even seen the anti mask people talk together about freedom and how they aren't scared.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We've had local MAGA folk harassing customers at grocery stores for wearing masks two weeks ago, so with everything being relaxed and opening up I imagine that'll get worse. Wouldn't take much to push them to escalate either probably.

Over half of the customers in the local groceries here are not wearing masks. Of course, been seeing restaurants open up beyond the imposed occupancy limits too. LA is unfortunately hardly the norm in that area.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
"These are places that hold our society together,"

This is supposed to be you.
This is your fucking job.
and you aren't even close to doing the bare minimum. lol

95,000+ dead (05/22)

VOTE AND GET YOUR PEOPLE TO VOTE

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

Pastor sorry after service caused wave of coronavirus infections

Countries across Europe continue to struggle to slow the rising death toll from the disease Follow our live coronavirus updates here Coronavirus: the symptoms

Good luck, trump.

Thats in Europe

and its somehow even worse here

www.resetera.com

Pastor who claims he cured coronavirus with faith dies of coronavirus COVID

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/frankline-ndifor-pastor-cameroon-072134640.html Corona found his lack of faith disturbing

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The church I go to regularly has approx. 1000 people in attendance close together for about an hour.

The liquor store I go to has 2 or 3. And I'm out of there in 2 minutes.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Thats in Europe

and its somehow even worse here

www.resetera.com

Pastor who claims he cured coronavirus with faith dies of coronavirus COVID

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/frankline-ndifor-pastor-cameroon-072134640.html Corona found his lack of faith disturbing

Oh, you mean the article that mentions france, and europe, takes place in europe? I wasn't saying that was his fault, I was giving an example of how opening churches might be a bad idea.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
How many dead pastors and fellow church members is it gonna take for people to stop being reeled in by this man? There are no end to the articles about Christians who scoffed at the virus and ate up Trump's bs who've ended up suffering or dead or watching a loved one suffer or die.

I say it often but these past 4 years, the religious right has genuinely replaced God & Jesus with Trump. They've gone full mask off (heh) and are ready to accept a man so antithetical to every actual tenet of the Bible just so they can personally continue to feel superior and justified in preaching and perpetuating the oppression of their fellow man ie those who aren't white, straight, Christian and/or male.

Any one of these people who go on to talk about how God Is Love, We're each created in his image, etc. is telling on themselves. Family values don't mater, honesty and integrity aren't valued, and they don't give a single god damn about love. All they want is the permission to be selfish and hateful and have embraced the world's most selfish and hateful man/political party to make sure that mandate is reinforced.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
You think that people 60+ know how to use PayPal/Venmo?

Tbh GoFundMe has sort of knocked away the idea that people who aren't internet savvy don't know how to donate money.

Hell, the percentage of people who online shop alone are definitely able to type in their credit card number on another site at that point.

squeakywheel

Oct 29, 2017
I'm a faithful church-goer and this is INSANE. I would absolutely not step foot in a church right now - in many cases, it might essentially be like going to a concert. What an idiot.
It's going to be worse. Remember that church choir practice where 80% got the 'rona? That's church in a nutshell with everyone singing, yelling, hugging etc. I'm doing virtual until the vaccine is available.