• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Know it's inspired by a lot of songs, but it gave me the vibes of this song most - one of my favorites ever.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to look into it on Genius later...I saw the imagery beforehand with him holding an oxygen mask over his face but I never made the connection with the title of the song "Take My Breath" there's got to be more meaning to it and we all know Abel has had current events play some inspiration to this dawn of an album coming...

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to look into it on Genius later...I saw the imagery beforehand with him holding an oxygen mask over his face but I never made the connection with the title of the song "Take My Breath" there's got to be more meaning to it and we all know Abel has had current events play some inspiration to this dawn of an album coming...
I work in medicine and I thought the mask and the breathing and stuff could be a COVID reference but I might be looking too far into it.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
I work in medicine and I thought the mask and the breathing and stuff could be a COVID reference but I might be looking too far into it.
nah, no way would I say you are looking too far into it. to me that's definitely a good guess and might end up having to do with some portion of the meaning of the song. we'll see

TibimusPrime

Nov 26, 2017
nah, no way would I say you are looking too far into it. to me that's definitely a good guess and might end up having to do with some portion of the meaning of the song. we'll see

nah don't think so, days before the video, he posted allot of blue velvet references, movie from David lynch. Almost the same mask used in the movie, nothing COVID related

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
I normally don't love his pop tracks vs the more atmospheric ones but this is a banger.

I dig the video too

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Max Martin on the decks is surprising.

This is probably the big pop single and the real good shit is on the album. Need the real sicko stuff with 0PN, Kavinsky, Thomas Bangalter, et al.

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fyi: the cd of the single has an extended version of the song.

shop.theweeknd.com

TAKE MY BREATH CD

SHIPS IN 1 WEEK. 1. TAKE MY BREATH 2. TAKE MY BREATH (INSTRUMENTAL)3. TAKE MY BREATH (EXTENDED) LIMITED TO 4 MUSIC PRODUCTS PER CART.

Evolve

Dec 10, 2017
My second post ever here just to say I can't stop listening to this song. It's really good.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
nah don't think so, days before the video, he posted allot of blue velvet references, movie from David lynch. Almost the same mask used in the movie, nothing COVID related
Oh I see. But still even then it could be a reference to both. Most people seeing any sort of medical mask imagery will think of covid first nowadays before anything else and if Abel made direct references on social media then it's definitely that as well. Could be multi-layered

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
It's growing on me, that's for sure. If I go out today this might be on repeat, same thing I did with Heartless when it first released

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh, covid references? It's about being with a girl with a choke/asphyxiation fetish. This is the weeknd, y'all new here? This is the same artist that won a kids choice award for a song about cocaine.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Bruh, covid references? It's about being with a girl with a choke/asphyxiation fetish. This is the weeknd, y'all new here? This is the same artist that won a kids choice award for a song about cocaine.
what we see in the music video tells could be telling even more stories than the lyrics of the song by itself. he's done this sort of thing with three songs from Beauty Madness: Can't Feel My Face, Tell Your Friends, and The Hills.

doesn't necessarily mean he's not sending more than one message..

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017

More likely asphyxiation than choking. You're not supposed to cut off airflow if your partner asks to be choked. You want either just to have your hand around the area, or if pressure is applied, it is applied to the arteries on either side of the neck to restrict blood flow.

Admittedly, the lyrics make it sound like the partner doesn't want to play it safe, but it definitely seems more asphyxiation than choking overall.

Anyways - love the song. Real banger. Gonna have to check out the extended version.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

more Memento Mori today for those of y'all that got Apple Music

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
FYI: The Apple Radio shows are free to everyone. Replays of shows are gated behind Apple Music.

wow this looks good. I skipped out on most of the HoB 10 year merch but I'll definitely cop some for Thursday.

for anyone else interested, make sure you purchase asap. From my experience, gear from his own website can sell out as fast as literally 10 minutes.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Take My Breath… Damn it's great. Shocking how he keeps topping his pop tracks every new cycle: Can't Feel My Face < Starboy < Blinding Lights < Take My Breath

Any news if the albums coming this year or early next year?

Also Max Martin really found his next big collaboration machine in The Weeknd huh?

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Thursday (Original) out now:

it's times like this where I wish we had a like feature. lmao!

more Memento Mori today too, I think?

also, I was gonna stay up all night last night to be ready for the Thursday merch drop, but looks like that will happen today in about an hour, 1500 ET and 1200 PT. Once again for those who want it, please be ready. It's like to sellout quickly.

shop.theweeknd.com

X O S T O R E

SHOP EXCLUSIVE MUSIC AND MERCH FROM THE OFFICIAL XO STORE. VINYL, HOODIES, CDS, TEES, AND MORE.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

Spider-Man has been the only thing on my mind all week and I bet it's been on Abel's mind too haha. But August is my favorite month of the year, last time he released an album this month I think was Beauty Madness.

Now just coz he finished it doesn't mean he'll release it soon. I'm guessing he's probably gonna wait until the fall.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

I didn't watch the VMAs but it looks like he's teasing the next single with Swedish House Mafia

Deleted member 5853

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The SHM single seems to be for their album, but they probably will have credits on whatever this new LP is.

actually, would be interesting if this single shows up on both albums somehow.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

I saw this on IG and felt like I had to post this one. The album is complete according some sources surrounding him...