• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
He wiped his IG, so whatever it is, its gotta be coming soon....
He did the SAME THING for After Hours before we even knew the name of the chapter. It's coming man...

I have been away for a week, thank you for posting this tweet!
Feels funny to call it the After Hours Tour if the follow-up album drops prior.

COVID gonna COVID though.
People who bought tickets will just get a bigger bang for their buck with twice as much music to hear live! Unless the prices rose in between the first purchase and covid cancellations.
the weeknd is truly one of the most unique artists of this century tbh i feel like he's overlooked by the """"music community""""
He definitely is one of the most unique, but he has become one of the biggest superstars as of late as well. I still don't think he is in his prime yet though. Each time he comes out with a project, he tops himself.
First teaser????

EDIT: I don't understand how to share a tweet lol

That clip had me straight mesmerized.

Sound-wise, it seems closest to Nocturnal but still very different and its own thing

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sooo ready. After Hours was a great album. Made up for everything I hated about Starboy and BBTM.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.gq.com

The Weeknd vs. Abel Tesfaye

The ubiquitous pop star explains everything—including where Abel Tesfaye ends and his dark public persona begins.

The music hit the studio like a Mack truck. The new project is packed with party records. Like real-deal, illuminated-white-tiles-on-the-floor party records. Quincy Jones meets Giorgio Moroder meets the best-night-of-your-fucking-life party records. Not anachronistic disco stuff. (Not "cosplay," as Abel put it.) That sort of retro thing is having a moment right now in pop music, but these records are new. Sweaty. Hard. Drenched-suit, grinding-on-the-girl/boy-of-your-dreams party records.

"It's the album I've always wanted to make," Abel said. That statement would linger in my brain for days. As did the music. It became nearly impossible to find something else to listen to. Everything else sounded soft. Or didn't groove enough. Or felt too happy. Or too sad. It was clear to me that this isn't just the album The Weeknd has always wanted to make; it's the album we've always wanted him to make.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
this man came through with a snippet, hummed, and said maybe 5 words and I'm already hype

is this what cudi fans feel like

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
Oooh, that quote from the interview. I know I'm gonna get expectations that are too god damn high.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
www.gq.com

The Weeknd vs. Abel Tesfaye

The ubiquitous pop star explains everything—including where Abel Tesfaye ends and his dark public persona begins.
Thank you for posting. Damn, I feel like he has definitely grown and matured over his career and fame and just from getting older

Other drugs?
No. Drugs were a crutch. It was me thinking that I needed it. And not doing the work to figure out how not to need it. And I've spent the last few years realizing that and thanking God that I don't need it. Because for a lot of people, it's hard to shake it. But I knew I didn't want it.

This part was definitely the most surprising to me. I've been under the impression that Abel has been living that XO life all this time without slowing down, but good on him for going "sober lite" lol. Sounds like it is just alcohol and weed now.

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
After Hours was almost a perfect kissland sequel and this sounds like more of where it was going.

IN

b3llydrum

Feb 21, 2018
Holy fuck I don't even know if I'm ready for a new Weeknd album.

Everything he's done is gold.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
Weeknd working everyone with a detour then coming back around to slapping us with more Kiss Land is an underrated arc.

Kiss Land day 1s win in the end. 🙌

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Where did you get the image for the first mixtape? Definitely not the correct cover but it's actually really cool! Wanna know who the artist is.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
After Hours was almost a perfect kissland sequel and this sounds like more of where it was going.

IN
I was gonna say this. After Hours already feels like a Kiss Land sequel, so in a way it does feel quite natural if we are getting a Kiss Land 2 after all. He did say that is the only album he see himself doing a direct successor to
Where did you get the image for the first mixtape? Definitely not the correct cover but it's actually really cool! Wanna know who the artist is.
It is the correct cover! It's just not the original one, which is nsfw. The cover in the OP was from this year's 10 year anniversary of the House of Balloons.

Oct 25, 2017
Kissland is still the best Weeknd album, fuck the haters. I'll be ecstatic if this comes anywhere near capturing the same vibes.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

so I guess this means the new single is dropping with a video too?

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

The Weeknd Video for ‘Take My Breath’ Pulled From Imax Theaters Due to ‘Intense Strobe Lighting’ (EXCLUSIVE)

The Weeknd's video for his new song ‘Take My Breath’ was set to air in Imax theaters but has been pulled due to 'intense strobe lighting.'
The Weeknd's video for his new song "Take My Breath" — which has been previewed in an Olympics ad and on social media this week — was scheduled to air in Imax theaters before "Suicide Squad" this week, but has been pulled due to epilepsy warnings regarding to the "intense strobe lighting" in the clip, a source close to the situation tells Variety.

The song, the first leading up to the Weeknd's follow-up to his blockbuster "After Hours" album, will be released on Friday at 12 a.m. ET.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017

only half an hour to go but this snippet does not sound like anything before. hmm

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
*****EPILEPSY WARNING ********

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Which is why they removed it from previews in theaters lol

Just checked out the Kanye thread, I thought it was known Abel was gonna be on that album too. Oh well.

6 minutes...wondering if I should threadmark the new song

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had to sit through the Kanye thing when it is just premiering on youtube.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
I dig it. Seems like he is back to the lighter pop stuff. I do hope the album goes full synthwave though.

"Take My Breath"
OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
SO DAMN GOOD
music.apple.com

Take My Breath by The Weeknd on Apple Music

Song · 2021 · Duration 3:40
thank you Wallace Wells for providing the Apple Music link. I don't see it on Spotify yet

edit: Spotify link

music video on YouTube

www.youtube.com

The Weeknd - Take My Breath (Official Music Video)

*****EPILEPSY WARNING *************EPILEPSY WARNING *************EPILEPSY WARNING ******** Official music video for “Take My Breath” by The Weeknd. Song avai...

Last edited: