• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
This gentleman just won three awards last night and dropped a video singing the title track for After Hours today. I love this as the intro of the album and for me it hits differently after going through a breakup. Two more on the way, and the thread will be updated whenever those drop.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, I was really pleasantly surprised with After Hours. None of Weeknd's previous records felt like very cohesive albums but this one was fantastic.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
might as well post this here in case anyone missed it.

Freestyler

Oct 27, 2017
After Hours is my AOTY, no question about it. Every track is a 10/10 for me.

I still remember how it felt hearing the "I hope you know that, I hope you know that" Elton John sample (from Scared To Live) for the first time 🤤

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Used to own it. He sold it last year. He owned it from 1992-2019. I had lived there too from 93-97. It was an awesome building to grow up in. But man was it run down when we first moved in.
I went and visited it last year on my first trip to Toronto. There are like 3 units to the house, right? First, second third floors? I am guessing Abel rented out the top. This video has a ceiling that slants which looks like it could have taken place in the house of balloons on the top floor.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went and visited it last year on my first trip to Toronto. There are like 3 units to the house, right? First, second third floors? I am guessing Abel rented out the top. This video has a ceiling that slants which looks like it could have taken place in the house of balloons on the top floor.

Yup and a basement. And yes it was on the third floor where he one of the apartments.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Yup and a basement. And yes it was on the third floor where he one of the apartments.
But there are more than 3 units. Each floor had about two apartments.

I see, so is it like 8 units total? I am guessing with the depth of the house that the units are split front to back instead of side to side
MID9IcX5bNB0iNHdBc8YzZpNSjS-W5T0jdDMNQqY_UySQi4ul1xOtdz6q5293kcIZ35PAsHrq8GeG9gEpvRyTCL9uI4q5thMsaou1O0KOv4Heclqxka-7AAULJRHpJZ3b6ZECJGQycsouL6N8Qgi3WEQik8CwOYkRNW3zNq9wUt8pXOpFPW_gGzrgTAhsyMD

W4336036_2.jpg

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
vevo perf number 2. "In your eyes" featuring Kenny G again

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
a little late on posting this but vevo perf number 3. not my favorite song but arguably the best song on the album.