• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
But the woman isn't homosexual? We talk about a fictional woman in this song, who he tries to portray as undicided bisexual.

When the woman in the song is homosexual or bisexual, then i agree, it would be homophobic. But he tries to portray her as experimental. He clearly failed in painting a clear picture.

I'll just copy my previous post:

It doesn't matter whether she's bi-curious, bisexual, straight or gay, what matters is that the song literally says that the 'main character' can fuck the 'gay' out of her system.

I'll add that it essentially makes bi-curiousity into not a complex and deeply personal matter but an 'infliction' that can be fixed if the right man/woman (almost always man, of course) comes around.

EDIT: There's also this:

Forget the "fuck you straight" phrasing for a second. She said she's into girls and yet he's still trying to fuck her. That's bad enough, choice of words notwithstanding.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I looked at the whole lyrics and i better understand, where people are coming from. The woman was together with the guy of the song and she wants to leave him, because she thinks, she may be homosexual. I thought, she was just a random woman, who didn't know, what she wanted.

But in this regard ... Isn't the guy in the song supposed to look bad? It sounds more like a picture of a character and hopefully not the Weekends real thoughts. Because the song makes the guy look terrible in every way. Not only the homophobic part.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I see some people interpreting it as the type of act he is doing is a straight one, but I think he is saying he can turn her straight again (or at least break her out of this phase since I think he is saying the woman is experimenting and not solely into other women).

Abel what are you doing?

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Homophobic Rhetoric
Honestly, its more him saying "my dick so good you wont want to go gay" rather than "i dont like and fear gays" its more toxic than homophobic imo

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this thread isn't a user graveyard the next time I come across it I'll be upset. There's nothing else that needs to be said. EXTREMELY disappointed in y'all.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime there's something wrong with lyrics being bad /ignorant regarding the LGBT , i wonder what would have happened if DMX was at his peak and released Where the Hood at in 2019

I still can't believe it was on heavy radio rotation back in the days

DMX has so many problems where whenever you hear something about him you can only think, "Add it to the list I guess." Homophobia, dog fighting, tax evasion, identity theft, assault, theft, cocaine addiction, not paying child support etc. Any individual act would be terrible but add it all up and it's a blur.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Honestly, its more him saying "my dick so good you wont want to go gay" rather than "i dont like and fear gays" its more toxic than homophobic imo

Consider though that it's toxic because it's homophobic and by extensions adds towards a culture of harrasment and corrective rape.

I looked at the whole lyrics and i better understand, where people are coming from. The woman was together with the guy of the song and she wants to leave him, because she thinks, she may be homosexual. I thought, she was just a random woman, who didn't know, what she wanted.

Oh so the songs just extremely biphobic then. Ah well, glad we settled it then. All's well in the world...

You do not tell someone you will fuck the gay out of them, nor do you suggest you think that's possible. Because it isn't. And it's not okay to spread that message.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it funny how this dude goes on about how straight and masculine he is, yet he's surrounded by a bunch of shirtless muscular dudes.

That's why it always cracks me up whenever I bump into or see any homophobic pro-wrestling/MMA fans, both of which have deeply phobic bases and cultures surrounding them. Ya'll watch oiled up half naked men fight each other and grapple one another for fun. It's always been funny to me in a fucked up way.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
The part about this threading that's a bit unsettling isn't that some people are just being blatantly ignorant, but they're actually trying to find reasons to justify it as if their explanation makes it acceptable.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thinking of the logistics here... so he going to fuck the straight out of her vaginally while a girl fucks the gay into her orally at the same time?

wouldn't both cancel out... throwing them back to square one?

dumbass didn't think it through

yeah "fuck her straight" is a typical homophobic phrase, no way around it

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Yes It is. This is where we come to the " ' X' artist is now canceled because they are homophobic" part of the discussion and that was more what I was getting at. I don't think Abel is homophobic, just stupid with the typical macho toxic masculinity women are my plaything hip hop lyrics

I mean if saying homophobic stuff doesn't make him a homophobe, what would??

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I was away from the internet and I checked Tidal to see what new music was up. Saw a new Weeknd song. Was excited. Then I heard this verse...

Not that the Weeknd hasn't had some bad lyrics before, but this was egregious. Might give a second thought before listening to any of his future stuff.

Every lesbian person I know has had some creepy straight guy come up to them and say some version of offering to "fuck you straight". This shit is all too common.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime there's something wrong with lyrics being bad /ignorant regarding the LGBT , i wonder what would have happened if DMX was at his peak and released Where the Hood at in 2019

The line 'I bark very little but I know how to bite' always confused me; as a grown man he barks like a dog more than any other grown man I know.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. That line in the song is so awful. I honestly couldn't believe he put that in a song.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017

I honestly refuse to listen to this song anymore. It's so bad.

Sep 28, 2018
It IS a harmful lyric, this is a fact. But I think otherwise the lyric is fine as a taboo/fantasy type stuff (just see how disturbingly popular things like 13 Reasons Why, Netflix's You, and 50 Shades of Grey are).

It's not enough for me to dismiss The Weeknd, personally.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Yea this song is terrible all around and that is a garbage lyric.
I don't know how Gesa made this bullshit, all of his material up to this point had been amazing, especially Aleph.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
How the fuck is there a defense force for this homophobic trash.
While I fuck you straight

"Guys, I don't think it's homophobic."

giphy.gif
Yep

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I've never, ever, heard someone say "fuck you straight" in a way that wasn't explicitly homophobic.

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't terms like "scare them striaght" been used by evangelicals peddling conversion therapy bullshit for years? How is "fuck them striaght" not obviously homophobic?

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
Tbh while I definitely find it problematic, definitely feel like people are overreacting to it.....though I am the type of guy to jokingly tell my straight friends I would turn them.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
It took me a few comments to see the problem people seem to have with it, as I never read it as he was going to 'turn her straight'.

I read it as she was bi, and getting both aspects catered to at the same time, but he was going to do the straight part while the other girl was going to ride her face.

Didn't strike me as homophobic, but I guess if you're looking for it, then I can see how it could be interpreted that way.

Last edited:

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Here's a hint:

If you're explaining how your a line in your song that reads "fuck you straight" isn't homophobic

You're losing. Even if, hypothetically, you were dumb enough to accidentally write this terrible context.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nope this ain't true no matter you spin, it's people trying to read into something that's not there; quoting myself form the other thread:

He's literally having sex with her like a straight man would have sex with a woman, and the woman herself has said that she's going through a "phase" where she might not actually be queer (actually liking girls), but is testing it herself because she's tired of her heart getting constantly broken by men and wants to see if a woman would be different.

Lol.
There's nothing to spin here. Stop this shit.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Lyrics are super dumb, especially the idiotic notion of fucking a bicurious girl straight... but am I crazy for not understanding how it's homophobic? Like sure, it rings of conversion therapy, but the thought process here seems to be totally different. It's more of an egotistical "i'm such hot shit, you won't be able to think about anyone else but me after I'm done with you" kinda thing rather than a "being gay is wrong, we gonna fix that" kinda thing.

But definitely not a hill I'm interested in dying on, so I'll leave it at that... and if anyone wants to share their take on why they think it's homophobic, I'm all ears. Or we could just universally agree that we've all spent too much energy thinking about this bad song.

Last edited:

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The weeknd has some really questionable stuff in general. This is super gross, especially in 2019.

Oct 27, 2017
wait wait wait

toxic masculinity and homophobia in mainstream hip-hop/r&b?
Pretty much. Gotta love how much this website rips the fuck out of Eminem (rightfully) but generally ignores and/or praises other artists in the genre that say equally awful shit. I fucking love hip-hop but it's easily one of the most blatantly and commonly accepted misogynistic and homophobic genres of music.

Plum

May 31, 2018
It IS a harmful lyric, this is a fact. But I think otherwise the lyric is fine as a taboo/fantasy type stuff (just see how disturbingly popular things like 13 Reasons Why, Netflix's You, and 50 Shades of Grey are).

It's not enough for me to dismiss The Weeknd, personally.

I'm confused here: you admit it's harmful yet it's "fine" as well because there's an element of sexual fantasy to it? Also could you elaborate on your comparison to those three things in the brackets? All I know is that 50 Shades is about a (horribly unrepresentative) BDSM relationship whilst 13 Reasons Why is about suicide. Ignoring how the shows themselves represent them, neither of those things should be considered anywhere near the same as the idea that men can "fuck the gay out of bi-curious people."

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's straight up homophobia, old-school style. I've heard this nasty shit all my life. Fuck this artist; onto the blacklist for me.

T'Chakku

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Pretty much. Gotta love how much this website rips the fuck out of Eminem (rightfully) but generally ignores and/or praises other artists in the genre that say equally awful shit. I fucking love hip-hop but it's easily one of the most blatantly and commonly accepted misogynistic and homophobic genres of music.
Yeah...Eminem is the only hip hop artist this site rips into...

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Also, plot hole: He's gonna fuck her straight, while engaging in a 3-way with another girl in the mix? Huh?? Not a lot of thought put into those lyrics, lol

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Yeah...Those lyrics are blatantly homophobic. I don't see any other way of viewing them. Unfortunately, homophobia against lesbians isn't seen as egregious as against gay men. Both are terrible.