• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Give me the wishlist back on the website and I'll be happy.

Speaking of which, does anyone have that link that lets you access the old store?

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone to Sony in reference to the PS Store be like:
giphy-8054d2e77bd1b72f5.gif

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Can't believe they removed the wishlist from the app, how am I now gonna see when the games I want are on sale?

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Pardon my DUMBASS QUESTION OF THE DAY — but is the web store different from the store in the PS App?

Can't believe they removed the wishlist from the app, how am I now gonna see when the games I want are on sale?
I'm right there with you on this. I use it frequently on my Switch. It's extra dumb because I believe there is still a wishlist on the actual PS5 console store itself?

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Yeah, it's a downgrade from the previous one. I do like the app and console versions of the store to an extent though. Hopefully they re-implement the missing features soon, and also improve its UX.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Yep. Maybe it's something on my end... but I can't even find a way to purchase games on the new web store. Like, clicking on a game from the store just takes me to a page with all of the info on a game but no option to pre-order or buy it. I had to go to the old version just to buy a game. Browsing the store is also less intuitive. I just want to see new games in release order and all games on sale quickly and easily. It looks nice enough from a presentation standpoint but it is far less functional than the old version.

Edit- I'm seeing add to cart options now so I have no idea what was going on a few days ago.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
You can tell they rushed the web store. Both the App and the PS5 store is much better and has much more info, whoch means they have a way to have all that on their web store...for some reason they don't yet.

But tbh it's much better now than it was on day one.
Still a long way to go though.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's sooo bad, on Firefox it sometimes won't show me pricing. It's also hilarious how you can't sort by anything. Wanna see which games are 15 bucks or less? No can do.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
it's absolutely terrible, borderline unusable for anything but light searches. Can you even sort the result of said searches, btw? I haven't been able to find a way.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I considered making a thread like this a few weeks ago. I can't stand it. It's slower, has less content, is sometimes buggy (I've had issues where the purchase button disappeared), and they removed the wishlist. What were they thinking? It's significantly worse. I had to use an external site to make wishlists, which is ridiculous.

Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
I agree.

It is hard to read, there are missing features (like the wishlist), and losing the ps3/psp/psvita catalogue sucks, especially after receiving an email a couple of days ago informing me that purchases on those platforms may fail when using paypal / credit cards from january 2021 onwards.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Agreed, can't believe they removed the wishilist and apparently my ability to buy stuff from them by not showing the "buy" button.

More money for me I guess?

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It's not just ugly and hard to navigate, it's broken. Half the time prices won't load, add to cart button will be missing, images blurred out, etc.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
The new PSN UI is also much worse than what we had on PS4. I heard complaints, but didn't think it was THAT bad.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
It's just bizarre how much they messed up the new web store. Can't see prices at a glance in most cases, no more wishlist, harder to find what you want, even more janky/unresponsive than the last version, can't buy PS3/Vita/PSP games there anymore, etc...but hey, it sure has a nice clean look 🙄

chub

Oct 28, 2017
On Chrome, I can't even SEE the prices anymore? I had to open up edge. I used to love browsing the site for deals etc, but this new site is unbearable. It looks optimized for a tablet or mobile maybe but I haven't tried that out. It's just so horrendous and I much prefer the old site.
I was having the same problem with lack of prices in Chrome a week or so ago. I couldn't even add the PS+ games to my account as there was no 'buy' button.

Having said that, I just checked the store again and it's working for me in Chrome right now. However, if I check a game's details, I don't understand why it loads the page, thinks about it for a while, then loads the prices.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
The webstore is one thing but I still can't find out, if there's a way, how to find sales or any sort of break down on the PS5 console store itself.

Neuromancer

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore
It's a huge step back from the PS4-era webstore, which I was able to navigate very quickly and find what I was looking for 99% of the time.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I was having the same problem with lack of prices in Chrome a week or so ago. I couldn't even add the PS+ games to my account as there was no 'buy' button.

Having said that, I just checked the store again and it's working for me in Chrome right now. However, if I check a game's details, I don't understand why it loads the page, thinks about it for a while, then loads the prices.
What it's doing is checking your account to see if you have the games or not. It won't show the buy button if you do, is the plan. Though it screws up a lot, and sometimes doesn't load properly. If you get stuck with this "no buy buttons" situation, log out and in again should clear it up, I've found.

At least they've added the game's name in text underneath the boxes! As bad as it is now, it was ten times worse with no text at all to go on!

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's complete trash now. I used to browse the web store pretty often before and since the redesign I actively avoid using it because it's so obnoxious to navigate and find things. Probably bought less than I normally would have because of it.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I feel like there must have been a deadline to update/reskin the store prior to the PS5 launch. Someone was probably told "Just make a new store before November" but the staff/resources just weren't there.

It's the only explanation. It's unfinished and missing basic features that Sony would profit off of (gifting for example).

batrush

Nov 4, 2017
It really fucking is terrible. Was almost perfect before too. Sony has been making too many of these shitty design decisions lately.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know who signed off on this. The store seems to have taken some real steps back all around. How in the world does the console not have a deals section

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Still don't know why ps3 and vita games had to go. I could accept it if there was actual improvements but it's shit.

Also as far as I can tell there's no auto complete in the search? So you need to type the full game in the bar

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
It's rubbish. I just get my PS4 games through the console now instead.

Jim Ryan will probably say it's an accomplishment next month. Too hard faced to admit they need to resolve this.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I made these exact complaints in the thread concerning the VGA sales. Wanted to check out the Persona 5 Royal sales and it's just three links with the same thumbnail but different titles (Deluxe and Ultimate are both on sale, too). No links to separate DLC for me to view and see what was included in the Ultimate/Deluxe editions to see if it was worth it for me to go for those editions over just getting the base version and ignoring any DLC.

This isn't the first time I've struggled with it. WHY Sony thought they fixed something that wasn't broken is beyond me. I like the previous iteration of their store so much more.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Still don't know why ps3 and vita games had to go. I could accept it if there was actual improvements but it's shit.

I don't know either. The store was effectively busted on PS3 for me a couple weeks ago. Performance sucked and got progressively worse over a span of 5-10 minutes looking around for sales on DLC on some older titles and it would regularly crash on my Slim. No idea if the latest firmware helps or not but that's a bit inexcusable when this is the only way to browse the PS3 catalog.