• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I am really liking this show so far, it's kinda simple but effective.
And there is a TLOU vibe with the teens reflecting about the old world and this stuff.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I am really liking this show so far, it's kinda simple but effective.
And there is a TLOU vibe with the teens reflecting about the old world and this stuff.

The funny thing is I thought the whole point of the show and having a teenage cast was to show the perspective of kids who were born and raised during the apocalypse and have no knowledge of the old world, but this show has flashbacks constantly. lol

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I'm not surprised the ratings are dropping. It's been time spent character building but these characters are not very interesting or well written IMO. Add some pretty dumb scenes and this show isn't improving the brand at all. I hope they've got something better planned for the rest of the season because this isn't working.

Aug 7, 2019
The season finale preview seems to show Percy alive

I think it went just about every way I thought the Huck traitor story would go as she was the meanest about Silas + 48 hour detour + filling Hope's head with crap advice about her Elton secret

Smart choice to double up the season finale to end within November, so many shoes dropped that it had to be the penultimate

Hope both are available to stream on Thanksgiving

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like there's a good show somewhere in this waiting to come out, but it's just held back by the writers. Everything is just too scripted and "on the nose" in its presentation.

That's because it's basically a YA show. I will give it another try now that the whole season is done, mainly for the lore. Stopped at Episode 3

Edit: Nevermind, I thought it was done but i ends in 10 days lol

Aug 7, 2019
Well as far as underwhelming finales go that might take the cake for 2020

Jennifer is a psycho that needed to wind up dead in a ditch, her psychological manipulation makes many TWD villains look of greater generosity, there is nothing nuanced here and she does not deserve a redemption arc (Percy by all means please be the monster and slap Silas silly after)

At least Felix had the right idea there before the plot armor kicked in

All this to get one girl alone to a helicopter they could've picked her up in back at the start, love how arbitrary the CRMorons are

I don't know, I'd be much less harsher on this if they had actually at least gotten to where the finale leaves off halfway through episode 10, Jennifer's betrayal deserved the fallout time but it was lazy to pin all two hours on that

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought these were two of the best episodes of the season, despite some sloppy writing. Interesting revelations, good fight scenes, and a promising set up for the second season!

Iris' sudden suspicion towards Huck..."I always suspected!" no you didn't lol Also, Hope and Iris being some kind of genius team was not telegraphed very well at all. They were shown to be resourceful, sure, but not like some kind of super geniuses that CRM would go out of their way to recruit.

Aug 7, 2019
I think it was pretty insulting to viewer intelligence that episode 9 was trying to make it seem like Iris was the asset now all along, especially since that was the first conversation Huck/Iris had shared all season

I'm happy for a two male budding romance but they have to avoid killing one next year

I don't especially care that there was no Rick tease here, but Silas' actor on Talking Dead apparently trolled one would happen, watch Silas be the only character on this series Rick ever meets before World Beyond ends

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Currently catching up. I think I'm on ep 8? They have Silas chained to a playground swing or something. Silas' character and this whole love triangle is annoying. Iris' naivete about Silas liking her and flirting with Percy is also annoying. They should've ditched Percy and his uncle from the jump. Out of the kids, I think I only like Hope and Gumball's actor.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Finished ep 10. Yeah, huck would've been dead on that staircase. There's no reason she's still alive. They really didn't care about Percy's uncle, huh? Huck murdered the fuck out of that man. It looked like dude took a shotgun to the face. Yet she gets to get off scott free? Nah. I wouldn't trust a single word she said. Plus, ep 10 telling us that the two of em were the asset all along makes no sense. Why isn't it just the adopted one (can't remember her name right now)? Because her sister high fived her before she plugged in the pc??

Also, I really need to know where the black dude came from. Wasn't he supposed to be with the dad this whole time? Was he a prisoner then?

Also also, is season 2 coming back next fall or earlier?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally getting caught up on this. I stopped watching after the first five episodes; I just wasn't really feeling it. But, I knew I'd get back to it once the season was over.

Anyway, just finished episode nine.

Holy shit at that ending. Didn't expect Hope to figure out that Huck was the CRM asset. I thought Huck was taking Hope away to ice her before going back for Iris, but it was the other way around. Literally made me verbally say "holy shit" once it became clear that Hope knew exactly who Huck was. Also glad that Elton learned the truth about Huck before he managed to tell her exactly where he is. I hope Percy survives.

This back half of the season has been much better than the first. Can't wait to watch the finale later. I've managed to stay spoiler-free on this show, so I hope it ends on a high note.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
So wait, the whole reason any of this season happened was because Huck and the CRM wanted to recruit Hope as a future scientist but instead of just asking her they have Huck send a fake message saying their dad is in trouble so she can experience the outside world to get a better appreciation for what the CRM is doing?

Granted, Hope would have just said "fuck you" if they asked her to join the CRM. That and destroying the university eventually which I am still confused about. They don't want loose ends, but I don't understand why they would go to that extreme?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So wait, the whole reason any of this season happened was because Huck and the CRM wanted to recruit Hope as a future scientist but instead of just asking her they have Huck send a fake message saying their dad is in trouble so she can experience the outside world to get a better appreciation for what the CRM is doing?

Granted, Hope would have just said "fuck you" if they asked her to join the CRM. That and destroying the university eventually which I am still confused about. They don't want loose ends, but I don't understand why they would go to that extreme?
I finally watched the back half of the season. My impression was that it's not just about tying up loose ends, but also stamping out any potential discord or opposition.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I finally watched the back half of the season. My impression was that it's not just about tying up loose ends, but also stamping out any potential discord or opposition.

True, which basically means Iris technically killed them with her speech that day saying she doesn't trust them which could potentially start growing those seeds of doubt.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
True, which basically means Iris technically killed them with her speech that day saying she doesn't trust them which could potentially start growing those seeds of doubt.
Fair lol I'm curious to see what this is building to since we know it's just a two season series. Like it's clearly not going to actually cause the downfall of the CRM. I also can't imagine them crossing too many of these characters over to the movies. That said, I liked this season more than I expected to. There were a few dud episodes in there, and I don't love all the acting/writing but it was enjoyable overall.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017