• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if they have Corey Hawkins signed on for one of the movies they're doing. I think the only actors confirmed publicly so far are Andrew Lincoln and Pollyanna McIntosh.
That would make sense. I still don't understand the point of these Rick movies. I'd assume, TWD will end with them finding Rick and Michonne. But, if they pull some "watch the movie" cliffhanger, I'd be shocked. Assuming Season 11 ends next year, that movie would have to come out by what? Spring/Summer 2022?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
That would make sense. I still don't understand the point of these Rick movies. I'd assume, TWD will end with them finding Rick and Michonne. But, if they pull some "watch the movie" cliffhanger, I'd be shocked. Assuming Season 11 ends next year, that movie would have to come out by what? Spring/Summer 2022?

S11 is being split across 2021/2022 with 12 episodes airing each year.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Didn't know this before today, but Nico Tortorella (Felix) is genderfluid and prefers they/them pronouns. I thought that was very cool to learn, and I'm glad to see AMC casting a queer person for a gay character.

abcnews.go.com

'Younger' star Nico Tortorella discusses nontraditional marriage, sobriety and advocacy for LGBTQ+ community

Actor Nico Tortorella’s marriage to fitness guru Bethany C. Meyers is far from your typical boy-meets-girl love story.

I have been a fan of theirs ever since I learned about the casting 😊

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
When do early access episodes usually come up? I think I read somewhere that episode 2 is entirely or mostly a flashback only episode.
Should be up sometime Friday night on AMC Premiere and AMC+. I've not used AMC+ for long, but on Premiere at least, Fear TWD and TWD have been exactly 48 hours early to the minute, so it might be the same for World Beyond (or they might just drop it and Fear at the same time, I'm not sure).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just watched the premiere, thought the intro was pretty weak but the episode got stronger as it progressed, diving into some character development. I had really really low expectations but I love a good adventure, and I'm glad they're not gunna be stuck in one place all the time which inevitably gets stale. Curious to see where they go from here and how hard the two main actors get pushed as the series continues.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Watched the first episode the other day. Didn't really like it and turned it off. I think I'm just really tired of anything Walking Dead.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I watched it last night and thought it was about as awful and cliché as I expected. I mean seriously, can AMC hire fucking good writers for this universe for once?

I know this show is only 2 seasons so stuff can't drag out for multiple years but the main girl goes from this seemingly mild mannered person not hating on the CR to "holy shit, my dad might be in trouble. Let's hike across the entire US in a zombie apocalypse to save my dad who's somewhere in the entire state of NY!" The CR baddie just happens to appear out of nowhere when they were talking about her and gives here a slip of paper with NY on it. Iris getting that fax from her dad as those two other kids come in as she tries to hide it like a cartoon character. The "I had a speech written down but ima wing it and badmouth the CR in front of the entire campus" was something I totally didn't expect. A young Hope killing Elton's pregnant mom sure is convenient since he's randomly in their group. I can't wait for the CW-tier drama that I'm sure will come with it.

I'm being overly harsh I guess but really hope the show gets way better as it goes on and surprises me.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My expectations are so low that if it's mildly entertaining I'm happy lol. I thought it was at least worth seeing how the adventure goes in the next episode. It wasn't complete YA tropes at least, not yet, just a standard show with a few of them thrown in.

That being said it still doesn't feel like they are doing anything really that different with the spinoffs

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel aggrieved that I might have to watch this to get background on the three rings.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I liked episode 2 a whole lot more than the first. Seemed like everything meshed better (not that things didn't mesh in the first episode, but the main cast wasn't really together yet and I actually think they work well as a group).

Felix's flashbacks hit a little too close to home for me. Looks like maybe we're going to get more flashbacks to the beginning of the apocalypse, which would be pretty cool. I don't expect them to go crazy with it for budgetary reasons, but it could still be a valuable tool when used sparingly to help flesh out some of the older characters.

TWD should have incorporated pre apocalypse flashbacks to help flesh out the characters better - it would have helped pad out the seasons a bit and also would have prevented the need for the stretching of certain storylines, but alas.

I still think a 'Lost' style structure (episodes that focus on/are from the POV of a single character with flashbacks to their life before the apocalypse) would be a good format for another show in the Walking Dead universe at some point.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to check this out, the first episode, and it's definitely covering that itch I have for something young adult (since my Vampire Diaries universe is on hiatus) and The Last of Us-like sith zombies roaming the land. I picked up on this being a decade after The Walking Dead? Has the main show ended? And this cast is a new generation featuring the kids of the other shows cast. I love stuff like that immensely, and they did that with Vampire Diaries/The Originals to Legacies too.

While I didn't think the plot or story was interesting or even intriguing I did like most of the characters, especially Hope and Elton. I've only ever checked out S1 and some of S2 of TWD so I'm not having fatigue but I'm also not as invested in this world as the rest of you. I do think I wanna go back and check out TWD no matter how bad the seasons becomes as long as they have cool characters and a few interesting scenarios.

Can you watch all of TWD without ever touching Fear? Or how are the two connected and related?

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Has the main show ended?

No. 1 more season left, spread across 2021 and 2022.

And this cast is a new generation featuring the kids of the other shows cast.

Everyone on this show is a completely new character, parents included.

I do think I wanna go back and check out TWD no matter how bad the seasons becomes as long as they have cool characters and a few interesting scenarios.

The quality of the show goes up and down over the seasons - it's not just a steady decline. Right now it's having a bit of a resurgence after a couple of weak/bad seasons (7, 8).

luca

Oct 25, 2017
No. 1 more season left, spread across 2021 and 2022.

Everyone on this show is a completely new character, parents included.

The quality of the show goes up and down over the seasons - it's not just a steady decline. Right now it's having a bit of a resurgence after a couple of weak/bad seasons (7, 8).
Oh great, maybe I can catch up for the final season if I ignore Fear.

Oh I see, though that it could have maybe been connected that way.
That apocalypse event it keeps flashing back to, is that not something that happened on TWD either?

Watching Episode 2 I can already tell Hope will be my favorite TWD character ever. I love how she's portrayed. She avenged her mother (although that was traumatic and shouldn't have done it). But she did apologize to the zombie Iris vomited on which I would have done as well, and she has a freaking bowling ball. Carrying around Big Mo is some serious dedication. I used to be a bowling player so this is just such a cool thing about Hope to me.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
They really did leave Big Mo behind huh. After promising to pick him back up. The dude jumped out a window to take out a zombie below, he did it for the group and they just up and left him.

I can't stand for this.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok now I watched it.

episode felt like it ended abruptly but I liked it

Seems like each episode will give us flashbacks for a character. Like Ratsky said the LOST format would be cool.

speaking of LOST the labeled CRM food remained me of Dharma

Getting past the BOG next week should be cool.

I'm liking the smaller scope of this story

Also did the treehouse remind anyone else of Telltales TWD with Clementine? Maybe a hint we may see her in live action? I can dream.

also -

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
likely but she was also drunk

She wasn't drunk enough and you don't get to the position she's at by being stupid. So hopefully that wasn't the reason and she knew what she was doing all along.

I watched it last night and thought it was about as awful and cliché as I expected. I mean seriously, can AMC hire fucking good writers for this universe for once?

I know this show is only 2 seasons so stuff can't drag out for multiple years but the main girl goes from this seemingly mild mannered person not hating on the CR to "holy shit, my dad might be in trouble. Let's hike across the entire US in a zombie apocalypse to save my dad who's somewhere in the entire state of NY!" The CR baddie just happens to appear out of nowhere when they were talking about her and gives here a slip of paper with NY on it. Iris getting that fax from her dad as those two other kids come in as she tries to hide it like a cartoon character. The "I had a speech written down but ima wing it and badmouth the CR in front of the entire campus" was something I totally didn't expect. A young Hope killing Elton's pregnant mom sure is convenient since he's randomly in their group. I can't wait for the CW-tier drama that I'm sure will come with it.

I'm being overly harsh I guess but really hope the show gets way better as it goes on and surprises me.

Yep, it definitely feels like a YA show. Besides what you said the group seems to be totally unprepared to survive a week in the wilderness in todays world, much less one with walkers (or empties).

The main show and this one seem to be in two different worlds in that aspect, I'm curious to see how they tied them together

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I found episode 2 a little better than the premier now that they are out and about. The way the kids handled their first two walkers (or empties as they say) definitely doesn't instill a sense of hope for them. But come on, are you really going to have them walk straight into a zero visibility smog filled with walkers like that? You can't tell me there wouldn't be some other way around even if it took a bit more time. I know the show said it would be something like a 60 mile diversion if they went around but that's some BS. lol

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
I found episode 2 a little better than the premier now that they are out and about. The way the kids handled their first two walkers (or empties as they say) definitely doesn't instill a sense of hope for them. But come on, are you really going to have them walk straight into a zero visibility smog filled with walkers like that? You can't tell me there wouldn't be some other way around even if it took a bit more time. I know the show said it would be something like a 60 mile diversion if they went around but that's some BS. lol

I mean they look that they can't walk 60 miles without getting blisters everywhere....and how much food and water can they carry? Not enough for sure and they don't seem to be searching for extra stuff.

In any case walkers are not their worst problem, as soon as they meet any other human they basically toast.

I don't understand how could they be raised to end up being so naive and sheltered... whole community seems totally out of touch tbh. Doesn't seem realistic to me.

Instead of being a TWD show with teenage characters it's really the YA version of TWD. Both shouldn't share the same universe feels like...

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This show is a chore to watch, I hope it gets better.

That whole thing with Felix and his father was just so terribly forced.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just watched the new episode

The design of the melted empties was really neat

I'm guessing next episode will be Elton flashbacks. I wish they would give us a little more with the flashbacks other than a few quick scenes.

so the crm is like if the commonwealth was more of a fascist cult

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I got halfway through the first episode and gave up, I will keep an eye on this thread to see if things get better, I found it awful, you have to go some to get me to turn off halfway through a episode

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not really a fan of zombie media but I'm curious to try and give TWD a shot. Is this a good entry point, or would you all recommend the original or other spinoff?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The Rick movie(s) is filming in England because Andrew Lincoln wanted to be close to his family there

Julia Ormond's character is British and has a Union Jack on her wall

#It'sAllConnected

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I feel like there's a good show somewhere in this waiting to come out, but it's just held back by the writers. Everything is just too scripted and "on the nose" in its presentation.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the two most recent episodes back-to-back today. Episode three was okay, but I really liked four.

Loved the setup, with them spending the episode in an abandoned high school. I wish they'd done more with the wolves though— would've been a neat change of pace if the threat had been a pack of them or something. We don't really see stuff like that in TWD.

Also, the after-credits scenes were really interesting. Seems like Elizabeth is trying (and failing) really hard to convince herself that what they did at the campus colony was the right thing. And then there was the scene at the end of episode four, which I guess ties back into the "A" and "B" concept from the original show. Hopefully the girls' dad is okay.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the end scene from episode 4 was pretty great. I enjoyed the episode overall quite a bit as well.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Did this dude just jump on a zombie and wail on it for 5 minutes punching it in the face with his bare hands and somehow not cut himself or get exposed?

Yeah, ok.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I finally caught the last episode earlier today and thought it was an absolute snoozefest. It was a cool premise but completely wasted on doing absolutely nothing with it. It started something interesting with the wolf pack and then did jack shit with it besides having one guard a door while they walked by. Zero sense of fear or tension was present during the entire thing. Very disappointed with this so far.

kidtamagotchi

Oct 27, 2017
I quite like this show, for some reason. Only thing I kind of don't like is how 'pretty' the main characters are. Seems unrealistic to me (I know it's a zombie show). I don't know, I think this show has potential.

(Maybe it helps that I lost access to cable for two years, so I wasn't able to watch TWD or FTWD. I don't care about TWD anymore since the main character isn't even on it anymore, and FTWD has changed A LOT since I last watched it. Still looks interesting, at least!)

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
That was maybe the weakest episode so far, though I did enjoy the segments in the past I guess.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just dropping in to say that Clementine showing up in live action would be insane and awesome and I want it to happen

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
That scene at the end of episode 6 with the cutouts was strangely affecting.