• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Currently watching ep 1.
Main chick is having tea time.
I look forward to when shit goes sideways. How's Fear? Stopped a few eps after Morgan joined.
Fear is pretty much an inferior clone of TWD nowadays. I don't really recommend it.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how many eps Season 1 is going to be? I can't see this working for 20+ eps.

wow did not expect the crm to just slaughter the campus.

kinda weird that the general just gave the girls the map to New York or whatever

So the lead murdered a pregnant woman who is, surprise, the mother of another character
I'm assuming the general gave them a false location. Now she knows where they're going and can a) capture them to use them as leverage so the dad will do whatever they want or b) kill them for ??? reasons.

I actually called the twist with Eltons mom in my head before they revealed the picture haha

I must be trained by The CW level drama

teach us your ways master
I look forward to the hallway talks lol.

Fear is pretty much an inferior clone of TWD nowadays. I don't really recommend it.
That's pretty disappointing. I think I'll give it a go though. Eventually, all these show have to merge, so the journey should be worth it.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
likely but she was also drunk
I forgot about that. You're probably right. Also, I get why they drink, but drinking in a post-apocalyptic ZOMBIE setting seems so stupid.

I think both seasons are ten episodes each.
Oh? Well then, guess I'm keeping AMC+ for a while. $8.99/month isn't bad for all the services it bundles. Does AMC+ usually get eps early? I see they also have a "live" option. Does that mean if you tune in to watch TWD, for example, on AMC+, you'll finish the ep before someone watching it with Cable?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Don't they also own Acorn? That's not included? I might actually consider subscribing if it was since AMC only aired the first three seasons of the incredible (and completely slept on here) Line of Duty on their linear channel. Still need to watch series 4 and 5...

Yeah, AMC Networks owns 2 other SVODs that aren't included on AMC+ - Acorn TV and Urban Movie Channel. Their exclusion is strange, but it's possible that the rights deals for the content on those services prevents them from being bundled or something.

Do we know how many eps Season 1 is going to be?

It's in the OP -__-

Oh? Well then, guess I'm keeping AMC+ for a while. $8.99/month isn't bad for all the services it bundles. Does AMC+ usually get eps early? I see they also have a "live" option. Does that mean if you tune in to watch TWD, for example, on AMC+, you'll finish the ep before someone watching it with Cable?

The live feed has ads, I believe, because it's just a feed of the live channel. New episodes for most (all?) of their shows go up Thursdays/Fridays though, so there's no real reason to tune into the live feed on Sunday if you're just looking to watch the newest episode of __.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, AMC Networks owns 2 other SVODs that aren't included on AMC+ - Acorn TV and Urban Movie Channel. Their exclusion is strange, but it's possible that the rights deals for the content on those services prevents them from being bundled or something.

It's in the OP -__-

The live feed has ads, I believe, because it's just a feed of the live channel. New episodes for most (all?) of their shows go up Thursdays/Fridays though, so there's no real reason to tune into the live feed on Sunday if you're just looking to watch the newest episode of __.
Had to make sure yall were paying attention. You passed! Lol but thank you. I appreciate it.

And thanks for the info on amc+! That sounds amazing.

So looking through amc+, they don't have fear. I assume that has something to do with Hulu.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The series premiere is tonight!

Brave

Iris welcomes an enigmatic ally to their community, while Hope questions the visitor's motives; a message upends the sisters' world view, forcing them to decide between the safety of their home and the uncertainty of the world beyond.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Guh, that's disappointing. I just finished ep 12.
Well... On the bright side, that means you only have four episodes left for the season. On the downside though, that means you only have four episodes until you hit season five.

I hate to be such a downer on the show, but I really do think seasons four and five of Fear are the worst of any TWD content. Especially season five, which I can barely think of any positives for. There are only a few episodes in 5 that I would consider decent. Season 4A was already mediocre compared to what came before, but 4B just gets stupid, and 5 gets even worse.

I only watch the show nowadays to stay up-to-date on what's happening in that corner of the universe, and out of a tiny ounce of hope that it eventually becomes good again.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I don't have a problem with any of the Fear characters (except many Luciana?). It's just that the story sucks.

Well... On the bright side, that means you only have four episodes left for the season. On the downside though, that means you only have four episodes until you hit season five.

I hate to be such a downer on the show, but I really do think seasons four and five of Fear are the worst of any TWD content. Especially season five, which I can barely think of any positives for. There are only a few episodes in 5 that I would consider decent. Season 4A was already mediocre compared to what came before, but 4B just gets stupid, and 5 gets even worse.

I only watch the show nowadays to stay up-to-date on what's happening in that corner of the universe, and out of a tiny ounce of hope that it eventually becomes good again.
That's really, really disappointing. I remember when Fear was the best of the TWD.

OMG, the trucker sister got out her knife and started saying "if you think we're just gonna go with you" and before she coudl finish her sentence, Morgan used his shovel to knock the knife out of her hand. Probably the funniest moment I've seen on any of these shows.

Last edited:

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I've said it before and I'll say it again, season 5 of FTWD is legitimately one of the worst seasons of a tv show I've ever seen. It's atrocious.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That's really, really disappointing. I remember when Fear was the best of the TWD.
Yeah. Season three of Fear is tied with season nine of TWD as my favorite season of either show, but I think it still comes out ahead for me. It just felt so unique compared to anything else from the two shows. I loved what they did with Madison, Nick, Alicia, Daniel, Strand, Troy... Pretty much all the characters. It's a shame that Dave Erickson exited the show after that season. :(

I've said it before and I'll say it again, season 5 of FTWD is legitimately one of the worst seasons of a tv show I've ever seen. It's atrocious.
I'll second this. It's fucking bad. I think it's worse than the final season of Game of Thrones in terms of how it butchers the narrative and characters.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, thanks to posters in a random twd or ftwd thread, I asked if the previous season was worth watching, because I liked some of the chars.

Big no lol, so I'm done with both shows, and will continue to watch a few eps of this and see how it turns out. Don't really have high expectations.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, Martha's story is trash. People didn't stop to help your already dying husband so you want to kill all the semi people? They didn't even come near you.

Yeah. Season three of Fear is tied with season nine of TWD as my favorite season of either show, but I think it still comes out ahead for me. It just felt so unique compared to anything else from the two shows. I loved what they did with Madison, Nick, Alicia, Daniel, Strand, Troy... Pretty much all the characters. It's a shame that Dave Erickson exited the show after that season. :(
Agreed, all the drama and whatnot in that season was soooo good. It's crazy. I wanted Fear to be a mid-apocalyptic show where we got to see everything as it was going to shit. I was disappointed when we had a small time jump going from s1 to s2, but they pulled it off well.

Now with Beyond, I kinda wanted a drama set in a town, but we'll see how things turn out.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
It's mehh, so far. Hoping it gets better once they leave the campus.

That secret map thing is hilarious though. "The site's in NY, but I won't tell you where and it doesn't tell you where, but if you show someone, you don't know who, they'll know I gave it to you, even though I'm not supposed to and will get imprisoned for it"

The fuck?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Hyundai sponsoring the show weirdly brings me back to the earlier seasons of the main show lmfao.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but reading through the thread - What the hell happened with FTWD? lol

The original showrunner left and was replaced by two writers from ABC's Once Upon a Time - they killed off/sidelined most of the main cast and re-centered the show around Morgan from The Walking Dead (who sucks even worse on Fear than he did on TWD). Their vision for the show was very different from the original in terms of theme and tone and over the course of their two seasons, have proven to be poor showrunners (they have written some of the best stand alone episodes of either series though and some of their original characters are great - they just suck at, well, everything else).

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The original showrunner left and was replaced by two writers from ABC's Once Upon a Time - they killed off/sidelined most of the main cast and re-centered the show around Morgan from The Walking Dead (who sucks even worse on Fear than he did on TWD). Their vision for the show was very different from the original in terms of theme and tone and over the course of their two seasons, have proven to be poor showrunners (they have written some of the best stand alone episodes of either series though and some of their original characters are great - they just suck at, well, everything else).
I gave up after season 4, but did something egregious happen in S5?

Someone said it was worse than GoT S8. lol

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I gave up after season 4, but did something egregious happen in S5?

Someone said it was worse than GoT S8. lol

The show became like a worse, slower, more dull version of S4.B. Almost every character in the sprawling cast had their personality erased and were given slight variations of Morgan's personality - literally everyone was preaching his loser "the power of friendship will save us all!" shit all season long. The setup for the first half of the season was incomprehensible and there were no consequences to anything that happened. The second half of the season had the gang spend each episode doing extremely stupid things, risking their lives to save the new rando of the week. They teased an ominous new villain all season long but all he did was threaten the good guys and we never even learned what his goals were until after he was killed. You haven't known 'meandering' until you've seen FtWD S5.

I think it and GoT are apples and oranges, but at least GoT had spectacle going for it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The show became like a worse, slower, more dull version of S4.B. Almost every character in the sprawling cast had their personality erased and were given slight variations of Morgan's personality - literally everyone was preaching his loser "the power of friendship will save us all!" shit all season long. The setup for the first half of the season was incomprehensible and there were no consequences to anything that happened. The second half of the season had the gang spend each episode doing extremely stupid things, risking their lives to save the new rando of the week. They teased an ominous new villain all season long but all he did was threaten the good guys and we never even learned what his goals were until after he was killed. You haven't seen 'meandering' until you've seen FtWD S5.

I think it and GoT are apples and oranges, but at least GoT had spectacle going for it.
That sounds like the worst aspects of serialized storytelling all wrapped up into a compact season of television. lol

Jun 6, 2018
'Fear' baited me with the proposed idea that you'd be seeing a zombie apocalypses early stages and watch it progress to the point where Rick wakes up and beyond that. This show might pull a similar trick so I'm going to wait until it's over and see what people say about it first

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I hate not having AMC anymore to catch up on WD and now this show. I can watch FTWD on Hulu at least.

I've even tried using my VPN to see if it's one of those shows that pops up on different Netflix Regions, but none of them have the new eps.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
this is completely standalone right? i stopped watching TWD after like season 3, so if you have to watch season 6 to best watch this spinoff show, i'll pass..

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
this is completely standalone right? i stopped watching TWD after like season 3, so if you have to watch season 6 to best watch this spinoff show, i'll pass..
It seems like it'll mostly be self-contained, but there will probably be references to TWD and possibly Fear TWD later on. The main antagonistic group in this show has appeared in both of the other shows in the past, to varying degrees. But again, I think it'll be fine as its own thing for the most part. (Even though we've seen that group before, we know virtually nothing about them, so they may as well be new to anyone watching, in a sense)

It takes place in Nebraska 10 years after the start of the apocalypse and doesn't have any connection (yet?) to the main series.
The Civic Republic is the group that took Rick, Anne / Jadis, and Heath in The Walking Dead. One of the CR Military's soldiers also made an appearance in Fear the Walking Dead last season. There aren't many direct ties yet, but I don't think it'll stay that way.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
That's crazy. Dude's been gone for years. Tara's not even here to care about him smh.
I do wonder if they have Corey Hawkins signed on for one of the movies they're doing. I think the only actors confirmed publicly so far are Andrew Lincoln and Pollyanna McIntosh.

What if Virgil actually took Heath?
Doesn't he not have any involvement with the CRM though? That's how I remember the episode with him and Michonne turning out, at least.