• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The second 'Walking Dead' spinoff, 'World Beyond', was initially conceived of as a two season limited series - and now that second/final season is upon us! It will premiere 1 week early on AMC+, on Sunday, September 26 and Sunday, October 3 on AMC's linear channel. The season will consist of 10 episodes.

AMC said:
'The Walking Dead: World Beyond' expands the universe of 'The Walking Dead,' delving into a new mythology and story that follows the first generation raised in a surviving civilization of the post-apocalyptic world. Two sisters along with two friends leave a place of safety and comfort to brave dangers, known and unknown, living and undead on an important quest.

Season 2 concludes the epic story of Iris , Hope, Elton, and Silas -- four friends who journeyed across the country on a mission that transformed everything they knew about themselves and the world. As they face off against the mysterious Civic Republic Military and fight for control of their own destiny, goals will shift, bonds will form and crumble, and innocence will be both lost and found.

Cast

Aliyah Royale as Iris Bennett
Alexa Mansour as Hope Bennett
Nicolas Cantu as Elton Ortiz
Hal Cumpston as Silas Plaskett
Nico Tortorella as Felix Carlucci
Annet Mahendru as Huck Kublek
Julia Ormond as Elizabeth Kublek
Joe Holt as Leopold Bennett
Jelani Alladin as Will Campbell
Natalie Gold as Dr. Lyla Bellshaw
Ted Sutherland as Percy
Pollyanna McIntosh as Jadis/Anne

Videos

Season Two First Look
Season Two Trailer

Links

The Walking Dead |OT| Zombies, Clementines, and helicopters. Oh my!
The Walking Dead Season 11 Thread
SPOILERS The Walking Dead TV show leak and comic book thread SPOILERS

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 1.6 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 2: 1.0 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 3: 1.0 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 4: 1.0 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 5: 742K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 6: 726K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 7: 783K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 8: 627K 0.2 A18-49
Episodes 9 & 10: 618K 0.2 A18-49

Season Two:

Episode 1: 753K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 2: 807K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 3: 669K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 4: 688K 0.1 A18-49
Episode 5: 510K 0.1 A18-49
Episode 6: 431K 0.1 A18-49
Episode 7:
Episode 8:
Episode 9:
Episode 10:

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I was just wondering when this was coming back. Thank you for the informative threads as always!

CJohn

Oct 30, 2017
I watched 6 episodes of the first season and I didn't had it in me to continue. It was truly dreadful.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I didnt even know this existed. I bailed on the first season of Fear and stopped watching after RIck died. Amazing this IP is still going on, let alone spinoffs.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
It had its moments but the first season was largely unimpressive.

Still, since I knew it was only going to be 2 seasons long and not drag on for years and years like Fear I just stuck with it. Might as well see how it ends and ties in with the rest of TWD.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, didn't realize it was starting this Sunday. Very excited; season one picked up a lot in the second half, and with this being planned as a two-season series from the start, I'm hoping this season will stay just as tight as that second half. Looking forward to watching it!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, didn't realize it was starting this Sunday. Very excited; season one picked up a lot in the second half, and with this being planned as a two-season series from the start, I'm hoping this season will stay just as tight as that second half. Looking forward to watching it!
I think op meant it airs Oct 26th for amc+ and Oct 31st on regular amc. This first part of The Walking Dead isn't done yet.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I think op meant it airs Oct 26th for amc+ and Oct 31st on regular amc. This first part of The Walking Dead isn't done yet.
No, it's September 26th for AMC+. The first episode of World Beyond airs alongside the penultimate episode of part one of TWD. The week after that, it's the finale of TWD part one, the second episode of WB, and the first episode of Fear on the same day.

That said, there is a typo in the OP RatskyWatsky. It says October for both dates instead of September for the first one:
on Sunday, October 26 and Sunday, October 3 on AMC's linear channel

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's September 26th for AMC+. The first episode of World Beyond airs alongside the penultimate episode of part one of TWD. The week after that, it's the finale of TWD part one, the second episode of WB, and the first episode of Fear on the same day.

That said, there is a typo in the OP RatskyWatsky. It says October for both dates instead of September for the first one:

u__u

fixed!

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

Oh shit I didn't realize it was that soon! Thanks for the clarification!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I messed up on my post last night, had the dates wrong. This sucks to keep up with sometimes. Thanks, AMC x_x

This is what the next few weeks look like on AMC+:

September 26: TWD S11E07, WB S02E01
October 3: TWD S11E08, WB S02E02
October 10: WB S02E03, FtWD S07E01

(Just delay the dates by a week if you only watch on AMC's TV channel)

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I messed up on my post last night, had the dates wrong. This sucks to keep up with sometimes. Thanks, AMC x_x

This is what the next few weeks look like on AMC+:

September 26: TWD S11E07, WB S02E01
October 3: TWD S11E08, WB S02E02
October 10: WB S02E03, FtWD S07E01

(Just delay the dates by a week if you only watch on AMC's TV channel)
Thanks for this! I'll use Fear to wash out the bad taste from World Beyond lol.

Aug 7, 2019
1. Konsekans
2. Foothold
3. Exit Wounds
4. Family Is a Four Letter Word
5. Quatervois
6. Who Are You?
7. Blood and Lies
8. Returning Point
9. Death and the Dead
10. The Last Light

No double episode finale like November 2020, TV won't get the series finale until December 5th

At least no one is safe with this final season

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Just started. $5 says the non-foundation people die before they can get any info to Eugene and them.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The premiere was decent I guess. I think they should have opened the final season with a bigger bang (pun not intended) - as is, I felt like it was pretty rote. Next week should be more interesting though.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The premiere was decent I guess. I think they should have opened the final season with a bigger bang (pun not intended) - as is, I felt like it was pretty rote. Next week should be more interesting though.
Pretty much my thoughts. Last season is a blur though. What happened to Gumball and the rage kid? And didn't head lady order her troops to kill that town? I don't recall a walker empties attack. I'm questioning that though since we saw them getting approached by that giant horde.

Also, I'm going to inevitably be disappointed when this and twd end without a giant three-show crossover.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Gumball and the rage kid?

And didn't head lady order her troops to kill that town? I don't recall a walker empties attack. I'm questioning that though since we saw them getting approached by that giant horde.

No idea what happened to Silas and Elton.

I think? Maybe they saw the herd coming towards the town so they killed everyone there to spare them from being zombie dinner?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this and thought it was cool. This season is directed entirely by women:

ew.com

'The Walking Dead: World Beyond' season 2 is directed entirely by women

'Equity was a big part of the decision-making,' says showrunner Matt Negrete of hiring women to direct all 10 episodes of 'The Walking Dead: World Beyond' season 2.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: When you set out to film season 2, did you make a conscious decision to hire only women directors, and if so, why?

MATT NEGRETE:
While my overall goal was to bring in a slate of talented directors with differing voices and backgrounds that reflected the diversity of the cast, I'll say that equity was a big part of the decision-making. For season 1, I'd wanted to fill half of the directing slots with women, but unfortunately, due to some shifting production dates, we ended up coming up just short of that. So for season 2, I met with a lot of directors — men and women, from differing backgrounds and with varying levels of experience — with the goal of doing better. And when all was said and done, the directors I clicked best with were women.

Loren Yaconelli had directed the eighth episode of season 1 and really knocked it out of the park, so I jumped at the chance to bring her on as our season 2 producing director. Aisha Tyler had just finished directing a Fear the Walking Dead episode, and had this intense appreciation and respect for The Walking Dead universe. Heather Cappiello had also just shot an episode of Fear and brought an incredible passion to our meeting. And Lily Mariye had directed plenty of drama, action, and horror, and — like Aisha — had an acting background, which I always consider a plus.

Over the years, I've been in so many departmental and prep meetings that were either comprised of all men, or where the men greatly outnumbered the women, so ultimately, my decision just felt right on a number of levels. And, in the end, I think all of these talented directors brought a unique part of themselves to their episodes to great success.

EDIT: My thoughts on episode two:

Much better than the season premiere. I liked that it focused a lot on how the CRM works internally, letting us see it from the inside with Hope's point of view. And the scene where Kublek went to the settlement was really tense. I expect that place to go out in a blaze of glory within three episodes.

I wonder when Anne / Jadis will show up this season. Hopefully sooner than later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I wish that the CRM was presented to us sans the super nefarious trappings. Like, maybe they do experiments on living people and are shady in general, "for the greater good", but the whole "we killed a city of 100,000 people because of reasons" feels too cartoonish. I'm sure their explanation will be somewhat more nuanced than "we want total world domination" but at the moment it just feels too over the top.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I wish that the CRM was presented to us sans the super nefarious trappings. Like, maybe they do experiments on living people and are shady in general, "for the greater good", but the whole "we killed a city of 100,000 people because of reasons" feels too cartoonish. I'm sure their explanation will be somewhat more nuanced than "we want total world domination" but at the moment it just feels too over the top.
Yeah I'm not really able to place what they're trying to do here. If there were other, larger societies, I'd assume they're tryna weaponize the zombies and virus, but there's really no point in doing that.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched episode three. Really liked it overall; I've come to really like this series. Can't wait for the rest.

Also, something I noticed during the post-episode insider commentary thing: (using spoiler tags, but it doesn't spoil anything from the episode; it's more of a general thing)

Matt Negrete has two posters on his wall. One is the season one poster for World Beyond… while the other is the season five poster for TWD that had Abraham's note saying "The new world's gonna need Rick Grimes." 🤔 Granted, it may've been there during previous ones too. This is the first one I watched for this season.

This poster:

latest

I reeeaaally think we're about to get some news about the movies. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just watched episode three. Really liked it overall; I've come to really like this series. Can't wait for the rest.

Also, something I noticed during the post-episode insider commentary thing: (using spoiler tags, but it doesn't spoil anything from the episode; it's more of a general thing)

Matt Negrete has two posters on his wall. One is the season one poster for World Beyond… while the other is the season five poster for TWD that had Abraham's note saying "The new world's gonna need Rick Grimes." 🤔

This one:

latest

I'm glad that the group will be together in ep4 and we didn't waste too much time with them apart[/cross]

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad that the group will be together in ep4 and we didn't waste too much time with them apart[/cross]
Same here. I think that they spent the right amount of time having everyone split up, and I'm glad they aren't making that drag on more than it needs to. Now that everyone's together again - including Huck, which makes things spicy - I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens next. (Well, *almost* everyone is back together. Poor Silas)

Given that Huck is almost assuredly going to be hunted by the CRM now, I wonder if her mom is forced to send someone after her, and that someone ends up being Jadis. I don't know how Jadis is going to come into play here, but I'm looking forward to it regardless.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic episode that really felt like it got things moving forward at a decent clip. Glad that Iris, Hope, Felix, Leo, and "Elton" (lol) are all together. Also excited to finally see Jadis / Anne show up in (what I assume was meant to be) the post-credits scene (it played after the preview for episode six). Seems like some big stuff is about to happen in the Civic Republic— it seems pretty clear (I think?) at this point that something resembling a coup is happening. Also, I hope Silas is okay.

Also: anyone else catch what Huck called Anne / Jadis in the preview for episode six? She called her Stokes. I guess the romance between her and Gabriel on TWD was genuine after all.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's an important post credits scene in episode 5 but it awkwardly plays after the episode 6 preview so everyone needs to watch out for that next week.

Also: anyone else catch what Huck called Anne / Jadis in the preview for episode six? She called her Stokes. I guess the romance between her and Gabriel on TWD was genuine after all.

Nice catch!

Last edited:

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Good to see the pace picking up. Still haven't seen Major General Beale so I guess he'll be an important character in the movies.

Looks like I was right in assuming the CRM was behind the Omaha genocide... probably extreme downsizing to save resources.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The end of this episode was so weird. Why have the preview before the scene showing trash lady? It completely ruins the surprise. Also, I guess this means Hucks mom is going to the waking dead?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Is episode 6 supposed to out? The Apple TV channel doesn't have it.
I think it's out now (I just got a notification on my iPhone saying it is), but yeah, it didn't go up at the usual time for some reason. Fear's new episode was late too.

I just watched this episode though, so here are my thoughts:

Really, REALLY good episode in my opinion. I think I might agree with the folks I'm seeing elsewhere who're saying it's the best of the series so far. A lot of tension, character development, and revealed information. Spoilers below:

• I figured Dev was going to die, but I wasn't expecting it to happen when it did. It actually made me jump a bit when it happened.
  • Glad to see them fleshing out Lyla even more.
  • Felix and Huck's uneasy alliance is interesting. They don't trust each other after everything they've been through, but at the end of the day, they still have a connection with one another, and I think it shows in their last scene together where Huck says she is with him. Even after everything, she still wants to be friends with him, if she can be.
  • Jadis is a great addition to the cast. She's got a really commanding presence, and the mood gets tense every time she shows up. I really wonder what she ends up doing. I get the feeling she's going to take out at least a few characters. Maybe Huck.
The show is really gaining steam, and the preview of the next episode makes it look like it isn't slowing down. I'm really loving this series, and can't wait to see how it ends.

My guess as to how the series will end:

I'm really getting the feeling that this show is going to end with almost everyone dying in an attempt to spread the word about the CRM-- having the cast become child martyrs would be a believable way to get Portland (and the Civic Republic?) into a war with the CRM, which I'm guessing will be the story of the films. The CRM will use their chemical weaponry to kill most of the characters on this show, but it won't be in time to stop Iris and Hope from getting the truth out. And I know they've said Rick won't be in this show at all, but I won't be the least bit surprised if there's a short post-credits scene after the series finale that shows Rick hearing the message or something. Not saying I'm expecting it, but I don't think it's impossible. As for survivors, I can see Jadis, Elizabeth, and maybe Elton and/or Felix surviving, with them appearing in the upcoming films later on. (I think Jadis is a guarantee for the films regardless of if she lives or dies, though.)

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think it's out now (I just got a notification on my iPhone saying it is), but yeah, it didn't go up at the usual time for some reason. Fear's new episode was late too.

I just watched this episode though, so here are my thoughts:

Really, REALLY good episode in my opinion. I think I might agree with the folks I'm seeing elsewhere who're saying it's the best of the series so far. A lot of tension, character development, and revealed information.
  • I figured Dev was going to die, but I wasn't expecting it to happen when it did. It actually made me jump a bit when it happened.
  • Glad to see them fleshing out Lyla even more.
  • Felix and Huck's uneasy alliance is interesting. They don't trust each other after everything they've been through, but at the end of the day, they still have a connection with one another, and I think it shows in their last scene together where Huck says she is with him. Even after everything, she still wants to be friends with him, if she can be.
  • Jadis is a great addition to the cast. She's got a really commanding presence, and the mood gets tense every time she shows up. I really wonder what she ends up doing. I get the feeling she's going to take out at least a few characters. Maybe Huck.
The show is really gaining steam, and the preview of the next episode makes it look like it isn't slowing down. I'm really loving this series, and can't wait to see how it ends.

My guess as to how the series will end:

I'm really getting the feeling that this show is going to end with almost everyone dying in an attempt to spread the word about the CRM. The CRM will use their chemical weaponry to kill everyone, but it won't be in time to stop Iris and Hope from getting the truth out. And I know they've said Rick won't be in this show at all, but I won't be the least bit surprised if there's a short post-credits scene after the series finale that shows Rick hearing the message or something. Not saying I'm expecting it, but I don't think it's impossible. As for survivors, I can see Jadis, Elizabeth, and maybe Elton and/or Felix surviving, with them appearing in the upcoming films later on. (I think Jadis is a guarantee for the films regardless of if she lives or dies, though.)

thanks starting now!

Aug 7, 2019
Well I mean Percy dies for sure, I just kind of facepalmed when Huck said nothing back to him about killing the uncle, because this show has absolutely no answer as to why Huck did that whatsoever, anyways Huck's mother probably kills her in the series finale

I am glad that Elton and Silas are in relatively safe zones, I'd say Silas' new mentor and Lyla have death flags

We haven't seen the people Hope apparently loves more than her sister now in a few episodes

I don't know why I'm supposed to think Jadis cares about Gabriel, probably should've left that out, as right now it's a sign Jadis won't survive

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6

Liked all the scenes featuring Huck, Felix, and Jadis. Did not like the scenes with Iris. She really wants to destroy a secure, well equipped and stocked science compound in the zombie apocalypse??? A compound filled with the most brilliant minds alive who're making inroads towards a possible bio weapon that will kill all the zombies? I get that she wants revenge for what CRM did to Omaha, but this is not it lol Like, go after the individuals responsible for giving the order or bide your time until the weapon is complete but I just can't get behind her mission right now. It's way too dumb. (It doesn't help that it's still not clear just what exactly the CRM did and why.)

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 7

I really hope there's a twist coming because the reveal that the Civic Republic wiped out Omaha because they were competition and are planning to do the same to Portland is ridiculously stupid. Just cartoonishly evil. And if that really is the case, then I don't see why they kept the audience in the dark this whole time when it easily could have been revealed last season and not negatively impacted this season at all - in fact it would have made it better.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Episode 7:

The Civic Republic are thinking way too long term, wiping out so many people in the process. In the short term it would have made more sense to leverage the bigger population. Conscript and train more soliders to kill as many walkers as they can anywhere near all the colonies to keep everyone safe.

Iris is too extreme. The Civic Republic is a good place with important facilities and security. It just needs new management.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 7:

The Civic Republic are thinking way too long term, wiping out so many people in the process. In the short term it would have made more sense to leverage the bigger population. Conscript and train more soliders to kill as many walkers as they can anywhere near all the colonies to keep everyone safe.

Iris is too extreme. The Civic Republic is a good place with important facilities and security. It just needs new management.

Yep

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
It's been broken to varying degrees for like a week now. I wonder what the issue is. :/

Also, just realized I didn't post my thoughts on the latest episode (7). I think it's my favorite episode of the series so far, and one of my favorites of any TWD series, if I'm being honest.

Extremely good performances from everyone this episode, and the story is still hitting some great points like last week. Percy finally confronting Huck, Huck and Jadis teaming up, Lyla "betraying" Leo… and of course, Lyla's death. Her actress sold the fear very well— that entire scene was tense as hell, and really unsettling, especially with her hand sliding down the glass door. And Jadis turning her words against her… damn. (And that means Jadis knows that Iris and Hope are working agains the CRM, which is not good for them)

Excited to see the last three episodes. I'm loving this series.