• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you be watching World Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 63 63.6%

• Total voters

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
They haven't technically delayed the season premiere of Fear yet, have they? I was surprised when they said it's still coming this summer after the last episode of TWD. There's no way it isn't getting delayed, they haven't been able to film for weeks.

New anthology show Soul Mates will be airing in the second half as well, Carroll said, along with some episodes of the sixth season of Fear the Walking Dead.

I don't know if that means the show will start in the summer and air into the fall, or start in the fall and take a break until the spring like TWD usually does.

Episode one airs October 4th at 10PM Eastern / 9PM Central
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Episode one airs October 4th at 10PM Eastern / 9PM Central (immediately after the season ten finale(?) of TWD), btw. Was mentioned in other threads for the show but not this one.

EDIT: Shit, meant to edit my last post, not make another one. Sorry.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I know the show's gotten mixed opinions so far based on the trailers, but I'm still all-in on it. I like what I've seen, and the new trailer looked really good, imo.

It won't be everyone's cup of tea, but that goes without saying.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact regarding this show's use of the term "empties" to refer to zombies:

@TheWalkingDead said:
#TWDWorldBeyond Showrunner Matt Negrete reveals he calls the walkers "empties" in his show because that's how Jesus referred to them in #TWD comics. #ComicConAtHome

EDIT: Matt Negrete says the first season is all wrapped-up and ready to be aired. They finished post-production right around the time that everything had to be halted for the pandemic. So it sounds like the October 4th air date is pretty set in stone at least.

EDIT 2: Weird, they didn't say how the season is going to air exactly. We know when episode one airs, but it's a week before Fear's sixth season starts.

EDIT 3:
Fear TWD and World Beyond will air back-to-back beginning October 11th:

Walking Dead fans aren't going be starved for content this fall. AMC announced during their Comic Con At Home Panels that the new seasons of Fear the Walking Dead AND The Walking Dead: World Beyond will both air back-to-back on Sundays starting October 11th. The first episode of World Beyond, however, will premiere the week before at 10PM, immediately following The Walking Dead Season 10 Finale.

Last edited:

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like reviews of the first two episodes are starting to roll out. Positive from Variety, negative from TVLine.