• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
All future episodes of "Telltale's The Walking Dead" on PC will be published on the Epic Games Store, Skybound Games announced Thursday. People who already bought the season on a different PC platform will still receive the final two episodes through their previous point of purchase.

The third episode of "Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season," entitled Broken Toys, is set for a Jan. 15 release on Epic's new online game store. Epic Games Store will also be host to the previous episodes of the season for those who want to buy it as well. The game will hit consoles on Jan. 15 as well.

Mod edit:
"We're excited to work together on their latest transformative event with the launch of the Epic Games Store. Epic stepped up to the plate immediately to work with us in order to bring the original team back together and ensure fans will receive the completed season of 'Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season.'"

https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/telltales-the-walking-dead-epic-games-store-1203093523/

Last edited by a moderator:

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I get that the only place where to buy it "New" is from their store, but, wait, Epic is paying for the development of the rest of the season?

EDIT:

"We're excited to work together on their latest transformative event with the launch of the Epic Games Store. Epic stepped up to the plate immediately to work with us in order to bring the original team back together and ensure fans will receive the completed season of 'Telltale's The Walking Dead: The Final Season.'"

I guess that answers my question.

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, did they say people that already purchased on Steam get the final episodes there?

Woo-Hoo! Wait, then how are the future episodes locked off of it at the same time?

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
That's it guys. That'll convince people to move over to the Epic Store.

(But at least it's getting released at all. Are Epic finding it or something?)

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
You can still get a Steam key for the complete season from one of those dubious key sites.

Kinda expected that move when they were a bit elusive about the PC release in a tweet earlier this month. Now I don't feel bad that they won't get any of my money.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Wait.. episodes are spread between different storefronts for PC players? Wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Welp guess I won't see this final season concluded. Must have gotten big sacks of money to come up with this boneheaded decision.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, did they say people that already purchased on Steam get the final episodes there?

Woo-Hoo! Wait, then how are the future episodes locked off of it at the same time?

If you already bought the whole Season 4 on other platforms, you will get the episodes regardless of where you are playing.

If you haven't bought it, the only way to get Season 4 now is exclusively tru the Epic Games Store.

Honestly I'm ok with this. If this were any other title and under any other circumstance, I'd get the whole exclusivity frustration. But we are talking about a company already dead, from a game that was beyond saving. If this is what it takes to save this franchise and give it a closure for the fans and paying customers, I'm up for it.

Last edited:

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wait.. episodes are spread between different storefronts for PC players? Wahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...

If you bought the Season from Steam before the TT collapse, you'll still get the full season through Steam.

The Season will now only be available on Epic Game Store for new purchases.

Edit: lol beaten

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
Is this the way it is going to be now?

Consoles/platforms getting exclusives are understandable but this?

Hope this shit trend fails and everything returns to the way it was.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
So by removing consumer choice they're giving competition to steam.... My God epic store is turning out to be a huge fucking cancer for PC gaming.... and this is just one title from a single dev... if this shit spreads then Epic is basically proving to be a huge cancer for PC gaming.... the faster this whole endeavor of Epic's fails the better for PC gaming. This is NOT the console space where you take what you want as exclusive and moneyhat devs FFS.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I don't play many games on PC, and this whole Epic store bullshit is making me glad that I don't. All this store exclusivity is just extremely anti-consumer.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
So far I have been okay with Epic scooping up a few exclusives to promote their store but this crosses a line. This is super scummy.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Lol. there goes another game I wont be purchasing, good luck. I really regret buying Season 3 last month or so whenever there was that fire sale. Real consumer choice means putting the game on multiple platforms. Also, I have all the prior games on Steam, wtf would I want the finale in the series to be on a different platform?

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
As someone who doesn't partake much in PC gaming, why is a competitor to Steam different than the console market? Everyone says we need 2 or 3 consoles to keep the others in check and loves it, and they get their competition by making/buying exclusives. How is this so different especially when the user doesn't even need to pay for something extra? Is it just people not wanting to not use Steam ever?

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, depending on if they kept our cloud save files and they can be imported, may just okay play on consoles

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Epic dont want competition. They want their own little monopoly. And everyone getting into that store exclusively is also against competition since for them, a good storefront is one where their product is bought at full price and is curated. I'm not supporting this and I really hope it doesn't take off because I feel like this will only lead to a worse platform as a whole.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completely ignored by the OP

Sounds like Epic is helping to fund and finish the series.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesn't partake much in PC gaming, why is a competitor to Steam different than the console market? Everyone says we need 2 or 3 consoles to keep the others in check and loves it, and they get their competition by making/buying exclusives. How is this so different especially when the user doesn't even need to pay for something extra? Is it just people not wanting to not use Steam ever?

These are games that were previously available on Steam.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
These are games that were previously available on Steam.

Do prior owners lose access to them or is it just something for new purchases? I guess my question is, what is a company like Epic to try and do if not to try and pad out their content lineup? Even if the service was similarly good to Steam people would ignore it because it isn't Steam.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That explains why any mention of PC was absent from the Kinda Funny Games Showcase trailer. I guess they were still working out a deal.

I hope anyone who wanted a DRM-free copy already bought it from GOG.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Do prior owners lose access to them or is it just something for new purchases? I guess my question is, what is a company like Epic to try and do if not to try and pad out their content lineup? Even if the service was similarly good to Steam people would ignore it because it isn't Steam.

And what is wrong with customers wanting to buy where they want?

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hahahahahaha so now not only are they taking games that hadn't been released but had already made plans for launch with competitors but they're straight up yanking games THAT WERE ALREADY AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE.

Fuck Epic forever. I don't even wanna play Fortnite anymore because of this shit.