• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017

Ey3gpVHU4AEJtXd

hmmm

I had a feeling they would eventually do something with that bizarre ending lmfao.

Glad to see Clementine coming to the comics though. Looks like it'll probably be set after the final game, so it'll be cool to see what happened after it.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Updated the info in the OP and second post to get it all up-to-date.

Also, played a good chunk of Saints & Sinners this evening. I haven't really played a whole lot of it before, so was good to get a good session in. Scavenging houses got kind of repetitive, but the game felt really tense when moving through neighborhoods and trying to sneak around people and walkers. Though I need to be better about hoofing it back to the Resting Place before the bells toll... I died a lot. šŸ˜…

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Walking Dead Deluxe begins with issue 1 on October 7, 2020. Afterwards, the series will be released bi-weekly starting November 4, 2020. In the Letter Hacks segment at the end of issue #1, Robert Kirkman stated, "there are no plans to ever collect the series in color. If you want to experience this series in full color... you're going to need to buy these single issues."
How reliable is this claim? I would happily buy a full-color compendium of the entire series, but I'm not hunting down 100+ individual books.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
How reliable is this claim? I would happily buy a full-color compendium of the entire series, but I'm not hunting down 100+ individual books.
Beats me. I can't imagine they'll never collect the issues together, but if they do, I think it'll be a long while from now... but there is also the possibility that Kirkman's telling the truth.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
With season six of Fear coming to a close, and with the final seasons of The Walking Dead and World Beyond coming later this year, I think I might finally rewatch everything AMC's put out for this series... which is probably nuts considering how much there is, but fuck it lol.

Think I'm gonna go with this order for everything. It's chronological-ish:
Never seen the webisodes before outside of Flight 462 and Red Machete, so I'm kind of excited to watch those. I'm mostly looking forward to rewatching TWD and Fear though. I enjoyed watching Fear again from the start last year since I noticed a lot of things I missed when the show originally aired, and I haven't gotten to rewatch TWD at all before. The Fear rewatch gave me a new appreciation for season two, which I didn't like very much when originally watching it weekly back in 2016, so I'm hoping something similar happens when I get to seasons seven and eight of TWD.

Anyone else considering doing something similar before the final season? (Even if it's just a rewatch of the original show; I'm just throwing in all the other stuff for fun)

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck lad. At least you won't have to spend money on melatonin any time soon.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The webisodes suck btw. The only decentish ones are the ones done to promote Fear.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck lad. At least you won't have to spend money on melatonin any time soon.
I love the hell out of this series, even with its faults, so... ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

The webisodes suck btw. The only decentish ones are the ones done to promote Fear.
Noted. I'm still gonna watch them just so I can finally say I have, but yeah, not gonna expect much out of them. I remember Red Machete just kind of being okay.

On a related note, I actually didn't know the Radio Transmissions from the Apocalypse audio series existed at all until I went looking for YouTube links to the webisodes. Apparently they were released during the midseason break of Fear's second season. I listened to the first one and it seemed neat enough.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
On a related note, I actually didn't know the Radio Transmissions from the Apocalypse audio series existed at all until I went looking for YouTube links to the webisodes. Apparently they were released during the midseason break of Fear's second season. I listened to the first one and it seemed neat enough.

I don't even know what that is!

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even know what that is!
Seems like it's an audio drama featuring characters talking over radios? I dunno lol. Apparently it was released as a podcast back during season two, but I had never heard of it before I stumbled upon it earlier today. I'll need to listen to it more later on. Here's a YouTube link if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP63B9XPsQt1MR9KGia6DCsDEwml7DoKi

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's known more generally as Fear the Walking Dead: Radio Waves?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like it's an audio drama featuring characters talking over radios? I dunno lol. Apparently it was released as a podcast back during season two, but I had never heard of it before I stumbled upon it earlier today. I'll need to listen to it more later on. Here's a YouTube link if you want to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP63B9XPsQt1MR9KGia6DCsDEwml7DoKi

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's known more generally as Fear the Walking Dead: Radio Waves?

Sounds riveting! :P

Clementine graphic novel series announced
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Tillie Walden is going to be doing a new young adult series starring Clementine:

Image/Skybound today announced that Skybound Comet, a new original graphic novel imprint aimed at Young Adult (Ages 12+) and Middle Grade (Ages 8-12) audiences, will launch next year everywhere books are sold.

Skybound Comet officially takes flight in July 2022 with CLEMENTINE BOOK ONE, beginning a trilogy set in the world of Robert Kirkman's THE WALKING DEAD, from award-winning writer/artist Tillie Walden (SPINNING, ON A SUNBEAM). This will be followed by EVERYDAY HERO MACHINE BOY OGN from rising star voices Tri Vuong and Irma Kniivila in September 2022, and then SEA SERPENT'S HEIR BOOK ONE, kicking off a fantasy trilogy from acclaimed creators Mairghread Scott (STAR WARS: RESISTANCE, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY) and Pablo Tunica (TMNT UNIVERSE), in October 2022.

"The goal of Skybound has always been to create the best comics that bring new readers to the medium we love so much, and Skybound Comet is the next step in that mission," said Sean Mackiewicz, SVP, Editor-in-Chief, Skybound Entertainment. "We'll be not only exploring pop culture phenomenon like THE WALKING DEAD from a whole new perspective, but also bringing you entirely new worlds and new characters that we know will capture the hearts of readers of all ages."

"These three launches are only the beginning of our long-term graphic novel plan," said Alex Antone, Senior Editor, Skybound Entertainment. "We're committed to igniting the imaginations of young people with exciting new genre adventures from diverse storytellers for many years to come."

It's a new beginning for Clementine, the star of the bestselling video game franchise TELLTALE'S THE WALKING DEAD, in CLEMENTINE BOOK ONE, as she's back on the road, looking to put her traumatic past behind her and forge a new path all her own. But when she comes across an Amish teenager named Amos with his head in the clouds, the unlikely pair journeys North to an abandoned ski resort in Vermont, where they meet up with a small group of teenagers attempting to build a new, walker-free settlement. As friendship, rivalry, and romance begin to blossom amongst the group, the harsh winter soon reveals that the biggest threat to their survivalā€¦might be each other.

"Starting out with a character like Clementine is both a huge responsibility and joy. Clementine is a person who brings adventure with her everywhere she goes, and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to take her beyond the world of the games, to somewhere new and thrilling (like the top of a mountain!)," said Walden. "She is a force and drawing and writing her story has been one of the best experiences in my cartooning life."

Clementine makes her first comic book appearance in SKYBOUND X #1, available in comic shops and at digital providers on July 7, 2021.

Clementine-Book-One-Cover.jpg

Not familiar with Walden's work, but I hope this turns out good. Kind of wish the series were focused on Clem staying at the school thoughā€¦ The reasoning for her leaving West Virginia (and AJ, apparently) is gonna have to be good after how the game's final season ended.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
IMG-0051.jpg

Got my first issue of Skybound X!
Ayy nice!

Just read through the Clementine story in it.

Yup, it's a direct lead-in to the graphic novel releasing next year. I guess that was expected since Tillie Walden was behind it, but I didn't realize that before reading it lol.

Wasn't a fan of how abruptly Clem left AJ. I don't think Clem's reason for leaving is bad, but since this story was supposed to lead into the graphic novel series, I think I would've liked to see her thinking over leaving while at the school. It kind of sucks that they just brushed over her actions and thoughts leading up to leaving. I dunno. It was fine, but I think I expected more.

Haven't read Rick Grimes 2000, but it looks about as bonkers as I expected lol.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to feel about this. At first it was uncharacteristic of Clementine. AJ could have easily interpreted that conversation as her saying he doesn't make her happy anymore, but maybe there's a lot more going on here that needs explaining? Maybe she's depressed? Or in some twisted way misses her old life since it's what she knew for most of her life?

It definitely needed more meat and backstory. Most reactions are overwhelmingly negative to the point where I wonder what the writer expected. I can understand not going heavy on the backstory given you would basically be forcing one of S4's paths as the cannon one and potentially invalidating someone's playthrough.

Comic-Con 2021 details & Tales of TWD news
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
We've got some details on the Comic-Con panels for the AMC shows happening later this month:

deadline.com

ā€˜The Walking Deadā€™ & Zombie Spinoffs To Haunt San Diego Comic-Con Virtual Edition; AMC Unveils Full Lineup Including ā€˜Creepshowā€™, ā€˜Doctor Whoā€™ & More

UPDATE 7:42AM, after Previous Exclusive: AMC has made official what we told you earlier: The Walking Dead and its standalone series The Walking Dead: World Beyond and Fear the Walking Dead will be at virtual Comic-Con over July 23-25. Below is AMCā€™s schedule which includes V/H/S/94, Slasher...

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

Panel Time: Saturday, July 24 at 1:00 PM PT

Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead) will chat with the feature chief content officer of The Walking Dead Universe, Scott M. Gimple, showrunners and EPs Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg, and cast members Lennie James, Alycia Debnam- Carey, Colman Domingo, Danay Garcia, Jenna Elfman, Karen David, Mo Collins and Christine Evangelista about season 7 with an exclusive first look. Premiere date is later this year. At the end of last season, Teddy (John Glover) brought about his vision of "The End" when he detonated nuclear warheads across the Texas landscape. In the series' new season, it will be up to those who survived to decide what "The Beginning" will look like. And they'll have to do it in a world devoid of light and hope, where the outside air is just as deadly as the walkers they face. The survivors will find out who they really are and what they're really made of. Some will rise to the occasion, some will find new purpose, and some will redefine themselves ā€” even if it comes at a terrible cost to those they once considered family.

THE WALKING DEAD: WORLD BEYOND

Panel Time: Saturday, July 24 at 2:00 PM PT

Hardwick will talk about season 2 and provide an exclusive first look with Gimple, showrunner and EP Matt Negrete, and cast members Aliyah Royale, Alexa Mansour, Nicolas Cantu, Hal Cumpston, Nico Tortorella, Annet Mahendru, Julia Ormond, Jelani Alladin and Joe Holt. Season two of The Walking Dead: World Beyond concludes the epic story of Iris (Royale), Hope (Mansour), Elton (Cantu), and Silas (Cumpston) ā€” four friends who journeyed across the country on a mission that transformed everything they knew about themselves and the world. As they face off against the mysterious Civic Republic Military and fight for control of their own destiny, goals will shift, bonds will form and crumble, and innocence will be both lost and found.

THE WALKING DEAD

Panel Time: Saturday, July 24 at 3:00 PM PT

A big conversation here about the upcoming 24-episode finale. Hardwick, Gimple are joined by showrunner and EP Angela Kang and cast members Norman Reedus, Melissa McBride, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Lauren Cohan, Khary Payton, Christian Serratos, Josh McDermitt, Eleanor Matsuura and Michael James Shaw as they tease how it all ends. In the series' final and 11th season, the carnage and devastation of the Whisperer War has left Alexandria a former shell of the home it once was, and its residents are struggling to refortify its walls and feed its increased population as survivors from the Kingdom and the Hilltop join their ranks. Meanwhile, part of the group is being held captive by mysterious soldiers who are members of a larger and unforthcoming group.
Should be a fun three hours. I'm assuming we'll get full-length trailers for each show during these.

Not sure how to feel about this. At first it was uncharacteristic of Clementine. AJ could have easily interpreted that conversation as her saying he doesn't make her happy anymore, but maybe there's a lot more going on here that needs explaining? Maybe she's depressed? Or in some twisted way misses her old life since it's what she knew for most of her life?

It definitely needed more meat and backstory. Most reactions are overwhelmingly negative to the point where I wonder what the writer expected. I can understand not going heavy on the backstory given you would basically be forcing one of S4's paths as the cannon one and potentially invalidating someone's playthrough.
Yeah, after reading this story, I'm not sure how to feel about the upcoming graphic novel series. I don't think I buy the premise just yet, and I don't know if I'm excited for it. I get that it would've been difficult to show Clementine living at the school due to player-driven choices, but I still feel like there was something that could have been done. Even if it's just showing her in her room by herself, thinking about how she should be happy but isn't, or something. I just don't think leaving that sort of thing for the reader to connect the dots on works well, considering where she was at by the end of the Telltale series. It just feels kind of out of left field to me.

Hopefully the series dives into that stuff.

EDIT: Looks like Channing Powell is the (tentative?) showrunner for Tales of the Walking Dead, according to her Instagram profile:

y3boLHt.jpg

She's previously written numerous episodes of The Walking Dead, as well as a couple of episodes in the most recent season of Fear:
  • The Walking Dead
    • Season 4
      • "Internment"
      • "Inmates" (with Matt Negrete)
    • Season 5
      • "Slabtown" (with Matt Negrete)
      • "Remember"
    • Season 6
      • "Heads Up"
      • "Knots Untie" (with Matt Negrete)
      • "East" (with Scott Gimple)
    • Season 7
      • "Go Getters"
      • "Hearts Still Beating" (with Matt Negrete)
      • "New Best Friends"
    • Season 8
      • "The Damned" (with Matt Negrete)
      • "Monsters" (with Matt Negrete)
      • "Honor" (with Matt Negrete)
      • "The Lost and the Plunderers" (with Angela Kang & Corey Reed)
      • "The Key" (with Corey Reed)
    • Season 9
      • "Omega"
      • "The Calm Before" (with Geraldine Inoa)
    • Season 10
      • "Look at the Flowers"
  • Fear The Walking Dead
    • Season 6
      • "The Holding"
      • "Mother" (with Alex Delyle)
Many of the episodes she's written have had very strong scripts imo, so I'm really excited to see what she does with the series. It sounds like she may just be getting things started while they try to get someone else for a more permanent role though?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to mention it earlier, but the season eleven premiere of TWD will be on AMC+ on August 15th, a week before it airs on TV. Not sure if that means both episodes or not (the premiere is a two-parter), but I'd assume both episodes will be available.

About The Walking Dead | News, Bios and Photos | AMC

Explore The Walking Dead. Read about the show, characters, cast, crew and more. Discover the latest news and first look photo galleries.

3f6ONgV.png

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked this series and the spinoffs are still grasping to life. I checked out after season 10 and figured the small ratings would have put a stop to any new series being produced.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked this series and the spinoffs are still grasping to life. I checked out after season 10 and figured the small ratings would have put a stop to any new series being produced.
Season eleven is the final season of the main show. And despite the ratings not being what they used to be, TWD is still AMC's largest and most popular / most-watched property. It shouldn't be surprising that they're keeping it around.

Aug 7, 2019
So some aren't sure if World Beyond will air in December through January to try and do like an uninterrupted airing method

Hoping by next July main TWD has its final gasp, if they had just done a shorter final season for this year they could've ended it on Halloween

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Having the season spaced out like that kind of sucks (I was originally hoping they would do two twelve-episode halves), but I get why they're doing it this way. They want the TWD train to keep moving even with the original show ending, so that means they can't have any breaksā€” not like they can rely on Fear to pick up any slack with how hit-or-miss it is either. This'll hopefully mean a natural transition to the Daryl and Carol show from viewers' perspectives. Maybe it'll premiere early 2023 rather than later that year?

I also really wonder where the first movie (lol) fits into all of this. Late 2023?

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
E6WY0cxWEAox2w8

cool cover for an upcoming artbook
I dig it. Wish the earlier seasons of Fear were represented more though; the only pre-season four character to make the cut for the cover is Travis. That's just me nitpicking though; overall, it's cool to see so many characters from all three shows together like this.

There's a cool limited edition of the art book on the Skybound store that has a drawing of Daryl as the cover:

store.skybound.com

ART OF AMC'S THE WALKING DEAD UNIVERSE HC SKYBOUND EXCLUSIVE

*FEATURING EXCLUSIVE DARYL DIXON VARIANT COVER* Published by Skybound & produced by AMC Networks Publishing, discover the behind-the-scenes pre-production & production art for AMCā€™s THE WALKING DEAD shows: The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and The Walking Dead: World Beyond, all in one...

Art-of-the-walking-dead_1_4000x@2x.progressive.jpg

I think AMC's store will have its own special variant as well.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

We'll eventually manage to materialize these movies with our sheer will.

Tbh I think/hope we'll hear some news at Comic-Con this weekend. Andrew Lincoln said late last year that he was hoping to begin filming in the spring or summer of this year. While spring didn't happen, that at least means they might be planning to begin filming somewhat soon. Maybe Gimple will give us a few more breadcrumbs in a few days lol.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
We'll eventually manage to materialize these movies with our sheer will.

Tbh I think/hope we'll hear some news at Comic-Con this weekend. Andrew Lincoln said late last year that he was hoping to begin filming in the spring or summer of this year. While spring didn't happen, that at least means they might be planning to begin filming somewhat soon. Maybe Gimple will give us a few more breadcrumbs in a few days lol.

that would be a nice surprise! even a poster or something lol

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently AMC's confirmed that the season eleven premiere of TWD will not be two episodes. The first two episodes of the season are still called Acheron: Part I and Acheron: Part II, but they aren't being aired the same night. Only Part I is being released on August 22nd (or 15th for AMC+ subscribers).

I could've sworn they said that the two episodes were being aired together, but maybe that was never the case and it was just people (read: me) assuming they would be based on the episode titles. :(

Also, press screeners for the first two episodes have gone out:

Last edited:

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
May as well see the main show out.

Don't think I'll be returning for Season 7 of Fear though.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Hope Andrew Lincoln can somehow return at least for the final episode of this final season.
Maybe leading to his trilogy of movies.

Fear the Walking Dead Comic-Con 2021 panel
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The Comic-Con panel for Fear season seven is up:

Hope Andrew Lincoln can somehow return at least for the final episode of this final season.
Maybe leading to his trilogy of movies.
I think/hope they'll end up doing that. Even though they're wrapping up the main show, they need to throw in as many teasers for things like the movies and the Daryl/Carol show to keep viewers interested in watching the other things they have planned. Having Rick appear in some sort of post-credits stinger or something would be pretty hype I think.

EDIT: Season seven premieres on Sunday, October 17th, will be the standard eight-episode half.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
May as well see the main show out.

Don't think I'll be returning for Season 7 of Fear though.

This is where I'm at. I've seen all of the main series so I'll see it through, but the recent seaaon of Fear was utter garbage (killing off their best character didn't help an already stupid ass story lol) so I think I'm done.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Season eight hasn't been greenlit, but they've said they aren't writing season seven as a final season or anything. They're planning to continue the show.

Thanks.

I haven't watched much of season 6 but wasn't enjoying it much but would see it out and another season if it was going to end. May give it a go while Walking Dead finishes then call it a day together.