• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I haven't read the comics in a while, but I may just see this one through to the end.

Can someone in the know, who has kept up with the comics spoil me on how they imagine this ending based on what's currently going on in the comics? And if it will be a satisfying conclusion? I know Rick gets killed, but like I would think that this may come off as an abrupt ending considering how many plot threads are still at play based on what I have heard.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
God, the series should have done that.

Kill Rick off, end the show one episode later.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Considering where we're at in the story it's a good idea, but will probably be clunky in execution.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How big of time skip do you think we will see, if any? I hope we get a glimpse of the world 50,100, or more years AR (After Rick).

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's crazy. I haven't read the series in a couple years (I think my last issue was somewhere in the late 160's). If it's actually ending, I might as well go and pick up 30 or so issues I've missed. Well, probably just buy some trades of em. I always thought Kirkman said he had a plan that would go to about 200 something issues, maybe 300. Guess he was closer to 200 but just saw an opportunity to end it sooner. Can't blame him, that book has some real ups and downs and it's been going on for so long. Anyone here reading the series know if it's at one of it's "up" phases?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ballsy, that's for sure.

But I always prefer when a story ends where it was meant to do so (eg. Breaking Bad) instead of running it into the ground because it's successful.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can someone spoil me what's going on with the story? Got bored around issue 120 and I want to know how it'll end.

ClydeBonFrog

Apr 17, 2018
I have to echo what people are saying about season 9 of the show, I enjoyed it after basically falling off in the middle of 7. I enjoyed 9 more than GOT this year. I have to assume the movies are going to deal with Rick getting to the CommonWealth, and I guess either his death, or somehow ending his story in a super definite fashion, I doubt they would deviate from the comic, since there is now an end point, and they've basically hit most all of the major story arcs, from the comic in the show, abliet with some major differences. I just don't see them making a completely new story line for Rick in this trilogy of movies.

Oct 27, 2017
I quit the books after Glen got killed.

Seems I made the right decision. Did literally anything important happen between then and now other than Rick dying? Did we ever get an explanation about the zombies, hope for a future...anything other than "find other group of humans, they're shitty, shitty things happen, get better for a bit, find another group of humans, they're shitty..."

?

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I quit the books after Glen got killed.

Seems I made the right decision. Did literally anything important happen between then and now other than Rick dying? Did we ever get an explanation about the zombies, hope for a future...anything other than "find other group of humans, they're shitty, shitty things happen, get better for a bit, find another group of humans, they're shitty..."

?
Yes, a lot of cool shit went down. I recommend you just finish up!

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, a lot of cool shit went down. I recommend you just finish up!

Anything to expand the lore or switch up the formula though? I'll be totally honest with you in that I will 99% chance never finish the series. I loved it until that point and just realized it was basically the same thing over and over.

I get that the whole point wasn't "this why the zombies exist and here is how humanity solves the problem", and it was all about the characters and their interactions. But I do love a good over-arching plot that eventually provides some satisfying answers or conclusions. I suppose I could just wiki it.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Anything to expand the lore or switch up the formula though? I'll be totally honest with you in that I will 99% chance never finish the series. I loved it until that point and just realized it was basically the same thing over and over.

I get that the whole point wasn't "this why the zombies exist and here is how humanity solves the problem", and it was all about the characters and their interactions. But I do love a good over-arching plot that eventually provides some satisfying answers or conclusions. I suppose I could just wiki it.
Yep, it's just about the world mostly. If you're looking for explanations about the infection, you're def. reading the wrong comic lol

However, there is supposed to be something important revealed about the zombies in this last 72 page issue, if rumors are correct. So who knows! I would just go to thewd wiki for a catch-up. They do a good job there with the summaries. Sorry by books>Compendiums

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
honestly i ain't even mad if it is the end.

it lost the magic long ago. it just feels to be stumbling along for a while now.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i suspect it'll get rebooted at some point. seems like he's tired of it and/or doesn't want to mess about with the current characters.

let him go work on other stuff for 5-10 years and come back. or even let other people write their own versions (not with Rick/Carl etc). great way to keep the $ rollin' in without doing any work.

genjiZERO

Banned
Jan 27, 2019
Richmond
So trying not to have anything spoiled... But I fell off a couple of years ago when that shit went down that made a lot of people fall off. Should I get back on? I have a pretty high tolerance for aspects of WD most people don't like.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Kinda sad that a portion of the fanbase already seems to be lambasting Kirkman for ending the series on his own terms rather than keep writing it just because they want him to. "Think about all I've invested into reading this story." Oh okay, champ.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Welp...
Guess he never could find a way to introduce Daryl, easier to just end it all.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad that a portion of the fanbase already seems to be lambasting Kirkman for ending the series on his own terms rather than keep writing it just because they want him to. "Think about all I've invested into reading this story." Oh okay, champ.
I mean, they have a point? Why was he setting up storylines only 2 issues ago if it's ending now? Seems pointless, and the ending is going to be a rush job.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why would they care?

The ratings have been falling for several years now. It probably doesn't hurt to have a critically acclaimed popular comic going that helps the overall brand. I'm expecting even more people to drop the show now that the source material has come to an end.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
I mean, they have a point? Why was he setting up storylines only 2 issues ago if it's ending now? Seems pointless, and the ending is going to be a rush job.
Ya that's what I'm wondering. Like why introduce Princess and repeatedly say that she's an important character. Hell half the characters introduced in the commonwealth haven't done jack shit. Seems really weird to end it right now. Rick dying made it seem like a lot of characters were finally going to get some time to shine.