• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
Also

What's the deal with Stephanie? Are they trying to do some fake out thing?
Yeah, pretty sure that the "Stephanie" hanging out with Eugene isn't the same person he was talking to on the radio, and is just collecting more info about their group. My guess is that the other woman we saw at the ice-cream truck is the actual Stephanie

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, pretty sure that the "Stephanie" hanging out with Eugene isn't the same person he was talking to on the radio, and is just collecting more info about their group. My guess is that the other woman we saw at the ice-cream truck is the actual Stephanie

🤔

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Man, the fact we're 4 episodes into the final season (5 for AMC+) and this thread just made page 3 shows how much this show has petered out tremendously. Then again, I feel like TWD hasn't been majorly popular around here for some time, anyway.

AMC+ showing the next episode a week ahead also fucks discussions about the show, too. I hate it.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

A different voice actress did the radio stuff. Could be because she hasn't been cast yet.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Chelle Ramos is credited as "Decoy Stephanie" in the show's credits the last few episodes. Meanwhile, Margot Bingham, who voiced Stephanie in season ten, was bumped up to series regular for this season. Ramos's "Stephanie" is 100% not the one Eugene was talking to on the radio last season.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Chelle Ramos is credited as "Decoy Stephanie" in the show's credits the last few episodes. Meanwhile, Margot Bingham, who voiced Stephanie in season ten, was bumped up to series regular for this season. Ramos's "Stephanie" is 100% not the one Eugene was talking to on the radio last season.

hahaha

Oct 27, 2017
Finally caught up with the past few episodes. They continue to do individual characterizations well, but still awkwardly get the characters from point a to point b. Also too on the nose with the parallels: maggie-negan, people in cages not wanting to end up like those already captured, etc.

And shuddering at what Herschel has seen in his young life.

Ganryu

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I watched TWD until 7x01.
Can/should I skip season 7 and 8 and restart to watch on season 9? Read some awful things about S7 and S8.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, I watched TWD until 7x01.
Can/should I skip season 7 and 8 and restart to watch on season 9? Read some awful things about S7 and S8.
I wouldn't. Quality aside, a lot happens in those seasons. I've seen people say they aren't that bad when binged as opposed to watching from one week to the next.

If you don't want to watch them though, I'd at least catch some YouTube recaps:

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6 is like top 3 creepiest, most wtf episodes of the whole series. I am scare :(

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 6 is like top 3 creepiest, most wtf episodes of the whole series. I am scare :(
For real. I was surprised. Easily one of the standout episodes of the whole series for me because of how unique it is in comparison to the rest of the series.

Really good fucking episode. The scenes in the house with Connie and Vergil reminded me of Resident Evil, right down to the fixed camera angles (such as the one looking up at Connie from the bottom of the staircase). Intense stuff.

I wonder how things'll go when everyone learns from Vergil that Michonne went to find Rick. Poor Judith's gonna be afraid that everyone's gonna leave her.

And Pope totally knows that Daryl isn't actually with the Reapers. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of that story plays out. I'd imagine Leah will die by the end of this, but maybe / hopefully not? I kinda like her, but I don't think she's going to be willing to side with Daryl in the end.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Episode 6 continued the horror movie vibes I'm loving this season. I was super confused about the Daryl storyline. I didn't recognize Leah from last season... and turns out I accidentally missed watching Episode 4 lol.

Aug 7, 2019
The most despised and most effective final antagonist of The Walking Dead has been introduced, Sebastian Milton

His clash with Eugene seems to have been something new for the show, and adds the irony of Sebastian being the reason the people who overthrow his mother are on their way

As for Maggie and Negan's ship name.....we thinking Naggie? Maggan?

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Episode 6 continued the horror movie vibes I'm loving this season. I was super confused about the Daryl storyline. I didn't recognize Leah from last season... and turns out I accidentally missed watching Episode 4 lol.
Episode 6 is one episode where I would have liked it to focus solely on that one single location it could have worked as a mini movie the rest of it dragged the episode down

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
Could someone DM about future spoiler if it's known or leaked in some way it's about
does Rick and michonne return or has the actors been around the set recently I'd rather they just come back and end this whole thing in the show instead of the spin offs and movies etc

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone DM about future spoiler if it's known or leaked in some way it's about
does Rick and michonne return or has the actors been around the set recently I'd rather they just come back and end this whole thing in the show instead of the spin offs and movies etc

No one knows one way or the other at the moment.

Anarion07

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

For real. I was surprised. Easily one of the standout episodes of the whole series for me because of how unique it is in comparison to the rest of the series.

Really good fucking episode. The scenes in the house with Connie and Vergil reminded me of Resident Evil, right down to the fixed camera angles (such as the one looking up at Connie from the bottom of the staircase). Intense stuff.

I wonder how things'll go when everyone learns from Vergil that Michonne went to find Rick. Poor Judith's gonna be afraid that everyone's gonna leave her.

And Pope totally knows that Daryl isn't actually with the Reapers. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of that story plays out. I'd imagine Leah will die by the end of this, but maybe / hopefully not? I kinda like her, but I don't think she's going to be willing to side with Daryl in the end.

Episode 6 is one episode where I would have liked it to focus solely on that one single location it could have worked as a mini movie the rest of it dragged the episode down
Are you talking about episode 5? Or did I somehow miss that episode 6 aired?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The most despised and most effective final antagonist of The Walking Dead has been introduced, Sebastian Milton

I thought they nailed Sebastian's intro. I already despise him lol

Also, I really like Maggie and Negan's group becoming Whisperers to take down the ex military group. I can't remember if the good guys already did that on the show in a previous season but they briefly used that tactic against the Whisperers in the comics and it was great.

Good episode. Really looking forward to watching the finale next week on AMC+

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Episode eight was really, really good…

… until I realized they were ending it on a fucking cliffhanger.

Seeing Maggie and company continue to use Whisperer tactics was really cool. Loved that they did the same thing from when the Whisperers were introduced, where one of them quickly stabbed someone who thought they were a zombie. Cool shit.

Glad Pope is finally dead. He finally showed to the others how crazy he was before he died. I was really hoping Leah would go with Daryl though… I get why she didn't, but I was hoping things would end okay for her. I like her, and now she's inevitably going to die lol.

Really hate that they ended things on a cliffhanger. It's the only thing I disliked about the episode. Really don't want to wait until next year for the resolution to this story arc. But again, besides that, loved the episode.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
I've been enjoying this season so far. Episode 6 was a really good horror episode. It's a shame they didn't do that more often.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got caught up on season 11 and episode 8 was pretty good. Also I keep forgetting that Cailey Fleming is 14 but Judith is only 10 in this season.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got caught up on season 11 and episode 8 was pretty good. Also I keep forgetting that Cailey Fleming is 14 but Judith is only 10 in this season.
Hopefully they don't run into the issue they had with Carl where the actress gets so old that she doesn't look as young as the character. Though I guess the main show coming to an end is a blessing in that regard-- I'm sure they've got plans for Judith post-TWD, but it'll probably be years before she appears in something else (the movies?), and they might have a time jump to age her up at that point.

I hope they don't recast her for the movies or whatever they end up doing though. Cailey Fleming is a great fit for the role, and a surprisingly good actress for someone her age.

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, did amc end the episode early? I'm watching amc on cable and....

Last thing I saw was
Eugene punching someone in the face, then the feed froze and credits rolled. Then the episode started again.

Was that the end or did something screw up?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, did amc end the episode early? I'm watching amc on cable and....

Last thing I saw was
Eugene punching someone in the face, then the feed froze and credits rolled. Then the episode started again.

Was that the end or did something screw up?

Nah, just a bad cliffhanger smh. Otherwise, the ep was good
That wasn't the end to the episode, there should've been more after it.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I turned amc back on and it's the east of the episode I guess

What happened between the Eugene thing and
Daryl shooting the woman to death?

Now it's over over, I wonder if amc screwed up or my cable provider...
It's been a few days since I watched the episode. I don't remember exactly, sorry.

I *think* the main thing you missed was Eugene being thrown into jail. Lance Hornsby visits him and explains that he's given Eugene's group a lot of chances, but the guy he punched was Sebastian Milton, son of Commonwealth governor Pamela Milton. Lance says that he won't be able to help Eugene get out if he doesn't tell him where Alexandria is. The scene cuts away, but it's implied that Eugene tells him.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a few days since I watched the episode. I don't remember exactly, sorry.

I *think* the main thing you missed was Eugene being thrown into jail. Lance Hornsby visits him and explains that he's given Eugene's group a lot of chances, but the guy he punched was Sebastian Milton, son of Commonwealth governor Pamela Milton. Lance says that he won't be able to help Eugene get out if he doesn't tell him where Alexandria is. The scene cuts away, but it's implied that Eugene tells him.

Thanks

Shane this thread is so dead when this season has been pretty interesting compared to lots of other seasons lol

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks

Shane this thread is so dead when this season has been pretty interesting compared to lots of other seasons lol
Yeah, The Walking Dead in general is pretty dead on Era, at least when it comes to the television shows. :( Makes me sad. I feel like all three shows are in a pretty decent spot right now quality-wise*.

*I'm giving season 6B of Fear the benefit of the doubt since season 6A was great, and they had to rewrite what they had planned for 6B due to covid. The premise for season 7 is at least looking interesting, and the snippets they've shown so far have looked good.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, The Walking Dead in general is pretty dead on Era, at least when it comes to the television shows. :( Makes me sad. I feel like all three shows are in a pretty decent spot right now quality-wise*.

*I'm giving season 6B of Fear the benefit of the doubt since season 6A was great, and they had to rewrite what they had planned for 6B due to covid. The premise for season 7 is at least looking interesting, and the snippets they've shown so far have looked good.

I stopped watching at the end of Season 8. I wasn't planning on stopping actually, but what made me stop was the news that Andrew Lincoln/Rick would be leaving the show in S9 and then I was like "ok S8 will just be the ending for me" because my favourite part of the show by far was Andrew Lincoln's Rick. I did post in previous TWD threads, and just thought i'd pop in here for old times sake lol.

That said, I am planning on catching up eventually- my initial assumption was that TWD would never end and that AMC would milk it for everything that its worth- but now that S11 is supposedly the final one, I think that I will watch the remaining seasons once I have time as I have been hearing that the new season have been better than the S7-8 Arc.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching at the end of Season 8. I wasn't planning on stopping actually, but what made me stop was the news that Andrew Lincoln/Rick would be leaving the show in S9 and then I was like "ok S8 will just be the ending for me" because my favourite part of the show by far was Andrew Lincoln's Rick. I did post in previous TWD threads, and just thought i'd pop in here for old times sake lol.

That said, I am planning on catching up eventually- my initial assumption was that TWD would never end and that AMC would milk it for everything that its worth- but now that S11 is supposedly the final one, I think that I will watch the remaining seasons once I have time as I have been hearing that the new season have been better than the S7-8 Arc.
I might be / probably am in the minority when I say this, but I think Andrew Lincoln leaving kind of ended up being a good thing for the show. His final handful of episodes were fantastic, and once he and Lauren Cohan* left, it left room for other characters to step up and have some much-needed development / time in the spotlight. It also made some parts of the story more interesting (imo), since it was one less character with guaranteed plot armor. On top of all that, the vibe of the series just changed a bit after his departure and the show felt kind of refreshed-- again, in my opinion.

All-in-all, season nine of the show is my favorite of the series, and most of the reasons why are from episodes that came after his departure. Season ten, while not as good as season nine, was still pretty good, and so far, season eleven is shaping up to be a great finale based on the quality of the eight episodes that're available. I do miss Rick a little bit, but I don't think the show's suffered in his absence, and besides, he'll show up in the movies, whenever they happen.

*Lauren Cohan is back on the show now, but she was still gone for more than a season's worth of episodes, and by the time she returned, they'd managed to put Maggie into an interesting place for her character.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said before AMC+ airing new episodes a week in advance just messes too much with discussing the show. I honestly wouldn't think many people would have AMC+ here but it's enough to make it annoying. lol
Basically. I come in here after watching on cable, see that all the discussion happened a week ago, and just leave.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Eugene has been so boring the last few seasons.

I honestly feel like this final season so far has just been kinda boring in general. It's like stuff is happening but also nothing is happening at the same time if that makes sense. lol

I think I'd much rather have a shorter season to just wrap it up and have shit go down instead of just dragging it out for like 25 episodes.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the wrap, are we thinking part three starts next summer and ends around this time?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the wrap, are we thinking part three starts next summer and ends around this time?
That'd be my guess. It'll probably be something like this:
  • TWD season 11 part 2 - February through April
  • Fear season 7 part 2 - April through May
  • TWD season 11 part 3 - August through October
  • Fear season 8 part 1 - October through November / December (though season eight technically hasn't been greenlit yet)

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be my guess. It'll probably be something like this:
  • TWD season 11 part 2 - February through April
  • Fear season 7 part 2 - April through May
  • TWD season 11 part 3 - August through October
  • Fear season 8 part 1 - October through November / December (though season eight technically hasn't been greenlit yet)
That sounds about right. Man, imagine them canceling fear, then we're just left with nothing.