• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

The Walking Dead returns for it's eleventh and final season on Sunday, August 15 on AMC+ and Sunday, August 22 at 9/8c on AMC. The final season consists of 24 episodes and will be split into 3 parts, each consisting of 8 episodes. The first part will air this year and the final two parts will air across 2022 (presumably in the spring and late summer/early fall).

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

Previously on The Walking Dead, our survivors confronted past demons and combated new threats, with friendships and relationships suffering from the mounting collateral damage that is the apocalypse. Alexandria is severely compromised, left a former shell of the home it once was from the carnage and devastation left behind by the Whisperers.

Now all who live in Alexandria struggle to refortify it and feed its increasing number of residents, which include the survivors from the fall of the Kingdom and the burning of Hilltop; along with Maggie and her new group, the Wardens. Alexandria has more people than it can manage to feed and protect. Their situation is dire as tensions heat up over past events and self-preservation rises to the surface within the ravaged walls.

They must secure more food while they attempt to restore Alexandria before it collapses like countless other communities they have come across throughout the years. But where and how? More haggard and hungrier than ever before, they must dig deeper to find the effort and strength to safeguard the lives of their children, even if it means losing their own.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to those at Alexandria, Eugene, Ezekiel, Yumiko, and Princess are still being held captive by mysterious soldiers who are members of a larger and unforthcoming group.

~ SPOILERS ~

Previously Aired Episodes: Details of already aired episodes may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags.

Previews, Promos & Sneak Peeks: Spoiler tag all discussion related to content that is associated with episodes that have not yet aired.

Leaks: The posting and/or discussing of leaked material is strictly prohibited in this thread. Please use the TV leak and comic discussion thread for all talk pertaining to leaks.

Graphic Novel: All comic-related discussion must be enclosed in spoiler tags. NO EXCEPTIONS! Please tag and label your posts, e.g. [Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers]
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]
For extensive graphic novel discussion, please use the TV leak and comic discussion thread.

Cast

UI8naba.jpg

New Cast Additions

Laila Robins as Pamela Milton
Margot Bingham as Stephanie
Michael James Shaw as Mercer
Josh Hamilton as Lance Hornsby
Jacob Young as Deaver
Ritchie Coster as ?

Trailers

Official Trailer
Season 11 Teaser: Have and Have Not
Season 11 Teaser: Live for Them

Ratings

Season 10:

Episode 1: 4.0 million 1.4 A18-49
Episode 2: 3.5 million 1.3 A18-49
Episode 3: 3.5 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 4: 3.3 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 5: 3.1 million 1.0 A18-49
Episode 6: 3.2 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 7: 3.3 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 8: 3.2 million 1.0 A18-49

Episode 9: 3.5 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 10: 3.2 million 1.0 A18-49
Episode 11: 2.9 million 0.9 A18-49
Episode 12: 3.5 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 13: 3.7 million 1.2 A18-49
Episode 14: 3.3 million 1.1 A18-49
Episode 15: 3.5 million 1.1 A18-49

Episode 16: 2.7 million 0.9 A18-49

Episode 17: 2.9 million 0.9 A18-49
Episode 18: 2.3 million 0.7 A18-49
Episode 19: 2.2 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 20: 2.1 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 21: 2.0 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 22: 2.1 million 0.6 A18-49

Season 11:

Episode 1: 2.2 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 2: 2.0 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 3: 1.9 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 4: 1.9 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 5: 1.9 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 6: 1.8 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 7: 1.9 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 8: 1.9 million 0.5 A18-49

Episode 9: 1.8 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 10: 1.6 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 11: 1.7 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 12: 1.6 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 13: 1.8 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 14: 1.6 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 15: 1.7 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 16: 1.6 million 0.4 A18-49

~

This is it, y'all - the final OT for The Walking Dead! Thanks for sticking around all these years! Let's hope the show goes out with a bang!

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not ready to say goodbye! 😭 Rick better show up. Also, great OT as always!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Whoo! Great OT as always.

Not gonna be able to finish my rewatch of the series in time for this Sunday (just made it to season seven last night), but I'm definitely catching the premiere this weekend anyway. Really excited to see how things end up going this season. Hopefully, with it being the last one of the original show, they go all-out and have some twists in store.

And yeah, got my fingers crossed for an appearance from Andrew Lincoln in the final episode, even if it's just a one-minute teaser for the movies or something. That's a long ways out though.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will make it to the end. Been saying that for years 😭 I will be happy in some way when it finally finishes.

Are the Rick films still a thing and will they sort of bridge a gap in the series before it ends or something after which would be really odd?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Whoo! Great OT as always.

Not gonna be able to finish my rewatch of the series in time for this Sunday (just made it to season seven last night), but I'm definitely catching the premiere this weekend anyway. Really excited to see how things end up going this season. Hopefully, with it being the last one of the original show, they go all-out and have some twists in store.

And yeah, got my fingers crossed for an appearance from Andrew Lincoln in the final episode, even if it's just a one-minute teaser for the movies or something. That's a long ways out though.

I mean, honestly, the season is being split into three 8-episode parts and the third part probably won't hit until spring/summer 2022 so you got time

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, honestly, the season is being split into three 8-episode parts and the third part probably won't hit until spring/summer 2022 so you got time
I know lol. Was just trying to have it all finished before the season premiered. Ended up taking a break for a couple of weeks after S06E04 though, which threw my plan off. I'll have it done in the next few weeks.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017
Are all the episodes premiering a week early on AMC+ or just the first one?

Lame if it's all of them, not that spoilers for this show are as prevalent as they used to be, but still.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would be funny if the ratings picked up for this last season and they thought hey, people still love this, lets keep it going. 😂

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Are all the episodes premiering a week early on AMC+ or just the first one?

Lame if it's all of them, not that spoilers for this show are as prevalent as they used to be, but still.
Every episode is a week early for at least this first third of the season.

Would be funny if the ratings picked up for this last season and they thought hey, people still love this, lets keep it going. 😂
They may as well be continuing it already, we've got the Daryl and Carol series on the way in 2023 lol. It's the last season of the original show, but it's far from being the end of the story.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

They may as well be continuing it already, we've got the Daryl and Carol series on the way in 2023 lol. It's the last season of the original show, but it's far from being the end of the story.

Really, bleh. So basically expect nothing bad to happen to them and Rick or anyone else linked to their shows and films. Not that is how you should end the show with killing many off but the writers don't seem to have it in them for good drama.

Just me but I hope Fear ends too.

Matrix Monkey

Dec 30, 2017

Stay loyal to a show for over a decade despite serious dips in quality, watch all the spinoffs, play the games, etc. just to have them price gouge you on the final season. Sigh.

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Awesome OT! Can't wait for this final season to get going. Amazing how Michael Shaw looks exactly like Mercer in the comics.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
To watch or not to watch...

The last season seriously burned me out of everything TWD (not the zombie genre, specifically TWD...) But I guess if I watched all seasons so far, I might as well watch this one too. 24 more episodes... I feel like I have Stockholm syndrome, lol!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Let's finish it. Are the movies still coming too?
Eventually. They're still planning on making them, but there hasn't been much news on them this year. Was surprised they weren't mentioned at all during Comic-Con.

Andrew Lincoln said late last year that he was hoping to start filming for the first one this year, but hard to say if that was just his personal hope or what.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
I'd also like to know the status of the Rick movies. I feel like at least one would have happened by now?

Aug 7, 2019
The movies won't be as good as the show since the principle cast won't be there so I don't really care if they take until 2030

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Was starting to wonder about it myself, and I think this is the most recent update on the movies. From last month:

comicbook.com

The Walking Dead Director: Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes Movies Are “Still Alive” (Exclusive)

The untitled Walking Dead Movie with Andrew Lincoln returning as Rick Grimes is 'still alive,' [...]

"I wish I knew, and I wish I could say [when it's happening]. I've read a variety of drafts of the scripts over the last few months. They're really making sure that they get it right," Nicotero told ComicBook's Brandon Davis ahead of a panel for Creepshow Season 3 at virtual San Diego Comic-Con@Home. "I don't know, because I'm always in my head going, 'Okay, so Walking Dead is wrapping up [in Season 11], but now they're talking about all these spin-offs and all these movies and all this and all that. And then Creepshow.' Everyone's like, 'When does it feel like you're going to be done?'"

So right now, I guess they're still just working on scripts lol. :(

The movies won't be as good as the show since the principle cast won't be there so I don't really care if they take until 2030
Depends on how they space the films out. I'd imagine the first movie will only have Andrew Lincoln, Pollyanna McIntosh, and maybe Corey Hawkins and Julia Ormond (from World Beyond), but I can definitely see the later ones introducing more characters from the main show (and the other ones). I think it's a given that Danai Gurira will join the films at some point, and I wouldn't be surprised if Sydney Lemmon (from Fear the Walking Dead) and Norman Reedus eventually make appearances. Maybe Lennie James too, depending on when they eventually cancel Fear or write Morgan out of its story.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Fell off for a couple years from early S8 until S9 hit Netflix last year. Just caught up on the last six eps a few weeks ago, so I'm ready for the final push.

Missed posting in this thread during Maggie's new crew's embarrassing boss fight against The End.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Getting your hopes up about any character is never a good idea for this show. :p They just love to make you care about somebody and then brutally take that person out!

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
Is Angela Kain still running the show? She worked wonders with the cast in season 9!

I'm keeping my expectations on check but I was really disappointed with how much screentime Maggie got. Instead we had a whole episode about Gabriel and what's his face??

Also they need to introduce a villain ASAP! Alpha and Beta were gone too soon.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Is Angela Kain still running the show? She worked wonders with the cast in season 9!

I'm keeping my expectations on check but I was really disappointed with how much screentime Maggie got. Instead we had a whole episode about Gabriel and what's his face??

Also they need to introduce a villain ASAP! Alpha and Beta were gone too soon.

yep, she will be the Showrunner for the final season

Oct 27, 2017
Great OT ratsky!

Predictions: It will be a series of year-long rolling goodbyes. Rick and Michonne will eventually get better in-person send-offs. It seems likely they will keep filming while being surrounded by bad things happening to people's voting rights.

Heisenberg

Oct 25, 2017
So I've caught almost all the way up to this upcoming season. I just have the last 6 episodes that came out during COVID. Are those episodes worth watching before this season starts? I wasn't sure if they were actual full episodes worth watching.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So I've caught almost all the way up to this upcoming season. I just have the last 6 episodes that came out during COVID. Are those episodes worth watching before this season starts? I wasn't sure if they were actual full episodes worth watching.
They're smaller in scope and are admittedly a bit hit-or-miss quality-wise (though I think they're mostly pretty solid personally), but yeah, they are full-on new episodes that flesh out characters, continue their stories between each other, introduce new storylines and characters that'll appear in season eleven, etc. You'll want to watch them before this season.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching when RIck died (?). Skipped to S10 on Netflix and was.....surprised that it was watchable. I just might keep watching.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just a heads-up for folks -

- AMC Premiere will be shutting down on the 31st

- AMC+ will have its' own App for Android and iOS (Apple TV too) beginning next week

- If you sub from anywhere else, you can only access AMC+ from the service you subbed from only (ie - YouTube TV, Apple or Amazon channel)

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Finishing up Man in the High Castle today, and just recently got caught up on all of Fear the Walking Dead. So ready for these new seasons.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Very excited! The trailers all look good. Excited to see Daryl, Caryl, Maggie, and Negan interact more.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

Most of those episodes were…not great, but the finale was one of my favorites of the entire series.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Really liked this episode, but man, Negan really lost me towards the end. I agreed with him until he brought up Glenn, and then he just left Maggie for dead. :/ I get it, but I'm really worried that one of these two is going to be dead before long. One is absolutely going to kill the other, if they don't wipe each other out.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Liked this episode but god the audio mixing in AMC shows is such shit.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Another really good episode. Maggie's story about the guys she ran into with Hershel was fucking unsettling.

The scene where they remixed the show's theme song while Daryl shot zombies was a little much though lol.