• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tainted

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Watching Darryl wrestle with a walker, I'm left wondering how the fuck any of them have any muscle tone left in order to effectively counter him. I guess it's a general suspension of disbelief, if we are going to scientifically look at this, if the virus isn't muscle-sparing somehow, then I would think that over time the zombies should be withering away.

They have been breaking their own rules for 10 seasons now. The only reason they put that scene in was because it 'looks cool' and they basically had to pad out the 40mins with something....unless you wanted to watch Carol make some more soup.

Once you start to try to scientifically analyse The Walking Dead, you are in trouble.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Watching Darryl wrestle with a walker, I'm left wondering how the fuck any of them have any muscle tone left in order to effectively counter him. I guess it's a general suspension of disbelief, if we are going to scientifically look at this, if the virus isn't muscle-sparing somehow, then I would think that over time the zombies should be withering away.
What's funny is that some episodes actually show the walkers like this. There was one that looked like it could barely move just a week or two ago.

Kinda hard to suspend disbelief when they are inconsistent like that

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just started Here's Negan

so they are using hallucination on another character this season. that's got to be like 4 different characters who hallucinated this season

edit -

Just finished

The episode was fine. Unless I'm misremembering it, that wasn't how the Here's Negan comic went at all. Not really sure how I feel about 10C all-in-all

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I thought this was pretty interesting. It really wasn't a mutual decision to end The Walking Dead and do a spin-off. AMC straight up canceled it.

collider.com

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 11 Wasn’t Originally Supposed to Be the Show’s Final Season, Says Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Was The Walking Dead cancelled? Show star Jeffrey Dean Morgan says the final season announcement was a surprise to the creators and showrunners.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan said:
"The news, when we got it in the middle of the pandemic, was a complete surprise, not only to me and the rest of the actors, but to everybody involved in the show from production. Scott Gimple and Angela Kang had no idea either. It came from nowhere and there was such a huge pivot. I think they had Season 11 all mapped out, where they were going to go, and suddenly it became, 'We also have to close the story, in a way.' It took everybody by surprise, so it was a massive pivot. And then, they threw in the six tacked-on episodes to Season 10, and instead of doing 16, we're going to do 24 more. There was a lot of stuff to wrap our heads around."

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished

The episode was fine. Unless I'm misremembering it, that wasn't how the Here's Negan comic went at all. Not really sure how I feel about 10C all-in-all

Some of the details were the same - Negan being a gym coach and cheating on Lucille but stopping after her diagnosis but other than that it was entirely different. The TV version was much more focused on Negan's relationship with Lucille and the comic was more focused on Negan becoming Negan and how he came to form his cult of personality. I think the show version was more emotionally resonant, but I don't think it would have worked for comic Negan at all.

10.C overall was a big mixed bag for me.:

Home Sweet Home was solid and I thought they were setting up a rough overarching storyline that would play out across the 6 episodes with the Reapers, but that didn't happen (maybe for the best as the show doing another "group of crazy bad guys" storyline would feel played out at this point).

Find Me was decent, and maybe planted some seeds for the spin off, but I felt like it kind of ripped off John and June's episode from S4 of Fear (and to a lesser extent, reminded me of Dwight and Sherry's situation from a few seasons ago).

One More was pretty good and helped flesh Gabe and Aaron out a bit.

Splinter gave us some interesting tidbits about Princess and the Commonwealth, but also gave off strong "this was filmed during quarantine and we don't want to advance this storyline in any meaningful way until S11" vibes.

Diverged - as much as I like the idea of following the characters through an average day in the post-post apocalypse...I mean that was straight up just a filler episode.

Here's Negan was a good showcase for JDM and Hilarie Burton, and provided some nice shading to Negan, but it also didn't really change our perception of him all that much, you know? It did present a very interesting divergence from the comic at the end there though, which will be interesting to watch play out next season. We never really got all that much Maggie x Negan stuff in the comic so that should be cool.

I thought this was pretty interesting. It really wasn't a mutual decision to end The Walking Dead and do a spin-off. AMC straight up canceled it.

collider.com

‘The Walking Dead’ Season 11 Wasn’t Originally Supposed to Be the Show’s Final Season, Says Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Was The Walking Dead cancelled? Show star Jeffrey Dean Morgan says the final season announcement was a surprise to the creators and showrunners.

I think that's somewhat misleading - they had a 16 episode season 11 "all mapped out", but then AMC "blindsided them" with news that the show would be ending...with an additional 14 episodes (aka almost an entire season's worth of episodes)? He makes it sound like the rug was pulled out from under them and "oh no what do we do" but S11 is going to be super sized and spread out over 2 years AND the main characters are getting a spin off the following year, so...this is about as good an end as any TV show gets.

At any rate, I'm curious to know what their original plans were - there genuinely isn't more than a season's worth of comic material left and even 16 episodes for what they have might be pushing it. Season 10 roughly covered 4 1/2 volumes of the comic (not counting 10.C, which was it's own little thing) and there's only 3 more volumes of the comic left so I guess they were planning on stretching things out quite a bit if they were thinking of possibly doing a full 12th season (and maybe even going beyond that).

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the details were the same - Negan being a gym coach and cheating on Lucille but stopping after her diagnosis but other than that it was entirely different. The TV version was much more focused on Negan's relationship with Lucille and the comic was more focused on Negan becoming Negan and how he came to form his cult of personality. I think the show version was more emotionally resonant, but I don't think it would have worked for comic Negan at all.

10.C overall was a big mixed bag for me.:

Home Sweet Home was solid and I thought they were setting up a rough overarching storyline that would play out across the 6 episodes with the Reapers, but that didn't happen (maybe for the best as the show doing another "group of crazy bad guys" storyline would feel played out at this point).

Find Me was decent, and maybe planted some seeds for the spin off, but I felt like it kind of ripped off John and June's episode from S4 of Fear (and to a lesser extent, reminded me of Dwight and Sherry's situation from a few seasons ago).

One More was pretty good and helped flesh Gabe and Aaron out a bit.

Splinter gave us some interesting tidbits about Princess and the Commonwealth, but also gave off strong "this was filmed during quarantine and we don't want to advance this storyline in any meaningful way until S11" vibes.

Diverged - as much as I like the idea of following the characters through an average day in the post-post apocalypse...I mean that was straight up just a filler episode.

Here's Negan was a good showcase for JDM and Hilarie Burton, and provided some nice shading to Negan, but it also didn't really change our perception of him all that much, you know? It did present a very interesting divergence from the comic at the end there though, which will be interesting to watch play out next season. We never really got all that much Maggie x Negan stuff in the comic so that should be cool.

I think that's somewhat misleading - they had a 16 episode season 11 "all mapped out", but then AMC "blindsided them" with news that the show would be ending...with an additional 14 episodes (aka almost an entire season's worth of episodes)? He makes it sound like the rug was pulled out from under them and "oh no what do we do" but S11 is going to be super sized and spread out over 2 years AND the main characters are getting a spin off the following year, so...this is about as good an end as any TV show gets.

At any rate, I'm curious to know what their original plans were - there genuinely isn't more than a season's worth of comic material left and even 16 episodes for what they have might be pushing it. Season 10 roughly covered 4 1/2 volumes of the comic (not counting 10.C, which was it's own little thing) and there's only 3 more volumes of the comic left so I guess they were planning on stretching things out quite a bit if they were thinking of possibly doing a full 12th season (and maybe even going beyond that).
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised to hear this wasn't their vision. I sort of assumed it was a mutual choice to splinter off the main leads and do something brand new with them instead of trying to drag out the main show in perpetuity.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Great episode and I'm so fucking glad
Negan is staying.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I feel like they're really reaching for material and it's clear the series needs to end but that Negan episode was so good.

Goddamn JDM is amazing in that role and has been from the start...

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Finally caught the Negan finale and thought it was great. Predictable, sure, but still really well done. I honestly feel an episode like this should have come much sooner for Negan. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I kinda miss the brutality this show had back when Negan killed Abe and Glenn. The Negan kills against the gang at the end were lame and basically all off camera or cut away.

Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised how good these six extra episodes were. The only one I didn't like was Diverged (Carol/Daryl episode) but the rest were great with One More being the highlight. I thought that episode was one of the best the series has ever done, period.

collider.com

Kinda sucks, but I honestly find it incredible the show was effectively cancelled because of an actual pandemic.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching Here's Negan. Easily the best episode of 10C, and probably one of my favorite episodes of the series? I loved Negan and Lucille as a couple because they felt so real, and it was good to finally see what led to the Saviors being formed. Also glad that Negan's sticking around for the final season, though I never really doubted that the show would diverge from the comics in that regard.

With that said though... What are the chances that Negan and Maggie will replace Rick and Sebastian, respectively? Because I feel like that's what they're setting up.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to watching Here's Negan. Easily the best episode of 10C, and probably one of my favorite episodes of the series? I loved Negan and Lucille as a couple because they felt so real, and it was good to finally see what led to the Saviors being formed. Also glad that Negan's sticking around for the final season, though I never really doubted that the show would diverge from the comics in that regard.

With that said though... What are the chances that Negan and Maggie will replace Rick and Sebastian, respectively? Because I feel like that's what they're setting up.
Well they are a real couple in real life lol.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland

Yeah, that was the only episode I enjoyed. Luckily, he's still there, as the other interesting characters from the comics, like Rick and Michonne, are gone. I really couldn't care less about characters like Darryl, since he wasn't there.

Have not seen Negan's yet, but this series of bonus episodes has been an absolute bore.

So, all these five episodes were those bonus ones, that concentrated on few characters? That would explain why the larger story didn't really move at all.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Here's Negan was really good. How does it compare to the comic? I heard middling things about it, so I'm curious if JDM's charisma and charm helped with the adaption.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Lucille is only a tiny part of the comic. It's still worth checking out though.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
uiGJhD9.png

Jacob Young (The Bold and the Beautiful) has joined the cast of The Walking Dead for its 11th and final season. Young will play Deaver. Character details are being kept under wraps.

deadline.com

‘The Power’ Casts Ana Ularu; ‘The Walking Dead’ Adds Jacob Young

Ana Ularu (Tribes of Europa) is set for a recurring role in The Power, the 10-part global thriller based on Naomi Alderman’s bestselling novel.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I've finally watched all these 6 episodes now and I'm surprised at how good they've been. Much smaller more focussed on the characters. Daryl and Carol seemingly having more dialogue with each other than perhaps they ever had. To be honest I'd kinda forgotten whatever it was that seemed to be the problem between them, the last couple of seasons seemed so vague on almost everything between them, or maybe I just wasn't paying attention very much because the show as a whole was getting pretty bad.

It feels like these 6 episodes actually recovered a lot of what's been missing for a while. I'm actually on board for what is now the final season, and hope this level of quality stays. Even just directing wise these episodes have been better. The show was a bit corny and felt less real in recent seasons but this feels back on track.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Watching on Disney Plus, Whisperers really outgrew their welcome so glad they got taken care of so quick. I like the desperation in the supplementary episodes, especially One More.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
The weirder thing is that it is only the walking dead, and not any of the spinoff.
That one is weird in the US too. TWD's first nine seasons are on Netflix, Fear's first five seasons are on Hulu, and TWD's tenth season and Fear's sixth season are on AMC+.