• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Breaking Bad is in the same universe :o
Well, they did reference that show a loooong time ago iirc. Doubt they'll do anything direct with it, but I can see a few nods happening.

Is that dude anybody though? They kept his identity a secret for so long.
I don't remember if they ever revealed his name, but he's a famous country musician in-universe. They first showed his face (and played one of his songs?) in season five of Fear the Walking Dead.

Connie. Kelly's sister.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Here's the OT for World Beyond, if anyone wants to discuss that now that it's airing:

www.resetera.com

The Walking Dead: World Beyond - TWD does YA - Sundays on AMC

The second (of many!) Walking Dead spin-off, 'World Beyond,' will oficially premiere Sunday, October 4 at 10/9c. The series will debut early via AMC+ on Thursday, October 1. The first season will consist of 10 x 60 minute episodes. Conceived of as a limited two season event, a second and final...

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like Connie might only be in one episode next season? :(

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad finale, kind of started slow but definitely picked up by the end. I'm also really glad the Whisperer arc is over and we got some nice teases with Eugene and his group as well as with Maggie back in the picture.
Stormtroopers :o

Wearing masks and keeping distance, right on
That, and I couldn't help but think of the Capitol guards from The Hunger Games lol

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Eh, I thought it was kind of a weak season finale, IMO.

It's weird because their situation was amazingly dire and yet I felt no suspense or that much tension because you just knew no one important was really going to die aside from Beta, which I thought happened way too fast and it was very anticlimactic.

Overall though I did like the Whisperers arc.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I thought Ninja dude with Maggie was Morgan for a second.
I'm guessing he's a completely new character now.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The Daryl and Carol spinoff is totally going to be about a road trip to New Mexico.
Looks like I wasn't far off the mark. Norman Reedus just said on Talking Dead that the new show is about Carol and Daryl on the road, seeing what's left of the world.

I thought Ninja dude with Maggie was Morgan for a second.
I'm guessing he's a completely new character now.
It's definitely not Morgan. Morgan is the lead of Fear the Walking Dead now.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of lemmings CG in this ep. Guess that's why they couldn't finish before.

I don't remember if they ever revealed his name, but he's a famous country musician in-universe. They first showed his face (and played one of his songs?) in season five of Fear the Walking Dead.

And we saw more in this season when he went crazy and went back home.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
It's definitely not Morgan. Morgan is the lead of Fear the Walking Dead now.
I dropped that show ever since they killed off
Nick
But aren't they still technically behind in the time line compare to the main show?
Like is Morgan still out there and alive during the current events of the main show?

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped that show ever since they killed off
Nick
But aren't they still technically behind in the time line compare to the main show?
Like is Morgan still out there and alive during the current events of the main show?
You're right about them being behind the main show in the timeline again, but even so, I just don't see Lennie James filming for both Fear and TWD. Especially since there would be overlap between filming for the two, and the shows are filmed in different states. It'd be a lot of work. It could happen, but I don't think it will, unless Fear's sixth season ends up being its last.

I think it's more likely that the masked person is just someone from the comics, like RatskyWatsky suggested earlier.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
So, they just left the horses then? I saw no indication otherwise. That's crappy. It would take seconds to chop the ties.

I had forgotten who Connie was. I didn't recognize her in the show there, and she wasn't in the preview at the start.

Otherwise, solid enough finale. I liked the
Beta ending.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
This episode wasn't bad at all, but it kind of did nothing for me. I thought I would be so happy to see Maggie again... but it felt very underwhelming. I had a real feeling of exhaustion during the whole episode.

Maybe it's a sign that I could be finally done with TWD after 10 seasons? I don't know... I'll watch the bonus episodes and I guess I'll see if I continue watching the show or not.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
This episode wasn't bad at all, but it kind of did nothing for me. I thought I would be so happy to see Maggie again... but it felt very underwhelming. I had a real feeling of exhaustion during the whole episode.

Maybe it's a sign that I could be finally done with TWD after 10 seasons? I don't know... I'll watch the bonus episodes and I guess I'll see if I continue watching the show or not.

only 30 more episodes until it's done

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So I've kind of been debating creating an OT for The Walking Dead as a whole (so it'd include the comics, games, etc. rather than focusing on just the shows). I'm kind of surprised that Era doesn't already have one to be honest, though I know the franchise generally isn't quite as loved here as it is elsewhere. I think it'd be nice; we'd have a place to talk about things other than just the shows (such as the comics, which are getting a new full-color run beginning this week, and could be fun to go through as the issues release), and it could also be nice for some discussion in the off-seasons.

Does anyone oppose, or think they'd participate in such a thread? If the latter, any suggestions as to what to include in it?

Last edited:

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I've kind of been debating creating an OT for The Walking Dead as a whole (so it'd include the comics, games, etc. rather than focusing on just the shows). I'm kind of surprised that Era doesn't already have one to be honest, though I know the franchise generally isn't quite as loved here as it is elsewhere. I think it'd be nice; we'd have a place to talk about things other than just the shows (such as the comics, which are getting a new full-color run beginning this week, and could be fun to go through as the issues release), and it could also be nice for some discussion in the off-seasons.

Does anyone oppose, or think they'd participate in such a thread? If the latter, any suggestions as to what to include in it?

I would say go for it. You could include info about s10.5 and 11, the movies, Tales from twd, and the Daryl/Carol spinoff.

I have all the compendiums so I probably I won't be buying the color issues sadly.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The comic thread is pretty dead already but a general news/catch all thread might be cool!

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Here it is!

www.resetera.com

The Walking Dead |OT| Zombies, Clementines, and helicopters. Oh my! OT

Miscellaneous Links Timelines Comic universe timeline (Wikia) AMC universe timeline (Wikia) Official social media accounts The Walking Dead (Twitter | Instagram | YouTube) AMC's The Walking Dead (Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube) Fear the Walking Dead (Twitter | Facebook |...

Suggestions are welcome for the thread's title... As you can tell, I couldn't think of one, lol.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I liked it, despite being safe and pretty slow/not as eventful as other finales (it was obvious covid impacted everything and that they were incredibly limited). I've been a longtime TWD fan and after some of the previous seasons I never really thought the show would be worth watching again.

The cliff scene was such a nice change of scenery/imagery and I thought it was pretty nicely executed/directed.

I especially liked the episode before this finale, thought it was one of the best TWD episodes in quite a while. The entire season has been a huge step up and I'm glad I stuck around long enough to see things turn around. I hope the future of the show continues to pick up and hopefully starts to move towards the quality of the earlier seasons.

It will likely never be as good as the first couple of seasons but I'm just glad it's worth spending the time to watch again.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finally getting to season 10 and I'm really enjoying it. I cannot wait for the eventual Alpha vs. Carol battle.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I'm finally getting to season 10 and I'm really enjoying it. I cannot wait for the eventual Alpha vs. Carol battle.
Enjoy! It's a solid season with plenty of good episodes. I also think it's one of those seasons that's probably best when binged, so have fun!

EDIT: The NYCC panel didn't have much news, but Hardwick said during that Talking Dead isn't back on until November 22nd. Apparently that episode will be about the AMC TWD universe as a whole rather than just about Fear or World Beyond. Wonder if there might be some news then. And of course, the only thing Gimple said about the movies was "we're working on it" lol.

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed that a commercial for AMC+ touted "exclusive access to The Walking Dead season 10". I guess AMC is leaving Netflix behind now?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed that a commercial for AMC+ touted "exclusive access to The Walking Dead season 10". I guess AMC is leaving Netflix behind now?
Don't seasons of TWD usually drop on Netflix like a month before the new season starts? They'll probably put S10 on there late next summer.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I didn't expect these episodes to actually advance the plot, but it does sound like we'll get a bit of that.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, awesome news.

Really hope that "conclusion about Negan's future" isn't him choosing to leave like he did in the comics.
It has the same name as the comic so expect it.

I'm sure he wil come back at some point in S11. He returned at the last issue of the comic after all.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, awesome news.

Really hope that "conclusion about Negan's future" isn't him choosing to leave like he did in the comics.
I feel like logistically just with what characters are no longer on the show it makes sense for him to stay, but plot wise it makes more sense for him to leave given Maggie is returning..