• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Finally! I'm going to have to watch last 1-2 episodes so it will feel like some sort of finale instead of a one off episode.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So how's this gonna work for people who bought season 10 on streaming services? I'm assuming ep 16 will be a part of the season still or will it be categorized as season 11 or its own thing?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So how's this gonna work for people who bought season 10 on streaming services? I'm assuming ep 16 will be a part of the season still or will it be categorized as season 11 or its own thing?
The finale should just be part of season ten. Now as for the extra six episodes coming next year, I have no idea how they'll sell them.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
RatskyWatsky When is the World Beyond OT going up? In time for the Thursday early premiere, or will it be closer to Sunday? (Or are you even doing an OT for that show?)

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
RatskyWatsky When is the World Beyond OT going up? In time for the Thursday early premiere, or will it be closer to Sunday? (Or are you even doing an OT for that show?)
www.resetera.com

The Walking Dead: World Beyond - TWD does YA - Sundays on AMC

The second (of many!) Walking Dead spin-off, 'World Beyond,' will oficially premiere Sunday, October 4 at 10/9c. The series will debut early via AMC+ on Thursday, October 1. The first season will consist of 10 x 60 minute episodes. Conceived of as a limited two season event, a second and final...

:)

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"really really deep dives into some of our characters... something that is a little bit different from the main part of season 10... follow different people"

That was from I think a showrunner, on last nights TWD special with Hardwick about the upcoming additional 6 episodes.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the finale will be up early later today on AMC+

Remember to spoiler tag discussion until the episode airs on the 4th

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the episode is already available to watch on Premiere. About to dive in!

EDIT: Just finished the episode. Don't click the spoiler tag unless you want... well, spoilers.

I thought it was a pretty great episode all in all. I think the way they started the last encounter with the Whisperers was really cool, with everyone trying to silently take out folks while disguised in the horde. I also liked the choice of music when Daryl and the gang were leading the horde away, lol.

Negan's "hey shithead" was great, and I'm glad that Daryl finally took out Beta, though it did feel a little anticlimactic. Similarly, I was kind of expecting something else in terms of Maggie finally rejoining the group. I mean, I'm glad Gabriel didn't die, but the way Maggie and the masked person swooped in at the last second to save him just felt a little... I dunno, convenient. But this is TWD, so I shouldn't be too surprised I guess lol.

Also, looks like we are going right into the Commonwealth arc now, with the armored soldiers coming across Eugene's group at the end when they finally got to the meeting place. If I remember right, that's supposed to be Charleston WV, right? Interesting that they moved its location, since I think it's in Ohio in the comics. It's not that big a move, but still. I wonder what the reasoning is.

Gonna be fun to see if they try to recreate any recognizable locations from Charleston next season. I'm still thrilled that my city seems to be in the show now lol, even if they aren't gonna film here or anything. Though I guess there's also the possibility that the Commonwealth is still in Ohio, and the soldiers just take Eugene's group there.

All in all, I enjoyed the episode and can't wait for the final season. On to World Beyond now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the finale was solid. Nothing mind blowing, and it sucks that we had to wait all this time for it, but it wrapped things up nicely at least.

Random thoughts:

Kinda bummed that nothing happened to any of the major characters at the end there. Like that moment in the comic.

Maggie's return felt pretty weightless - I figured she'd swoop in to save the day or something but she just sort of sauntered in after the battle was already over. It felt anti climactic after all the "Maggie's back!" hype. Ditto to when she read the letter about Jesus and Tara's deaths, we barely got to see her react to it.

Hmm, so Connie was picked up by Virgil...I honestly never thought we'd see him again. No idea what the writers intend to do there. Is he going to take her back to his island as a captive ("be my new wife!") or is he going to just bring her back to the community and live there with them after all (even though he told Michonne he wanted to stay on the island with his dead family)?

Beta's death was abrupt, but also much cooler than in the comic (and I'm glad they definitively ended the Whisperer storyline here instead of extending it into the next arc like the comic (slightly) did)

The Commonwealth is here! And they've got the armor! yess :D

I'm guessing "Carol and Daryl in New Mexico" is their idea/plan for the spin off? Fear the Walking Dead moved away from the desert so it would be nice to go back to a similar location. Maybe they can film in Albuquerque and reap those tax benefits~

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, the finale was solid. Nothing mind blowing, and it sucks that we had to wait all this time for it, but it wrapped things up nicely at least.

Random thoughts:

Kinda bummed that nothing happened to any of the major characters at the end there. Like that moment in the comic.

Maggie's return felt pretty weightless - I figured she'd swoop in to save the day or something but she just sort of sauntered in after the battle was already over. It felt anti climactic after all the "Maggie's back!" hype. Ditto to when she read the letter about Jesus and Tara's deaths, we barely got to see her react to it.

Hmm, so Connie was picked up by Virgil...I honestly never thought we'd see him again. No idea what the writers intend to do there. Is he going to take her back to his island as a captive ("be my new wife!") or is he going to just bring her back to the community and live there with them after all (even though he told Michonne he wanted to stay on the island with his dead family)?

Beta's death was abrupt, but also much cooler than in the comic (and I'm glad they definitively ended the Whisperer storyline here instead of extending it into the next arc like the comic (slightly) did)

I'm guessing "Carol and Daryl in New Mexico" is their idea/plan for the spin off? Fear the Walking Dead moved away from the desert so it would be nice to go back to a similar location. Maybe they can film in Albuquerque and reap those tax benefits~

pretty good finale even though nothing surprising happened.

loved seeing the commonwealth soldiers. Feels like the beginning of the end now.

Agreed that the Carol/Daryl show seems to be gong to NM

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I completely forgot we never got the the last episode of the current season. Wow....2020 is something else.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Random thoughts:

Agreed on that being a clear nod towards the spinoff. I thought the episode was pretty mediocre. It was underwhelming to have them just...kill all the whisperers in like a 30 second montage of them stabbing them while Beta spins around confused lol It all just felt pretty anticlimactic. Also agreed that they didn't really do much with Maggie which was a disappointment.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
the best part was the random masked person that people spent months theorizing about was just a friend of Maggie's. Did they even unmask them? Lol

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
I legit thought at the end of the finale
that stormtroopers started to run on screen. Good lord those outfits are bad lol.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I legit thought at the end of the finale
that stormtroopers started to run on screen. Good lord those outfits are bad lol.
They look comic-accurate at least:

latest

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
the best part was the random masked person that people spent months theorizing about was just a friend of Maggie's. Did they even unmask them? Lol

I think next season we'll learn that it was a comic character that they hadn't cast yet, sort of like how we only saw Michonne's silhouette at the end of S2 because they hadn't cast Danai at that point.

captainzombie

Nov 29, 2017
Going to be re-watching the last 2 episodes before the finale tonight. Can't even remember some of the things that happened. Hoping that The World Beyond is good.

It feels like a long time coming, but we are finally here.

Oct 25, 2017
The first episode is solid at least, and since it has a predetermined ending, it should be better about feeling like it's working along a set story rather than meandering a bit like the other shows occasionally have. I think it's worth giving a shot.

I suppose I should PVR it

Might be a lack of new content for Fall tv season? Especially with the lack of NHL and NBA :|

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
The Daryl and Carol spinoff is totally going to be about a road trip to New Mexico.

Connie lives! :)