• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Decent episode, and cool that we're starting to get new characters. Also, weird to think that the next episode is the last one we'll get for a while.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Decent episode, but it's weird to think the next will be the last one we get for a while.
I really hope it doesn't end on a big cliffhanger or something. It would really benefit from being like last season's penultimate episode, where it sort of wraps up the current storyline, while the actual finale sets up the next season.

Aug 7, 2019
I really hope it doesn't end on a big cliffhanger or something. It would really benefit from being like last season's penultimate episode, where it sort of wraps up the current storyline, while the actual finale sets up the next season.

A Certain Doom
Beta engages the final battle of the Whisperer War.

So yeah might be an even worse cliffhanger than the Lucille one

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there was a new episode tonight?? When I turned on my TV, it was showing the episode where Carol and them were stuck in the cave.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh thank goodness, Carol's finally getting her shit back together~

*5 minutes later*

...goddammit Carol.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Is that what happened to World Beyond?
They only gave that reason for the main show's finale. They didn't say why World Beyond was delayed, though if they work on the main show this close to airing, then I wouldn't be surprised if World Beyond isn't 100% finished right now either.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
I think it would've been better if AMC just held onto episode 15 until the finale was ready. This episode felt more like a mid-season by setting up some things to come, whereas the penultimate will probably have a much larger cliffhanger.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was a fine episode. So glad Negan is fun again. On the flipside, how many more times are we gonna through the "Carol should leave and is mentally unstable" storyline? Feels like they do it like twice per season now.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
This was a fine episode. So glad Negan is fun again. On the flipside, how many more times are we gonna through the "Carol should leave and is mentally unstable" storyline? Feels like they do it like twice per season now.
it's always a problem with shows like this that are bit meandering with pace at times, and the writing staff isn't the greatest, and most importantly it's very long running....keep dipping into the same wells as contrivances to get whatever X moment they need.

Definitely feel you on that. I guess they keep trying to nerf her or else she would be too OP.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The way certain characters (Carol, Darryl, Michonne) continually loop through phases of "I can't be part of this anymore, I must take my Mega PTSD into the wilderness" alternating with "I am a cornerstone of the community and my leadership is essential" annoys the crap outta me, too.

Although. I mean. I think it's a realistic thing to depict, in a way. As much as I'd like the characters to pick a damn lane and quit having this same tortuous debate with themselves and/or the spectres of their conscience, it also makes sense to me that they're excruciatingly ambivalent about being with other people versus being alone. How they continue to struggle with finding balance in that contradiction can be -- though rarely is in practice -- a real strength of the show.

FWIW, I thought Carol's TraumaQuest 6.0 with Alpha in tow was pretty well done. At first when I realized what was happening I groaned, but the execution was better than expected.

"Look at the flowers...like you're supposed to."

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
I'm loving this season. Lots of good moments and creepy parts.

Is this the best season of Walking Dead?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I like that they kept Ezekiel (the King) around to meet Princess.

"Why Princess?"
"Because Queen makes me sound old and pretentious"
*cut to Yumiko side eyeing Ezekiel*

lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Paola Lazaro - I wasn't too sure about her character's introduction at the end of episode 14, but she's pretty much nailing it thus far.

EDIT: Nice Kelly-to-Carol pep talk there.

EDIT 2: The scene with Daryl and Judith at the end was nice too.

Anyway, pretty solid episode, though obviously it doesn't work that well as a season finale. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the actual finale...

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
This weekend's episode is decent overall, but I am a bit mixed on it.
+ Princess is a fantastic character. I haven't read far enough in the comics to know how she is in them, but I love how she's characterized here. She's a bit ditzy, and that leads to an entertaining (but harrowing) trip when she wants to keep spending time with Eugene and the gang. But there are some pretty real emotions driving her actions. When she opened up about how lonely she was, I couldn't not love her. Her words hit very close to home for me.
+ Judith and Daryl bonding a bit was good to see. Judith's development so far reminds me of Carl's, but done better. She starts off innocent but strong, but they're slowly making her more accustomed to how hard the world is when they don't have peace and safety behind their walls. I used to be confused about why they didn't kill her off back at the prison in seasons three and four, but keeping her alive is probably one of my favorite changes the show has made compared to the comics. It's really paying off.
+ Negan and Lydia. I don't have much to say, but it's a really interesting dynamic since Negan killed Alpha, and Lydia hated her but also still loved her, being family and all.

- It feels like there was an episode cut between the last one and this one. The last episode ended with everyone at Alexandria, and Daryl letting Carol in the gates. Now, everyone is suddenly holed up at a hospital somewhere (seriously, what town/city is that supposed to be, and how did the group know of it and plan to go there?), while Beta and the Whisperers have invaded Alexandria. I'm guessing the Alexandrians caught wind of his attack and left in time, but they don't show or explain anything about what happened between these episodes, so it's just a bit jarring.
- They really didn't even try to hide the fact that that the hospital is the same place they filmed at in season 5A. I recognized it the first time they showed it this episode. Took me out of the moment.
- I know this one's just because of current circumstances and not because it was planned, but this wasn't a great episode to temporarily end the season on. There's no sense of resolution to anything going on in the story, and it was definitely one of those episodes that mainly serves to set up the next one. Doesn't help that there wasn't a preview of the season finale afterwards this time, but again, I understand why. It's just a crappy situation that's out of their control right now.
I really hope it doesn't take too terribly long for the finale to air. I know it won't be any time soon, but it just kind of feels like a bummer that this is what we're leaving off on for now.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
- It feels like there was an episode cut between the last one and this one. The last episode ended with everyone at Alexandria, and Daryl letting Carol in the gates. Now, everyone is suddenly holed up at a hospital somewhere (seriously, what town/city is that supposed to be, and how did the group know of it and plan to go there?), while Beta and the Whisperers have invaded Alexandria. I'm guessing the Alexandrians caught wind of his attack and left in time, but they don't show or explain anything about what happened between these episodes, so it's just a bit jarring.

They 100% should have explained this better, yeah. They sacrificed clarity for surprise, which isn't usually a good idea.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I was meh on Princess in the comic but boy do I love her here. I can't wait to see more of her.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight!

The Tower

The survivors are still dealing with the Whisperer's horrific display of power, reluctantly respecting the new borders imposed on them, all while organizing into a militia-style fighting force, preparing for a battle that may be unavoidable.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey there's Negan.
Good little moments in these scenes with Judith.

The tension when they were in the windmill was really good.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO
Anyone have another canteen?
Edit:
"This is exactly the kind of thing I was afraid of."
Suuure lmao
Those did she just eeny, meeny, miny, moe this expressions lol

Damn that's actually quite touching.
Well said Eugene.

Last edited:

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hey, they did have the preview for next week's episode done. Was worried since it didn't play after the episode on AMC Premiere.
Sad that it didn't even hint at Maggie's return. I really hope that their plans to have Lauren Cohan in this season didn't get cancelled. I know she's in next season for sure, but it's coming down to the wire for this one lol.
Also, that short teaser for World Beyond was pretty cool.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I loved Princess. That episode was really just setup for the finale though.

The World Beyond trailer almost looked like it could b e a teaser for the Rick movies.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Princess is fun, but this episode was...meh for the most part.

Hopefully the wait for the finale won't be too long.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, they did have the preview for next week's episode done. Was worried since it didn't play after the episode on AMC Premiere.
Sad that it didn't even hint at Maggie's return. I really hope that their plans to have Lauren Cohan in this season didn't get cancelled. I know she's in next season for sure, but it's coming down to the wire for this one lol.
Also, that short teaser for World Beyond was pretty cool.
Yeah, the 35 seconds of the preview are in the video they just posted now too:

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I usually dislike child actors but I feel Cailey Fleming does a good job on the show as Judith.

They also somehow made the new season of Fear look interesting...

dustyherb

Oct 25, 2017
CO
Damn I love Princess already! Really sucks that we have to wait since this episode was a lot of build up, but a lot of really good moments as well. Really loved the Negan and Lydia scenes. Also I wonder if Maggie is going to show up in the final episode?

That world beyond teaser was super exciting, showing Rick and Jadis at the beginning. Also damn fear season 6 looks actually fucking good???

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. They just showed the first teaser for season six of Fear during commercials for Talking Dead. It looked... well, good?

I dare not get my hopes up after how atrocious seasons four and five turned out to be though. Still the same people behind the wheel as those seasons, so I'm not expecting anything good...

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Here's another preview for the season finale!

Maggie is back!