• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
That episode was dogshit, barely anything happened. If you're going to split up seasons like that, come back with something hot.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
This episode was shit. Ten minutes of watching the entire cast play "the floor is lava" platforming segments. Make the fat guy get stuck squeezing through a hole like some cartoon. Whole episode taking place inside of a fake ass looking styrofoam cave. And that Negan and Alpha scene was one of the goofiest things this show has ever done.

Cave cliffhanger was dumb to begin with, but picking up three months later with a bottle episode like this, and then having another cave-related cliffhanger is just ugh. Doesn't bode well for the pacing of this back half.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh episode. A good chunk of it just felt boring and I'm really getting tired of Carol.

Hopefully this half of the season is a little more exciting than the other, but this episode doesn't make me too confident.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Carol a pathetic mess.

Negan and Alpha hooking up.

I felt personally attacked by this episode.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I stopped watching back in Season 6 when Carol was still cool.
I still get to keep that image of her in my mind by not having watched them ruin her over 4 subsequent seasons.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped watching back in Season 6 when Carol was still cool.
I still get to keep that image of her in my mind by not having watched them ruin her over 4 subsequent seasons.

They haven't ruined her at all though - she suffered a huge trauma about 10 episodes ago (one that relates to what she went through in S2 and then again in S4) and is understandably dealing with it poorly. It's a little frustrating to watch a character who has been so steely and confident make a series of rookie mistakes that put everyone in danger, but her behavior makes complete sense given the circumstances.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I hate what they've done to Carol. She was turning into a badass and then they just neutered her.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That was a weak episode to return on. Obviously they can't film in a real cave, but that set looked so fake it was a joke. Fuck Carol.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Can this show just end already?
I just want to see that Rick Grimes trilogy movies and be done with this franchise.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't like this episode at all, and it unfortunately follows the trend of this season after the surprisingly excellent last season. Even during the worst Negan days or the useless Terminus arc, at least the first and last episode of a half-season was always exciting, here they failed to make compelling stuff both for the mid-season finale and the second half's beginning.

There's a myriad of things that are wrong, really. First of all, this goes without saying, is that after surviving a decade and beyond in a zombie apocalypse, they still do ridiculously dumb shit. Let's all go together in an unknown cave without telling anybody! Let's crawl through a tight hole without making sure we can all go through, and without getting the bags off the larger people! Let's do solo missions trying to blow the whole place up!

Then of course the fact this episode was so damn dark that half the action was impossible to follow, and I have a good TV. That shoe definitely looked bloody but it was too dark to tell if he really got bit. If they have budget issues and they have to shoot whole episodes inside fake ass caves, maybe it's time to get rid of some characters nobody cares about. We risk losing two new and more interesting characters after this trip, when at this point it's becoming clear that it's the likes of Carol that needs to go. Not only she's effectively damaging her group, her constant swings between being a badass warrior and a moody mom are, at this point, annoying, because these arcs have been done around her too many times already.

Also I don't believe it for an instant it only just came out that she's claustrophobic. Haven't they lived in a prison for a while? Weren't they closed in a train wagon in Terminus? And likely half a million situations that came out throughout the years? The fact nobody ever suspected it considering how badly she reacts to closed spaces is simply not believeable. The fact her son died doesn't make her claustrophobia a thousand times worse for some reason.

The only saving grace of this episode was the Negan arc among the whisperers, albeit the whole sexy time with Alpha is gross. But that's kinda the point. Overall a very weak episode for a comeback that definitely lowers my expectations and enthusiasm for the rest of the season. They should really consider pumping out episodes slower, like HBO or some Netflix shows do, or simply make the seasons shorter. Clearly they don't have enough material/budget to fill out 16 episodes per year, and while last season they had to juggle between so many things (two time skips, various important character deaths, a new villain group, a Romeo & Juliet storyline with them), this season we're totally back to the Negan days off "let's see how many episodes we can go without progressing the war".

Disappointing. As I've said many times, chances are I'll follow this series to the end. They have some excellent characters and they know how to make good stuff, it's just that there's many episodes like these where they throw a bunch of clichés, dumb actions and forgettable dialogue at the viewer and call it a day. A show needs such episodes in the first seasons at best, not after 10 during a deadly war.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine.

If they had followed the comic route. They could have written a satisfying (if not somewhat quick) ending.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
IDK. I just wonder how a faithful adapation to the comics would've been received, at least it would have had an endpoint. I sometimes wonder if this show will go on well past it's expiration date.

I'm sure they have an endpoint for the show in mind, despite what they like to tell their shareholders.

Aug 7, 2019
Looking at the Season 10 finale title, I think Season 11 is going to be announced as the final season

The pace of tonight's ep will also assuage many fears

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Surprised nobody's live-posting about this episode. I thought it was really good.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize Doctor Who was going to go half over so I was half watching the first half hour.

Damn even in the shadows sneaking around he looks huge
Unfortunately for you guard you're not the one that's gonna be able to kill Beta.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just saw plot armor protect someone for the moment...this episode is kind of directed in old fashioned horror/suspense style though.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The scenes of Beta sneaking around at night and stabbing people were actually pretty creepy.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah, Judith.
Yup, figured he'd survive that shot but still cool. He definitely gives off the creepy vibe in the dark like this.

I hate what they've done to Carol. She was turning into a badass and then they just neutered her.
Yeah, I love her character so that's been my main disappointment, how far they've dropped her and even more so since I thought they were using that happening to finally bring back her badass side for payback. And then it just kinda derailed and she went the total opposite direction as they made her lose it last season instead. Was my main issue with the season since I quite liked last season.

J_Macgrady

Oct 25, 2017
Daryl and Alpha really stayed in that spot the whole day and just started interacting with each other at night

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, they're both busted up and having a talk heh
Wasn't expecting Alpha to be hurt enough to keep her down too with Daryl.

Looks like you got close Daryl.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better episode than last week, but I think I'm ready for this story arc to end which should hopefully be soon.

Also, the plot armor is strong with Beta.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is Michonne basically written off the show at this point?

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think after all this time when someone gets the drop on one of the leaders of the enemy you slice first, ask questions later and not let them bodyslam you into a wall.....

Judith should also know to shoot multiple times =/

Other than that it was OK

Alpha is such a cartoon character, she comes off as silly

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Also I don't believe it for an instant it only just came out that she's claustrophobic. Haven't they lived in a prison for a while? Weren't they closed in a train wagon in Terminus? And likely half a million situations that came out throughout the years? The fact nobody ever suspected it considering how badly she reacts to closed spaces is simply not believeable. The fact her son died doesn't make her claustrophobia a thousand times worse for some reason.

Actually Carol's claustrophobia goes back to season 1, she talks about being claustrophobic.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Is Michonne basically written off the show at this point?
she's just gone. what a shitty way to finish out her time on the show. I'll never forget her showing up at the end of S2.

No, she'll be back. Episode 13, "What We Become," is a Michonne centric episode that takes place on that island she went to with Virgil. I'm not sure if that's her last episode or if she'll finish out the rest of the season, however. I imagine, given the title of the finale, that
someone will end up with Andrea's comic death. Would be fitting for it to be Michonne given the connection she and Andrea shared in S3 of the show, not to mention the fact that Show Michonne took over for Comic Andrea wrt the Rick/Carl relationship stuff.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That ep was some improvement. I think IRL Daryl would be dead, after seeing that blood spurt from his thigh and he was there for hours.

Would a vest have stopped a bullet from Judith's gun?

Seasons ago the trick to not getting savaged by walkers was being covered in walker guts and blood. Now it seems like just not bathing for a while and wearing a dry face mask is all that's needed.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Seasons ago the trick to not getting savaged by walkers was being covered in walker guts and blood. Now it seems like just not bathing for a while and wearing a dry face mask is all that's needed.

It's one of the things that irks me the most with this show or any show, really. I'm a stickler for details, and while most people probably don't care or don't think it's a big deal, I love when a show can stick to its lore or rules over long periods of time and make it work. This show, for a long time now, just has the writers do whatever they want to move the narrative along.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the things that irks me the most with this show or any show, really. I'm a stickler for details, and while most people probably don't care or don't think it's a big deal, I love when a show can stick to its lore or rules over long periods of time and make it work. This show, for a long time now, just has the writers do whatever they want to move the narrative along.
Speaking of that what about dental hygiene?

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
After a couple of stupid seasons focused on Negan and his rednecks, I'm liking the last couple of seasons with the Whisperers. Alpha and Beta are creepy AF. The show going back to it's horror roots has been great. Friggin' psycho, slasher, creeping me out vibes is working for me.

Viriditas

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Paused the Squeeze episode at this spot unintentionally when I was watching it. I lol'd.

dVj1OJZ.jpg

Bow chicka bow wow.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a better episode than last week's because at least something happens. Still, they are definitely doing the potentially really cool things in the goofiest ways possible. Beta just waits underground for a day, kills a bunch of no-name randoms, gets attacked by 25 main characters who, however, don't understand to this day that just bumping into somebody doesn't incapacitate them or kill them. I don't understand why nobody went for the kill, at all. Same thing for the Darryll-Alpha situation: Darryll stayed there like 5 minutes half dead to carve a message into the table, but he couldn't just murder the bad guy who murdered a dozen of his friends. Like these situations could have been legit cool, but they are still playing them so damn goofy.