• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
unknown.png

From SEGA Sammy's end-of-year report

There was some confusion as to what the Virtua Fighter announcement was, but it's pretty clear here.

Superblatt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
This just means they're going for a big audience and will treat it as a games-as-service "live" platform. Makes perfect sense and super pumped to see the original king of 3D fighters return!

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Rad, I'd love to see VF resurrected. Even if it's just a visual overhaul of VF5 FS, but with some more new content, I'd be good with that. I hope there's some form of single-player mode though.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Remastered Virtua Fighter 1 for competetive play?

an actual arcade fighting simulator again, finally? YES. PLEASE.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see it spelled out.

I am not expecting a huge-budget cutting-edge project here (like prior VF games), personally. I think we'll see a lot of the same assets as Final Shodown but with rebalanced mechanics, a new UI, and a low price tag.

ShaqtinFools

Nov 17, 2020
If it's a new game with a new roster I really hope they add some Yakuza characters. Mainly Kiryu. If they aren't going to let him be a guest character in other games, they better give him some damn representation here.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, any company not called Riot Games describing their title as 'esports focused' have an extremely high probability of falling flat on their faces on release. Still, we shall see; Pyro Pyro Champions was decent.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Very dumb to keep it localized to a single region at first in this day and age.

Vespa

Oct 26, 2017
VF 1-5 would be perfect for a Master Chief Collection treatment. Online + home content (and more) whilst we wait for the 'restart'.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Best of luck to them, we need a new VF to be good and do well.

VF5 still has the best character animation in a 3D fighter so I'd be perfectly okay with them building on top of it.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
So we can expect zero single player modes / quest mode. I have a feeling it's gonna make the same mistake sf5 did at launch with only online versus. I could be wrong but when I think "esport focus" I think games like Valorant and Overwatch where its focused online competition with no single player content to speak of.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
This kinda what Tekken 7 did. Its a good way to release something "unfinished" and not get backlash from general people for not being "content complete". Ill wait and see what they do.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
An all new VF would be great, but a retooled and rebalanced VF5 on modern platforms with a new marketing push is still acceptable to me.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I mean I'll take it 🤷‍♂️ VF5 still looks great, it'd be nice to actually have people playing online.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
... They do know that you have to make the game aesthetically appealing to get it esport ready, right?

You know, THE weakness of VF?