• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018

Whoopi Goldberg appeared to hit a breaking point with Meghan McCain on Monday's episode.

the-view-3.jpg

The spat began during the aptly named Hot Topics segment at the top of the show.

Co-host Sunny Hostin pointed out that many of the Republicans who voted to convict Bill Clinton on perjury charges are the same ones willing to acquit President Trump for "clearly wanting to use a foreign government for his own personal benefit to impede our very democracy."

"That is the height of hypocrisy for this Republican-led Senate," Hostin said.

McCain responded that her job as a "View" co-host, as well as an ABC News political correspondent, meant that she is on the show not to "litigate the ethics" of impeachment but to analyze the politics of the situation. Before McCain could finish her statement, Hostin interjected, saying that she was not speaking about McCain but about the Republicans in the Senate.

McCain pushed back, telling Hostin to let her finish, but Whoopi Goldberg, typically the voice of reason on the panel, wasn't having it. As Goldberg tried to change subjects, McCain talked over her, complaining, "Do you want to hear a conservative perspective on this show ever?"

"Girl, please stop talking," Goldberg responded. "Please stop talking right now."
McCain, visibly shocked, responded with what some social media users have likened to a temper tantrum. "No problem," McCain insisted, rolling her eyes. "I won't talk the rest of the show."

"I'm okay with that," Goldberg responded, which incited murmurs from the audience. "I'm okay with that. If you are going to behave like this."

More at the link.

Sound familiar?

Get rightfully called out, and then be the victim if old.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
When you have no defense against the argument attempt to recontextualize it into something you can defend rather than address it. Hope nobody notices.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
How is that not the only thing anyone ever says to her on that show?

Or, you know, ever?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
As far as twitter is concerned Whoopi just gave everyone an early Christmas present.

All this nonsense. The conflict is exaggerated. Otherwise they'd just get rid of the conservative on the panel.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Do YOU WAnt TO hEaR a COnsERVAtiVE PeRSpEctIve ON this sHoW ever?"

No one wants to hear your bullshit buddy.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, they told privileged white lady to shut up again?
Oh, she's still on the show the next day for the same shit to happen over and over?

I...see.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
McCain responded that her job as a "View" co-host, as well as an ABC News political correspondent, meant that she is on the show not to "litigate the ethics" of impeachment but to analyze the politics of the situation.

This is the problem with modern day media and talking heads. Instead of calling a spade a spade and making sure the every day American knows when shit is an actual fucking problem they instead talk about the "politics" of the situation which inevitably means just saying that some people are ok with whatever heinous bullshit it is because inevitably some group is always ok with literally anything.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
As far as twitter is concerned Whoopi just gave everyone an early Christmas present.

All this nonsense. The conflict is exaggerated. Otherwise they'd just get rid of the conservative on the panel.
Abby Huntsman is on the panel, people tend to forget that (even Mccain). Also another "conservative" voice with nothing to go on other than her father's name. She spouts the same offensive bullshit as McCain, just a lot more politely.

Oct 25, 2017
She says conservative perspective, but her perspective is not actually conservative. Rather, she, like a lot of Republicans, are adopting an argument to protect fellow conservatives. It's just something conservative people say for convenience.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
Old Megan McCain queen of double talk. Critical of Truno when it comes to her personal issues but keeps giving him and the party the benefit of doubt.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think it says a lot about Mccain's prospect that she willing to get clowned on a weekly basis2

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
don't want to hate on meghan too much, doing her thing as "the conservative voice" and getting paid. better than being on the fox payroll with an hourly disinfo slot.... but she's pretty basic. case in point:

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
She says conservative perspective, but her perspective is not actually conservative. Rather, she, like a lot of Republicans, are adopting an argument to protect fellow conservatives. It's just something conservative people say for convenience.

Conservatives have a pack mentality.

When one is under attack, they're all under attack.

Circle the wagons etc.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
All politics aside trump shit all over her father.
Republicans are a cult.

Sep 14, 2019
This was a long time coming.

So tired of her bratty behavior.

Talks big ("I'm no snowflake") but plays the victim any chance she gets.

And Whoopi of all people. She's constantly defending Meghan. Glad she finally called her out like that.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I feel like the spats are a big draw for the show so it makes sense McCain sticks around. She'll probably get tired of being the heel eventually.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Every time Meghan McCain talks I just imagine Draco Malfoy shouting "WHEN MY FATHER HEARS ABOUT THIS!"

Sep 14, 2019
People are watching and waiting for drama like this, not because Megan has anything important to say. Doubtful the producers would fire her, you'd have a better chance of her quitting.
I think it says a lot about Mccain's prospect that she willing to get clowned on a weekly basis2

I was reading earlier today that she recently signed up to be on the until 2022.

I also heard she gets paid about $1 Million a year. Not sure if those things are true, but all that money and playing the conservative victim in a panel full of "liberals" must be great for her.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, fuck all of them. Whoopi and the rest of the View know exactly why they have McCain and whatever other shitty conservatives of the month on their show, and its exactly for moments like this. Stuff like this is great for the show and everyone involved. You really want to impress me or have some actual meat to your stance, stop giving her a platform.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
"Do YOU WAnt TO hEaR a COnsERVAtiVE PeRSpEctIve ON this sHoW ever?"

No one wants to hear your bullshit buddy.
Meghan's always playing devil's advocate. She'll say, "I don't agree with what these Republicans are doing, but here is why they are valid in doing what they are doing!", basically trying to say "They ain't me, but I'm still a Republican so I'm gonna stan for them no matter what."

She considers herself The View's Republican Representative as if The View NEEDED one. She thinks "SOMEBODY'S gotta stand up for the poor Republican Party.". Bullshit, if anybody doesn't NEED to be defended, it's the motherfuckin' REPUBLICAN PARTY.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
She's just fulfilling the role she's paid to play.

Not to say that she isn't an actual Republican clown, but she plays it up on the show.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
She wants to be a martyr, she wants the headlines about how The View is too liberal and her voice was silenced.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Conservatives acting like they don't have a voice are riotous.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Really? Have you seen the current hosts of Fox and Friends?

I have and Meghan McCain is that special kind of conservative stupid that even Fox news morons would call her an idiot. Plus they'll never hire her because of her father which they think is a traitor. She'll still vote conservative down ticket even though the base hates her guts, that's how stupid she is. Party before dignity, the republican way.

Last edited:

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
I feel like the spats are a big draw for the show so it makes sense McCain sticks around. She'll probably get tired of being the heel eventually.

I was just about to say this. Whether she knows it or not, Mccain is a perfect heel. People love to hate her, she always jobs to the faces and her persona is memorable for its supreme entitlement. She's like Billionairebot form futurama.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I have and Meghan McCain is that special kind of conservative stupid that even Fox news morons would call her an idiot. Plus they'll never hire her because of her father which they think is a traitor. She'll still vote conservative down ticket even though the base hates her guts, that's how stupid she is. Party before dignity, the republican way.
She legit can't form an argument that she doesn't already have written down on her cards. It's why she often talks in circles and why her rebuttals often make no sense and have little to do with what was being talked about. Her response to Sunny literally had nothing to do with what was being talked about. Then whenever she gets challenged outside of her prepared statements she shuts down and claims she's being attacked.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
DiVeRsItY oF tHoUgHt

Or what that dick head Ben Shapiro would call "inTelLeCtUal dIVerSitY"

Fuck off with that shit. Gotta love rich white folks finding any excuse to validate their bigotry and make themselves into victims. I'm so sick of that crap.

I wish we could go back to all them just being closet racists, talking shit in their living rooms, church gatherings or whatever the hell these people do. I can't stand seeing it on social media and TV. That moldy orange being in office has only magnified their sense of entitlement and ego