• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
I've always believed Trump would rather be Former President than President, he just doesn't want to lose to get there.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
I mean he's technically right if you look at it this way (and I think this is why twitter didn't mark his tweet): Pence is absolutely able to disregard the fake trump appointed electors that casted meaningless votes for him.

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
i really have no idea what the repub landscape looks like for 2024. Pence has zero charisma.

giphy.gif

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
I appreciate this being taken seriously, but saying there have been no repercussions is a bit premature here (you will see some fairly major ones in the state of NY this year, guarantee it).
A few slaps on the wrist for some finance violations aren't't really repercussions for the level of criminality that happened here.

I'm sorry but you're arguing that Trump is not lying when he is lying, because you think that his intentions of trying to stay in power somehow make it not a lie.
Trump is attempting a coup and I said that the question of whether or not a coup is legal is irrelevant, because the very point of a coup is to overcome the legal framework.

Marking a coup attempt as a simple lie, like one of the countless lies Trump tells every day, wildly undersells the level of depravity.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
The Albatross
Do you see now how meaningless the distinction between lie and truth becomes when we are talking about a coup?

You're a sad, petty human being if you watched what happened today and thought "ooh! See this makes me right In a discussion on the internet." Like that it would even enter your brain to bump this thread and be like "oooh a woman was killed and people were injured but look I'm right!!" Is pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

But also, you're wrong. Because trump was still lying, Pence did not have that power and the reason Trump insighted this violence is because pence told him in the morning that he did not have the power to overturn electors. I'm shocked that you cant see that, but also disgusted by you. You can reply to me if it helps you feel better, like if you want to keep your face on the internet and get a last word in I'm cool with that, but I'm not continuing this conversation with you because it's pathetic.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
You're a sad, petty human being if you watched what happened today and thought "ooh! See this makes me right In a discussion on the internet." Like that it would even enter your brain to bump this thread and be like "oooh a woman was killed and people were injured but look I'm right!!" Is pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

But also, you're wrong. Because trump was still lying, Pence did not have that power and the reason Trump insighted this violence is because pence told him in the morning that he did not have the power to overturn electors. I'm shocked that you cant see that, but also disgusted by you. You can reply to me if it helps you feel better, like if you want to keep your face on the internet and get a last word in I'm cool with that, but I'm not continuing this conversation with you because it's pathetic.

American exceptionalism is a disease infecting y'alls brains and unless you finally snap out of it you will run into predictable shitshows like this again and again.
This isn't about Trump or constitutional law. It's about the fact that 70 Million Americans support fascism, which puts the entire concept of democracy in question. Would a majority have made this right in your eyes?
This isn't something that will go away, it will just become more refined and your 300-year-old shoddy constitution won't hold it back for a second.

I don't want to jinx Biden, but if he starts out blathering on about "unity" and "compromise" he will undoubtedly set up the US for a successful fascist takeover in 2024.

This is the way to go: