• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Anything is possible now

A3XpoU1CIAA1_UY.jpg

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Get more people into Mixer ---> provide a "Play this game now via xCloud"-button in the future, similar to what Google will do with YouTube and Stadia.

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
How about they put that money into some first party games instead?

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Capitalism, buying popularity to stay afloat since 1700.

Today's episode: advertisement sales through teenage broadcaster of digital games.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Thinking about how insanely lopsided the compensation scale is in the industry both for game companies and enthusiasts makes me want to quit gaming forever sometimes and take my time and money to space and pursuits where this fact isn't casting a shadow over my consumption.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dude gets paid more money than I could hope to earn over several lifetimes just to switch streaming platforms. FML.

Oct 27, 2017
The world's gone fucking mental. 50 million to stream games. Fair play to the guy, we'd all take that payday if we could.

StiLteD

Nov 11, 2017
London
That guy isn't remotely elaborating where he came by that figure. Neither simply stating confidential source, rumour, hypothesis or (equally likely) "tales from my arse". That's a grain of salt for me yo.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder on how big of a minus Mixer, Xcloud and Gamepass are at the moment. There is no way those are profitable ventures at this point but MS has the money to spend. Will remain to be seen if it pay off.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
I barely knew who Ninja was yesterday. I had never heard of Mixer until yesterday.

I now feel like I know what both are. $50mil well spent.

I still don't care about either and this is crazy to me.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
From the outside it certainly doesn't seem like they will see $50MM return on this investment but maybe I'm wrong

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So is this expected to move the needle for Mixer? I'm not familiar with his content, obviously MS thinks it will

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Smart move by Ninja. His Twitch viewership was already waning. Collect that ez paycheck and get on a platform where you'll have to deal with much less people.
Sigh....must be nice.