• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe, but that's still a bigger challenge for Google than Microsoft or Sony. They both have millions of people using their existing consoles and thousands of games to offer up. Microsoft and Sony can offer both a superior console / hardware experience, or cloud gaming. They have both, Google is starting from scratch and has to convince game developers and end users that it's worth investing in.

Sony and Microsoft are offering a more gradual change towards cloud gaming, Stadia jumped several years ahead into a 100% cloud gaming service. It is yet to be seen in a few years if it paid off to do this. Microsoft confirmed that at least for now there won't be exclusive games for Xcloud, so this might become an advantage for 100% cloud gaming services like Geforce Now and Stadia, where games that are 100% made for the cloud, can take advantage of what can be done. Another thing is that Sony and Microsoft will be basing their cloud gaming services on their console hardware. We should see a faster hardware refresh rate on services like Geforce Now and Stadia. We already have ray tracing on Geforce now for example.

"The main difference in cloud is not really that the CPU is sitting in a big building versus being in your living room; the main difference is now you can have dozens or hundreds or thousands or millions of computers that can do stuff to help power the game," Electronic Arts Chief Technology Officer Ken Moss told GamesIndustry.

"If you apply that to an actual game like Battlefield… DICE prides itself on amazing destruction. They blow stuff up better than anyone. But the simulations they do for destruction are very limited compared to what they would really like to do, because they have a certain amount of GPU and a certain amount of CPU and they have to do it in real time. If they could have a pool of servers up there that can be running our physics engine in Frostbite and be calculating better destruction, it can be like real life.

"And you can apply that not just to blowing things up. You can apply that to really every part of the game."

https://gamingbolt.com/battlefield-...e-real-life-once-powered-by-the-cloud-ea-says

"I think that the more interesting question is how stuff like Google Stadia will change things," he says. "In the data center, these machines are connected to each other, and so you could start thinking of doing things like elastic rendering, like make a couple of servers together, to do physics simulations that may not be possible on current local hardware."

https://www.vg247.com/2019/07/08/larian-ceo-streaming-technology/

"Kojima thinks that streaming will change games. This is something that Google has talked about in regards to its Stadia platform. When games run on a massive server in the cloud, they shed some of the limitations of running on a box under your television. That could enable more persistent worlds. Or shared environments where every player action makes a permanent effect for others to discover or deal with.

"I'm very interested in the new format of game that will appear on [streaming]," said Kojima. "And that's what I want to take on."

venturebeat.com

After Death Stranding, Hideo Kojima wants to make a game in the cloud

Hideo Kojima is going to begin moving on from Death Stranding soon, and he's looking at making movies and a cloud-streaming game.

"From a game development perspective as well, we will strive to create gaming experiences only possible in the cloud, meaning developing cloud-native or cloud-centric games. For cloud streaming to enjoy mass adoption, there will need to be innovation not only in terms of distribution, but also in terms of gaming experiences. We believe that new gaming experiences that would have been impossible on traditional game consoles will be a major driver of cloud gaming adoption. Our efforts to develop cloud-native or cloud-centric titles are already underway, and we will strive to create new gaming experiences."

wccftech.com

Square Enix Is Heavily Into Cloud Gaming, While Nintendo Is More Interested in Augmented Reality

The presidents of Square Enix and Nintendo have spoken with regards to the companies' interest in cloud gaming and AR, respectively.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe, but that's still a bigger challenge for Google than Microsoft or Sony. They both have millions of people using their existing consoles and thousands of games to offer up. Microsoft and Sony can offer both a superior console / hardware experience, or cloud gaming. They have both, Google is starting from scratch and has to convince game developers and end users that it's worth investing in.

Agreed; though this is where I'm really interested in the tech itself. Stadia is still relevant right now because their tech performs better than everyone else, by a fairly noticeable margin. However, what happens if Sony or Microsoft's tech catches up? Suddenly those Stadia exclusive titles become extremely important, and I have my doubts that these freshly created studios can produce enough really good games for people to care. At least not right off the bat with their first release.

To me, the interesting question is, how difficult of a problem is it for competitors to achieve Stadia level streaming quality? Is it reasonable to assume that everyone else will catch up, or will Google always have an edge due to their massive data network? e.g. Do smart compression algorithms make the difference, or does it require Google's infrastructure, or both?

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't not for a long time, there are some major things that needing to change and they are not which is why stadia won't take off and streaming won't take off for a long time.

Streaming is already taking off though. Just look at PS Now numbers alone. People be streamin' yo.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
These are all exciting to hear about, however my natural reaction is "believe it when I see it". I do hope we get cool cloud-dependent games though.

Sure, but I prefer to say that it's something we can expect sooner or later, based on all of the information that is already available. We already know it's possible, developers just have to make the games. What is possible with the cloud on regards to new gameplay experiences, simulations, AI, physics, along with lowering the barrier of access to traditional consoles games, are the things that have me more exited about the future. Some people just see this as a nice to have simple way to play games on your smartphones, I don't agree with that at all.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Not really, It's doing okay but the post i quoted was that the people buying hardware will stop buying it and just stream which is not going to happen anytime soon.

I mean, I'm doing it and I've been playing consoles since the Colecovision. I think there are tons of people who would want to play a game or two a year but not if they have to buy hardware. It's not hard to think of plenty of examples outside your typical enthusiast who would want to go this route. People like Netflix.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Not really, It's doing okay but the post i quoted was that the people buying hardware will stop buying it and just stream which is not going to happen anytime soon.

We can all agree that cloud gaming is becoming more popular with services like Stadia and Geforce Now. You already can point out to examples of people saying they want to replace their console-gaming PC for a cloud gaming option, so it's a reality today. What we can disagree on is how fast this change will happen, until it surpasses the amount of people that play on local hardware. We can also disagree on if this will happen at all and local hardware will also be the preferred way to play.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I'm doing it and I've been playing consoles since the Colecovision. I think there are tons of people who would want to play a game or two a year but not if they have to buy hardware. It's not hard to think of plenty of examples outside your typical enthusiast who would want to go this route. People like Netflix.
Yes people like netflix but game streaming is not netflix that's a poor example since you still have to buy games with streaming. You are a minority if you think game streaming is going to replace hardware anytime soon or even long term if it will get to that point.

We can all agree that cloud gaming is becoming more popular with services like Stadia and Geforce Now. You already can point out to examples of people saying they want to replace their console-gaming PC for a cloud gaming option, so it's a reality today. What we can disagree on is how fast this change will happen, until it surpasses the amount of people that play on local hardware. We can also disagree on if this will happen at all and local hardware will also be the preferred way to play.
Popular is not the term I would use for stadia or even geforce now.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 days): Antagonising other members
The cycle continues. If there's an article and thread critical of Stadia, Dunlop and Alucardx23 will be there to scream about how everyone is wrong until everyone else just gets tired and leaves the thread.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
The cycle continues. If there's an article and thread critical of Stadia, Dunlop and Alucardx23 will be there to scream about how everyone is wrong until everyone else just gets tired and leaves the thread.

And you will always be there with your hot takes that don't really point out exactly to what is wrong about what someone is saying. It's very easy to do that. You could take the time to actually make an argument, but you rarely do.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

The Stadia pricing model (buy individual licenses to let you stream individual pieces of content) is entirely different than the Netflix pricing model (pay a monthly fee to let you stream thousands of pieces of content).

I totally agree that people like Netflix. It's also pretty clear that they don't like Stadia.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
This is a barrier for any new entrant, Sony,Nintendo and MS have decades of experience in the field with a vast library of games and franchises in place as well as very entrenched userbase that does the PR for them.

It would be folly for any new comer to try and compete and start a hardware line from scratch. Google and Amazon are coming in from a direction where competition would be possible and that is streaming. For all of their misteps, the technology behind Stadia is unquestionably superior to the current offerings of xCloud or GeForce Now.

Google does not seem to want to take the steps to attract a broader audience, either though "laziness" or a desire to roll this out extremely slowly.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
As a Stadia user from when it launched, I don't have too many issues with The Verge's article, though it would have been nice if it spent more time on The Division 2, as it is a top-tier example of how you do cross-play and a technically great port (and sell it at a knock-down price quite often) to bring players in and make sure the game feels lively with a good player-base at all times.
I'm starting to see more adverts for Stadia, specifically around PUBG, on the internet, and the Stadia Connect recap video has been viewed over 6.6 million times, so I dunno, maybe more people are slowly getting to know about it and give it a go as Google takes marketing the thing a bit more seriously.

One thing I would like to address is the question that people love to ask over and over again:
"Who is Stadia for?"

Well, clearly, its for me for a start, and like some other people in this thread have said, now that I've used it, I do not want to buy another console ever again.
And let me be very clear on something, money is not the issue here. I could buy every console and a top-end gaming PC, but after using Stadia, I just don't want to. It is simply a better, more convenient, and more user-friendly way to enjoy games.
No downloads, no installs, no updates or patches. The 'console' will never break on me. Hardware upgrades will be rolled out for free, so no buying yet another box just because the platform-holder is in a dick-waving competition with its rivals. I can choose from a multitude of controller options (or use KB+M) when playing on PC. No worrying about storage space when buying gargantuan AAA games. I can hop from device-to-device and my games all come with me without having to re-install them.

Right now I'm looking at everyone practically begging companies to charge them $500+ for a new box of tech-stuff, just to keep playing the same sorts of games they've always played, and thinking to myself "why?"
Again, I can afford them if I want to, but after experiencing the benefits of game-streaming, it just seems like madness to me.

\Dons bullet-proof vest and helmet.
\Ducks.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't had one friend even bother to try Stadia, despite it being free, or the Pro for two months being free, with free games.

I know that's very anecdotal, but everywhere online, besides the Stadia subreddit, there's a very massive disinterest in Stadia. Google has a very large problem to address, and other than claiming what Stadia can do, they need to show what it can do. Unfortunately, they rushed their launch out extremely early, and won't even have an AAA IP to show the power that Google claims it can show.

Also, I see this on the Stadia subreddit quite often, but, the dishonest media, critics and journalists ("haters") aren't the reason for Stadia's lack of success. It's because of Google.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I haven't had one friend even bother to try Stadia, despite it being free, or the Pro for two months being free, with free games.

I know that's very anecdotal, but everywhere online, besides the Stadia subreddit, there's a very massive disinterest in Stadia. Google has a very large problem to address, and other than claiming what Stadia can do, they need to show what it can do. Unfortunately, they rushed their launch out extremely early, and won't even have an AAA IP to show the power that Google claims it can show.

Also, I see this on the Stadia subreddit quite often, but, the dishonest media, critics and journalists ("haters") aren't the reason for Stadia's lack of success. It's because of Google.
Exact same situation with me and I have many friends who play video games as much as I do. I even ended up making that free Stadia account to claim the games but when I found my Android couldn't run them I didn't even bother loading them up on my PCs browser. Stadia is such a half baked product I don't blame anyone for being so disinterested in it.

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm happily using Stadia as an alternative to my PS4 *sometimes*. Frankly, I have no interest in ever owning a gaming PC again. I really don't understand the vitriol and all the concern trolling on Stadia. If you don't like it, just don't use it. The "Google might one day, some day, in the future, moneyhat all my favourite devs and force us all to streaming!!!!1" is so idiotic.

The biggest issue with Stadia is Google. The tech works very well but the service aspect is pure trash. Frankly, any multiplayer game on Stadia that doesn't have cross-play is DOA (i.e. NO ONE SHOULD BUY THESE GAMES). It would be great if they could get some games that work well for people with slower connections - stuff like X Com 2, Civ 6, Gears Tactics, Disco Elysium - but I'm sure Google is too stupid / lazy to do that.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Right now I'm looking at everyone practically begging companies to charge them $500+ for a new box of tech-stuff, just to keep playing the same sorts of games they've always played, and thinking to myself "why?"
Again, I can afford them if I want to, but after experiencing the benefits of game-streaming, it just seems like madness to me.

Because those boxes will offer better and more games than Stadia does.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Many people are willing to pay $500 for the next gen consoles, because they know their investment will guarantee them new AAA games, quality first party titles and full third party support. They have the trust that Microsoft and Sony will deliver, based on the last three to four generations they've been making games. The new hardware will create new types of gaming experiences, that weren't possible on last gen consoles. People are willing to put the money down, because they know it will be worth it's value in the long run.

People aren't seeing that with Google, hence the general disinterest, even after Stadia finally released it's free model.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Many people are willing to pay $500 for the next gen consoles, because they know their investment will guarantee them new AAA games, quality first party titles and full third party support. They have the trust that Microsoft and Sony will deliver, based on the last three to four generations they've been making games. The new hardware will create new types of gaming experiences, that weren't possible on last gen consoles. People are willing to put the money down, because they know it will be worth it's value in the long run.

People aren't seeing that with Google, hence the general disinterest, even after Stadia finally released it's free model.

Not only that, but for as much as Google have talked about the kinds of amazing new experiences that can be enabled by gaming from a datacenter, they are only just now founding the studios that will eventually churn out any games that actually DEMONSTRATE those theoretical experiences in a few years.

Until then, you're left hoping Stadia will get more ports of the "same sorts of games" everyone else will be playing on their new consoles.

I really think Google made a mistake in not having at least one big game ready that really demonstrated the value of Stadia, and demanded you pay attention and at least try it. Instead, you've just got some people on a subreddit talking about loading times and not having to install patches. These are obviously conveniences, but not the kind of thing that is going to propel initial interest in the platform.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
At the time it was a streaming platform without an actual streaming service. Not paying full price for games I already own on console and even PC.

I see they've made some changes but it's no where near enough to interest me despite the tech being indicative of the future of gaming.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Right now, there is no guarantee of anything. You used the word trust, and that's all there is. $500+ to trust that a company will deliver.
Why are people so giddy to spend $500 on trust and a promise? Why not $0 and stream it to me on a device I already own?
I used to have the same mindset. I bought every generation of Playstation and a couple generations of the Xbox, but now I'm out of that cycle, from the outside it looks like madness.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Right now, there is no guarantee of anything. You used the word trust, and that's all there is. $500+ to trust that a company will deliver.
Why are people so giddy to spend $500 on trust and a promise? Why not $0 and stream it to me on a device I already own?
I used to have the same mindset. I bought every generation of Playstation and a couple generations of the Xbox, but now I'm out of that cycle, from the outside it looks like madness.
Because for $500 I know I'll get games from Sony, Activision, EA, Capcom, Epic, Namco, Ubisoft, Sega and literally every studio from indie to AAA. That's worth my money.

For $0 on Stadia, full third party support isn't even present, and not even a single first party game is ready and likely won't for years. Plus, I'd much rather not stream my games, when I can play it locally, without eating into my data and run into any network latency (especially on single player games).

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
I do not trust any mega corp, I find it weird for anyone to champion MS or Sony or Nintendo as if they are your friend. I love the direction that MS is going, but that was in response to Sony handing them their lunch not out of any real concern for their userbase.

I purchase games to play at the time as it is just a stress relieve outlet for me, I do not worry about whether it will be accessible 10 years from now. But it is a definitely a valid concern for others.

I have to assume that if Google closed shop out of the blue they would be destroyed in litigation, also the fact that they have 3 first party studios working on stuff it is also hard to believe they intend on shutting anything down. Pretty sure there is a video of them proclaiming it is a 5 or 10 year plan at the moment.

It would be great if Google would actually announce their roadmap or intentions, but 6 months in I see that it will not likely happen. The PR blackeye and consumer disinterest is all on them especially when they have Youtube at their disposal

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York

I didn't even know Stadia was 0$. That should kinda indicate a part of the problem with Google's handling of Stadia, no?

And I'm on this board every day. Still had no clue. There are millions on millions like me. Google need to get the word out if they wanna turn things around.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I didn't even know Stadia was 0$. That should kinda indicate a part of the problem with Google's handling of Stadia, no?

And I'm on this board every day. Still had no clue. There are millions on millions like me. Google need to get the word out if they wanna turn things around.
It's recent, a few weeks, maybe a month or so only. They opened to new users, 2 months of Stadia Pro free (which includes 9 games I think?). People that were interested got emails, I assume they signed up to newsletter in the website.

Google cant market Stadia out loud everywhere because Google has a gigantic reach and I doubt they have the infrastructure set up for millions of people to join right now. They started with the package they sold (controller + sub), then gave a few extra invites (each person got one invite first, then more later if I am not mistaken), then more free months for those that got into it early, now they opened it to anyone but without massive marketing...

It is still a beta (or so) product, not ready to be marketed for millions and millions of people, who is in now is an early adopter. They are controlling how many people are in because there is a limit in their infrastructure. Im sure when PS5 and Series X are out Google will start a stronger marketing campaign which should coincide with them having a bigger infrastructure for more concomitant players.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
The Stadia pricing model (buy individual licenses to let you stream individual pieces of content) is entirely different than the Netflix pricing model (pay a monthly fee to let you stream thousands of pieces of content).

You can subscribe to stream a bunch of games. And new games come out regularly. And unlike PS Now you get to keep the games after they leave Pro.

I totally agree that people like Netflix. It's also pretty clear that they don't like Stadia.

Stadia could very well fail for a number of reasons but streaming is pretty obviously here to stay. Google+ died too but ***book and Twit** seem to be doing ok.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Google does not seem to want to take the steps to attract a broader audience, either though "laziness" or a desire to roll this out extremely slowly.

It's not laziness, it's simpler than that. They don't know what they're doing. And the reason they don't know what they're doing is they're attempting to jump into an industry they have zero experience with and which their core business is not remotely positioned to make a move towards. And they don't have the luxury to spend time "learning" how to navigate the gaming industry.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
It's not laziness, it's simpler than that. They don't know what they're doing. And the reason they don't know what they're doing is they're attempting to jump into an industry they have zero experience with and which their core business is not remotely positioned to make a move towards. And they don't have the luxury to spend time "learning" how to navigate the gaming industry.
It's starting to look that way, which is why it should have launched clearly stipulating it is a beta

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
The odd thing is that I finally found a good application for Stadia. Work trips and travel. But then again, there is a pandemic and I'm at home so don't need it over my PC or XBOX.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm glad Stadia is being enjoyed by the few people that are using it, but ultimately I think it's better for the industry, and consumers, that it either fails, or remains a niche way of consuming games

I'm sure streaming will get better and more popular in the next decade, though probably not through Stadia, but marginal improvements to visuals at the expensive of input, and ownership and having to use obscene amounts of data to play, means it has more negatives than positives in my opinion

I won't lie though, it's pretty satisfying to have watched the Stadia presentation and thought "this is clearly going to fail" and then seeing it do just that

Crazy how the average Era user had more common sense and industry insight than Google

Last edited:

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
Stadia was DOA the second you couldn't use your existing games on it.

The world doesn't need new platforms to fragment player bases. It's already bad enough with Epic and Origin. If they did a whole monthly fee to play your Steam library it could have been a lot more popular.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Stadia was DOA the second you couldn't use your existing games on it.
Geforce Now went down that route and as soon as the service went live almost every publisher jumped ship as they wanted a piece of the revenue even though the consumer had already purchased the game. This highlighted to illusion of game ownership

I'm not in the school of thought that what currently exists should be the only thing until the end of time as many here seem to believe. because Streaming becomes more popular does not mean consoles will die.

Stadia's biggest hurdle seems to be Google itself. They should have been marketing the shit out of the fact that people without a strong gaming PC or owning a console could be playing Doom when it launched and then you could play said game across multiple devices seamlessly.

Last month you could get once of the best versions of Division 2 for $10 again with no hardware needed, only a internet connection. Want to play Doom 64 on your phone for $5? You can do that right now, etc...

But Google is being Google, it is unfortunate as it will put less pressure on MS to roll out xCloud

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Yes people like netflix but game streaming is not netflix that's a poor example since you still have to buy games with streaming. You are a minority if you think game streaming is going to replace hardware anytime soon or even long term if it will get to that point.

Popular is not the term I would use for stadia or even geforce now.

Not entirely true. The Stadia Pro subscription is kinda like the Netflix option. It does give you the advantages of a 4k/HDR stream but also a library of games you can play while you're subscribed that they add to every month. It's only 20ish games at the moment but they're building it up. You can play games you've purchased without the Pro subscription but you're limited to a 1080p stream.

Jun 26, 2018
Man, stadia has been so baffling since it's inception, especially considering streaming games is not a new concept at all, yet they somehow managed to turn it into a total farce, "negative latency", no netflix model, forcing developers to port their games specifically to the platform, expecting internet providers to upgrade internet infrastructure to accomodate them on account on it being so "popular" before it's even out...

And then once it's out(is it even, I dunno?), more or less dead silence.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
There is no way this is an actual possible future, though. It's completely against the reason for streaming's existence.

The whole idea of streaming is to eliminated dedicated hardware. We see both now because it's the initial phase. If it sells, why would anyone make hardware ever again?

Like, do you know anyone who bought a DVD player recently?

So if everyone moved to the streaming model, and the industry crashed again - we'd have nothing to play.

No way. I want hardware.

Oct 28, 2019
Last night I had probably my best time playing games in months doing a raid with random people in Ghost Recon Breakpoint on Stadia and this morning I had a hearty chuckle thinking fine gaming connoisseurs must be getting a brain aneurysm from me "ruining" their precious hobby.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

Nobody has spent $500. Another thing, track record is useful. Companies like Sony have repeatedly provided games I like to play while there are no games I'm interested in that's on Stadia. How is it my issue?

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017

To be honest, you spending money buying games you can only stream, and have to keep paying a sub in perpetuity to access, looks like madness. That's on top of trusting that a company (Google or all companies) will continue to keep that service alive or you lose everything.

How long before that amount you paid in subs could have bought you a machine you would actually own?

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Nobody has spent $500. Another thing, track record is useful. Companies like Sony have repeatedly provided games I like to play while there are no games I'm interested in that's on Stadia. How is it my issue?
Correct, nobody has spent $500+ yet, though given the pre-launch hardware arguments that are going on here in Era you'd be forgiven for thinking they have. *Shrug*
When launch day does roll around, the only guarantee you have is whats on the shelves (or online store I guess) on that day, and nothing else. Nothing beyond that is a guarantee. Its a promise. Same applies to Stadia of course. You are right about track record being useful, but then again, Sony dominated the console scene with the PS1 with zero track record, and Sega sunk out of the hardware business entirely with a decent track-record (the Saturn wasn't that bad), so you never can guarantee the future.
If you are an early console adopter, you are still largely taking a chance on future promises.

IvorB: You don't have to pay a sub to access the games you buy on Stadia.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Correct, nobody has spent $500+ yet, though given the pre-launch hardware arguments that are going on here in Era you'd be forgiven for thinking they have. *Shrug*
When launch day does roll around, the only guarantee you have is whats on the shelves (or online store I guess) on that day, and nothing else. Nothing beyond that is a guarantee. Its a promise. Same applies to Stadia of course. You are right about track record being useful, but then again, Sony dominated the console scene with the PS1 with zero track record, and Sega sunk out of the hardware business entirely with a decent track-record (the Saturn wasn't that bad), so you never can guarantee the future.
If you are an early console adopter, you are still largely taking a chance on future promises.

IvorB: You don't have to pay a sub to access the games you buy on Stadia.

Well I won't be picking up the PS5 day one if it doesn't launch with games I want to play. Trust me if Persona 6 is a Stadia exclusive I would be the first one in though many communities will be on fire.