• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Oh sorry, I was looking at this from the Brad Sams YouTube preview.
EuNgGtuXIAUr-dD.png

Seems less official than the OP though.
360 blades vibes đź‘€

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Right now they are using Xbox One S server blades, once they begin to use Xbox Series X it will be much better (which will be later this year). There is a ton of potential here

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm? Why wouldn't my internet speed make a difference?
Bandwidth only matters below speeds of about 25 megabits per second or so - anything above that is not really relevant unless you need multiple simultaneous video steams (and even 25 megabits per second is probably higher than Xcloud goes right now). 75 megabits per second is far more than you will need. Once you're above that kind of minimal level, what matters most is latency and stability, not bandwidth.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Bandwidth only matters below speeds of about 25 megabits per second or so - anything above that is not really relevant unless you need multiple simultaneous video steams (and even 25 megabits per second is probably higher than Xcloud goes right now). 75 megabits per second is far more than you will need. Once you're above that kind of minimal level, what matters most is latency and stability, not bandwidth.
huh, i didn't know that. thanks! now i'm even more excited to try

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who isn't familiar with Gamepass/Xcloud, etc....am I thinking correctly on this...that in theory if I have a Gamepass subscription, I buy a compatible controller and can play Xbox games on my iPad's browser without needing to own an Xbox? If so, dang. this might be how I play some 3rd party sports games that aren't on the Switch.

Essentially yes. But it's not full Game Pass, it's a cut down selection for Cloud streaming. It's still massive though (more than 100 games) and growing each month as they enable more of the library for cloud streaming.

List of cloud streamable games here https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games#cloud

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
My relatively unscientific test of monitoring my routers bandwidth throughput on my phone while using xCloud has shown it to be less than 10mb per second while streaming.

Oct 27, 2017
This has me thinking about what seems to be obvious. Xsx consoles that would have been made available for retail are going to this. I wonder what kind of allocation is going on with this.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I hope it's been improved. It was nigh unplayable compared to stadia and ps now for me in the beta. In terms of streaming services I've used :

1.stadia, not perfect but good enough to demo a game(2hr playtime refund policy)

2.PS Now. Playable but frequent heavy artifacting and unresponsive controls.

3.Xcloud. Least artificating of all three but unplayable amounts of lag/delay. Forza was impossible.

Waveset

Oct 30, 2017
Was hoping we could get xCloud on the Apple TV but it doesnt have a browser so I guess it's a no-go.

Does anyone know what engine the PS4 browser uses, would be fun running Xbox games on that :)

Boogolo

Nov 1, 2020

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what engine the PS4 browser uses, would be fun running Xbox games on that :)
The PS4 browser is based on WebKit. I am fairly sure that it doesn't see the controller as a games controller, though, so even if it loads an Xcloud video stream, playing Xbox games on it would require Microsoft to support a controller connected through wireless.

Kordelle

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot wait for this to launch, so I can finally put away my second Xbox One and my second TV that we always have to use for playing Sea of Thieves together.