• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

It breaks my heart that this is my first thread, I fell in love with this show after the release of Season 7 when I binged the whole show. It's such a shame given the ending of Season 7.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Was not a watcher, but I can empathize with how disappointing that must be, for both the staff and fans.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never really watched beyond the first season, but I hope that they can somehow make a good conclusion for all the fans.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cPMJbvq.gif

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
I swear, it's going to be New Years Eve, we'll all be watching an empty Time Square and the ball will drop to reveal it's 2020 part 2.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This cancelled, Aqua Teen long gone... What does [adult swim] still have besides Robot Chicken?

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I also don't expect them to be able to self-fund or take it to another network as Williams Street (AS production company) refused to let Brandon Small self-fund a final set of episodes for Metalocalypse to tie up the final threads of the show that "The Doomstar Requiem" began to explore. They also mocked fan campaigns too by telling the fans of Metalocalypse to send in support via a fax machine. Well, tWilliams Street posted a picture later on where the fax machine had been set up on the edge of a desk to spit out the faxes into a trashcan and the caption basically said "Here is what we think of your support for Metalocalypse"

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This cancelled, Aqua Teen long gone... What does [adult swim] still have besides Robot Chicken?
Even ignoring the juggernaut that is Rick & Morty, [adult swim]'s original programming lineup has actually been pretty solid recently. Ballmastrz, Tigtone, Three Busy Debras, Shivering Truth, etc. Plus they effectively have co-ownership of American Dad and Final Space with TBS, so I'd say things are better now than they were a few years ago, even if this cancellation obviously hurts a lot.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This news sucks... mostly because the last two seasons have been obvious that they had a few more seasons planned as they were much more of a slow burn leading up to something more.... that will now never come :(

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
No conclusion is the biggest punch in the gut. I really wanted to see where they were going with
the Monarch and Rusty being brothers, though honestly the final moments of the series being Hank and Dean splitting up with Hank seeking to grow up more was a pretty somber and great ending and a very powerful way to end the series.
I'm going to really miss this series even though I got into it super late, and I hope something can come of it even if Adult Swim treats their inactive IPs like garbage.

I also don't expect them to be able to self-fund or take it to another network as Williams Street (AS production company) refused to let Brandon Small self-fund a final set of episodes for Metalocalypse to tie up the final threads of the show that "The Doomstar Requiem" began to explore. They also mocked fan campaigns too by telling the fans of Metalocalypse to send in support via a fax machine. Well, tWilliams Street posted a picture later on where the fax machine had been set up on the edge of a desk to spit out the faxes into a trashcan and the caption basically said "Here is what we think of your support for Metalocalypse"

I've been considering watching this show lately and hearing about that in the wake of all this is extremely disappointing. That's so awful, and really annoying they'd acknowledge the demand but then act petty toward fans about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.