• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
65lzghooybv51.jpg

Love this cover. Makes me want a new MVC even more now. I miss this series.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing!

An X-Men only no compromise fighting game is one of my dream video games, I love almost everyone.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You can tell this isn't based on a new mvc game because it has mutants in it.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Also thinking about it, has Magik ever made it into any X-men or Marvel fighting game?

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
ahh man MVC2 on the Dreamcast flashback!
That and Soucalibur were the absolute golden age of fighting games for me.
The dream of either of those being Switch ported....
Or even better.... MVC4.. (pretending Infinite never existed)

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Well that's certainly more on-the-nose than I was expecting, lol. I figured it'd just be the air Hyper Viper Beam pose -- leaned back, big gun, wiggly arcing beam. Instead it's... Not that at all, but with lifebars and a combo counter? Eh.

...But really though, the wiggly-beam! How can you not include the wiggly-beam!? That's like the #1 most iconic thing about MvC2 Cable!

Sep 7, 2020
They recognize MVC as an entity!!!! MVC4 confirmed, jk. No, but really give me a proper MVC4 please. I have an entire list of characters I would love to see in the game on both sides.

OzBoz

May 29, 2019
Air Hyper Viper Beam is probably the most frequently seen character sprite in MVC2.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about the probability that Magiks only movie appearance is New Mutants 😔

Hope she's in MvC4

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
99 hits? Magik is clearly blocking! Also that's totally not the Hyper Viper Beam. Also Cable's haircut is awful. My immersion is ruined.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Already a better Marvel roster than Infinite
I mean, there's moderation. Those six alongside inevitably Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, & Deadpool is already approaching MvC2 levels of too many mutants. Just Rogue & either Cable or Magik alongside the aforementioned inevitable 4 would be more than enough, especially since there's a ton of ground elsewhere to cover.