• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

geomon

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I'd have to look it up for those states but I know in Florida you can take your mail in ballot and drop it off at the election location closest to you and it will be counted.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I hear that we can deliver mail-in ballots to the boxes ourselves instead of sending them via USPS, right? It still sucks, but it will beat waiting in a line for hours to vote.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
It sucks, but please if you can VOTE IN PERSON. I'm concerned even dropping off a ballot in a box will be fucked with.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Glad that USPS is warning people, but these actions to undermine the democratic process are sickening.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
No way around it then--I really am going to have to go in-person.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
The moment Trump started talking about this bullshit I made up in my mind to simply vote in person.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
There needs to be television ads and other forms of outreach to let people know of the alternatives to get their votes in. Like right now.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Not much else to go on but this is horrifying.

These branches seem to be attempting to influence the legislature to modify the law.

Good. I am extremely grateful for that.

The Nevada legislature only operates from February to June, so a special session would need to be called in order to address this legislatively. This is a damn good reason for a special session.

I'mma email or fax Sisolak.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
It sucks, but please if you can VOTE IN PERSON. I'm concerned even dropping off a ballot in a box will be fucked with.

I'm not sure if this concern is warranted. If I understand the protocol correctly, the election committee of each districts handles this drop off boxes, not the postal service.

Oct 27, 2017
When this administration is out EVERYONE involved (as in hired by Trump) in it needs to be fired. I can't think of a single department that isn't massively corrupt or compromised at this point

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Most states have ballot drop boxes at your country clerk's office or the board of elections. If you registered for absentee ballots drop your ballot off in person instead ASAP instead of going through the the mail. If you want to vote in person but are worried about crowds on Election Day see if your state offers in person early voting.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
....I hate to ask this, but what if Trump shut the country down for Corona-related reasons (including polls) right around election time? What if he tries to force mail-in ballots, but purposely messes up the process in swing states?

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day this blatently transparent plan unfolding around everyone like dear in the headlights too stupid to do anything will probably work. Virus is gonna be raging come November and most people wont even vote because there isnt a good option. I called this shit like in Feb or March.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking vote the moment you get your mail-in ballot or go in person.

They're at it again.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
What this is actually going to cause is a massive election day turnout for Dems. People want to vote this year, they aren't going to be scared off. Of course this will be terrible for pandemic numbers, but blame Trump yet again for that.
Republicans tried to openly rig an election in Wisconsin, and it backfired completely and turned it into a landslide win for the Dems.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I don't live in America, but doesn't this seem like the kind of thing that should bring Americans to protest? Everyone talks about how big of a deal it is, but it doesn't seem like it's pushed anyone to actually hit the streets

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Apologies for my ignorance, but what prevents a person from mailing in a ballot and still voting in person on Election Day?

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
For everyone saying just vote in-person, keep in mind that several states have actively decreased the amount of places to cast votes and the number of machines to use for voting. Some people will have to drop everything to travel to a distant voting location and wait in long lines. AND we're in the middle of a deadly pandemic. It's really not as simple for many.

These tactics they've been using on the USPS are things they've been doing to the traditional voting process for a long time. They're simply trying to limit options to depress voters and corral them to one method of casting their ballots, which will be throttled.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the day this blatently transparent plan unfolding around everyone like dear in the headlights too stupid to do anything will probably work. Virus is gonna be raging come November and most people wont even vote because there isnt a good option. I called this shit like in Feb or March.

Then people shouldn't vote at all?

If you say it will probably work, you're also saying to not vote.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
This seems like a very poor attempt at voter suppression.

I'm assuming you don't mean poor as ineffective, because as nefarious as this is it will do a great job of suppressing the vote for Republicans. Ask people to choose between voting in person or risk catching coronavirus, who knows how many who would have voted by mail will no longer vote.

Also for those saying to use a drop box, be careful. In Ohio for example they're already moving to limit this as an alternative.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
No im saying the rest of the country isnt like Era saying they will vote no matter what. They will opt to stay home because they just arent as clued in to how important it is.

I might have thought the same at March. But if people are enraged enough to protest en masse and put their lives in the line of fire like they did in June, then hopefully they'll be enraged enough to vote this November.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question: When you drop off a ballot, does someone check your ID or do you just drive up and stick it in a container like a mailbox? I've only ever voted in person.

I will drive around all of creation picking up ballots if necessary.

Hellsing321

Oct 30, 2017
Apologies for my ignorance, but what prevents a person from mailing in a ballot and still voting in person on Election Day?
Polling places have lists of every registered voter for their location and also whether or not they requested an absentee or mail-in ballot. If some who requested a mail-in ballot tries to vote on Election Day they will be denied or asked to turn in their mail-in ballot and get a new one.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Polling places have lists of every registered voter for their location and also whether or not they requested an absentee or mail-in ballot. If some who requested a mail-in ballot tries to vote on Election Day they will be denied or asked to turn in their mail-in ballot and get a new one.

Ah gotcha, thanks.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is my plan, but it should not be the expectation. The united states is a fuckin joke, we can't handle a few million pieces of mail
I mean, make no mistake. We can handle the mail. It's that leadership are deliberately implementing rules to make sure that mail doesn't get handled

I'm at least confident that Michigan will figures out a work around with Whitmer in charge