• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 19, 2020
What, did y'all think Gamespot had scruples or something? lol. They're taking the EZ government sponsorship money.

Note that the linked account is for tweets from National Guard Recruiting and Retention people so yeah, there's no doubt what this is about.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Well, I'm in EU, but I can smell the desperation even here, heheheheh.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Top 10 games to help you unwind after a hard day of murdering people.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
This is going to go swimmingly for Gamespot.

Absolutely no subtlety with that second tweet either.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
And just like that, the integrity of the outlet goes down the drain. Unfollowed their social media and won't be visiting their site again - great work, Gamespot, hope the money was worth it.

gnexus

Mar 30, 2018
Uh.. only way I can see this dude having a say in anything regarding games coverage is if he says "I've covered wars, you know" and that's about it.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
This is so gross. I haven't followed GameSpot in years, are they really that hard up for money?

Lausebub

Nov 4, 2017
Isn't IGN doing the same stuff? Seems like the army found out, most of their potential customers like videogames.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
How about no.

All of this Army recruit emend via Twitch is all sorts of fucked up.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
This fucking sucks because I can almost guarantee this was a marketing decision that GS edtiorial had zero control over. I've experienced similar situations in the past working at (non-gaming) media outlets.

Gonna echo what Austin says here:

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Off topic, but it felt amazing telling a National Guard recruiter to basically fuck off when he kept calling my phone about my 17 year old son.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Gamespot should perhaps rethink marketing deals with the military. Particularly bad optics when this is the branch being used to suppress protesters around the country.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking Gross. Goddamn. This recruitment through channels like this that they know kids are going to be watching is abhorrent. Shit should be illegal.

Velguarder

Jan 10, 2020
Absolutely vile. I'm surprised we're not seeing more of this.

Off topic, but it felt amazing telling a National Guard recruiter to basically fuck off when he kept calling my phone about my 17 year old son.

Awesome! I'm happy for you and your son. My parents encouraged joining and I still resent them a little for it. I left for Parris Island 2 days after graduating high school....

softfocus

Oct 30, 2017
I hate army recruitment stuff. In the UK, it was very much saying "be a man, and join" when I was growing up. Very manipulative advertising.
They know their demographic but it's also the most outspoken demographic, young gamers.