• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
As we come to the end of the year, what great games do you feel aren't getting enough love or attention?

I've been playing Crash 4, and I have to say, this game definitely deserves more attention for year end considerations. It's surprisingly ambitious, featuring an endless bag of fun tricks and it's truly one of the most visually impressive things I've seen all year.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
13 Sentinels and Crash 4. Not sure what happened with the latter. It kinda just fizzled out. I haven't finished it just yet but it's really, really good.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

swsp

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't we just have this thread?

www.resetera.com

What are the hidden gems of 2020?

For me? Horizon's Gate is sort of a spiritual successor to the Uncharted Waters series, but with an extremely good combat system that feels like FFT meets Divinity OS. Class and team building is very deep and addictive. Highly recommended. There is No Game: Wrong Dimension is sort of a...

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
Bugsnax quickly became one of my favorite games of the year after finishing it 2 days ago. Gameplay was pretty simple and sometimes rough around the edges, but the art and writing were full of heart and nuance.

May 10, 2019

www.resetera.com

For me? Horizon's Gate is sort of a spiritual successor to the Uncharted Waters series, but with an extremely good combat system that feels like FFT meets Divinity OS. Class and team building is very deep and addictive. Highly recommended. There is No Game: Wrong Dimension is sort of a...

Yeah we'll have 10 of these threads before January 31st and in every one I'm gonna pop in and scream PLAY IKENFELL

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Umurangi Generation, I just posted about it in the Polygon top 50 thread.

capsule_616x353.jpg

The game is a cyber punk, heavily Japanese futurism styled photography game with some real heavy atmosphere and themes going on with major Evangelion influences (almost too on the nose sometimes, but that's fine). It feels something akin to a darker and more serious "Jet Set Radio" tonally. The game is wonderful, haunting, and super chill with gameplay that reminds me a bit of Pokemon Snap if it borrowed the Tony Hawk Pro Skater level and mission structure. The end of the game and it's DLC which was fantastic, both really spoke to me and left a major impact.

ss_e3c4782feca18485346438635029f99e045a4526.1920x1080.jpg

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
A Short Hike was such a wonderful experience to play on my balcony sofa, despite its short playtime :)

OP
OP
Confused Cheeseburger
Oct 27, 2017
Umurangi Generation, I just posted about it in the Polygon top 50 thread.

capsule_616x353.jpg

The game is a cyber punk, heavily Japanese futurism styled photography game with some real heavy atmosphere and themes going on with major Evangelion influences (almost too on the nose sometimes, but that's fine). It feels something akin to a darker and more serious "Jet Set Radio" tonally. The game is wonderful, haunting, and super chill with gameplay that reminds me a bit of Pokemon Snap if it borrowed the Tony Hawk Pro Skater level and mission structure. The end of the game and it's DLC which was fantastic, both really spoke to me and left a major impact.

ss_e3c4782feca18485346438635029f99e045a4526.1920x1080.jpg
Cosigned.
Loved the hell out of this game.
The best cyberpunk game of 2020.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Half-Life: Alyx is definitely the most notable overlooked game of the year.

I would also say Paper Beast is a very unknown, but well deserving game featuring a believable simulated animal ecosystem, gorgeous 3D sound, and emotional highs as you journey throughout the game.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
I Am Dead was an amazing experience. Short and sweet with a really nice relaxed feel to it all.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017

www.resetera.com

It's at least our third in three months.

- Umurangi Generation
- In Other Waters
- Wide Ocean Big Jacket
- Coffee Talk
- If Found...
- Manifold Gardens (which is a 2019 game but launched on consoles this year)

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I Am Dead was an amazing experience. Short and sweet with a really nice relaxed feel to it all.

I'm loving this so far.

Tales From Off-Peak City, Umurangi Generation, Wildfire, Creaks, If Found, Post Void, Receiver 2, Cloudpunk, Lair of the Clockwork God.

There are TOO MANY cool games that came out this year. I'm trying to find time to play them all!

Deleted member 59109

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 8, 2019
I'm seconding Crash 4, it's my GotY. My biggest issue with it is the music but on a gameplay/visual level, it's great. But it honestly doesn't really surprise me it's so underrated because Crash games in general don't get enough credit imo.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Alba: A Wildlife Adventure!

The newest game from UsTwo (studio behind Monument Valley) just droped a few days ago and its a lovely 3D exploration game. Its fairly simple (if not shallow), cute as hell and very chill and relaxing, something I was definitely needing these days

its out on PC and Apple Arcade, coming next year to consoles

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
God I wish I had the time to try smaller, niche titles.
Barely have time to go through the biggest AAAs of the year...

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Creaks, Carto and Shady Part Of Me. All great puzzle games wrapped in a nice presentation package.

Last edited:

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Streets of Rage 4.

A thousand times over, Streets of Rage 4. It's a goddamned miracle.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Fuser - it is the most fun I've had with a game all year. Incredibly easy to just pick up and play but with a ton of depth when you've progressed in it a bit. Fun with the kids, a blast with people over.