• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sandyph

Oct 31, 2017
One thing I'm a little confused by:

What happened to all the other kids that were born at the same time as the Academy kids? Surely they'd all have powers too as it's pretty clear Hargraves just got as many as he could get, and that was the 7 that are in the show. I guess it's a moot point now we're in the 60s, but it does seem odd that they never explore that idea.

well, the final episode get into just that. especially with that ending

so my interpretation is, Reginald make sure to NOT get the same 6 kids :D

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
7 episodes in and this season is amazing.

Someone here mentioned that the season seems to have the same overarching plot as first one, and I agree. It's almost as if they are redoing season 1 properly this time by telling a more cohesive and better story even if the overarching plot/mcguffin is the same as before.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
second season was great! yeah I want more of this! Netflix dontchu fuck this up!

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
7 episodes in and this season is amazing.

Someone here mentioned that the season seems to have the same overarching plot as first one, and I agree. It's almost as if they are redoing season 1 properly this time by telling a more cohesive and better story even if the overarching plot/mcguffin is the same as before.

The only things I think S1 has better than S2 are Hazel & Chacha

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Still binging. Keeps getting better. I love that the singer from My Chemical Romance created this.

I can't decide who my favorite character is this season. Probably still Klaus.

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I've been really enjoying this season so far. It is rehashing alot of the same beats as season one; but better. In alot of ways this feels like a reboot.

I'm only half way through the season and I'm excited to see where it goes. Even though I am pretty sure I know what's going to cause the Apocalypse.

I'm loving all of the new characters this season, but I think the Swedes are pretty boring especially compared to Hazel and Chacha.

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a case of "It's great if you already loved S1"? Because I thought S1 was very disappointing given what they had to work with.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two episodes in, and digging the new dynamics. Not sure about the Swedes as characters. They're goofy and menacing. I think I still prefer Hazel and Cha Cha.

We'll probably binge the rest of the season over this next week.

May 10, 2018
Man that ending.

Everyone wondered what happened to all the other children Reg didn't adopt, so next season will deal with some of that.

Also the question of Harlan. He would be over 60 in the current timeline with what looks like telekinesis or just a limited form of Vanya's powers.

How did he use that growing up and did he ever come into contact with Reg? Does he now run a business empire or some shit? Maybe a shadow cabal? Perhaps even a member of a new commission?

Then there is Ben. I was hoping Ben would be alive when they went back in time but I knew that wouldn't be the case when I saw the trailer for season 2. Throughout the season I kept wondering if they would bring him back or not and I like the direction they went with in doing so.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
Curious the cost to produce this season. Production values are that of a movie the entire time it seems

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Two episodes in, and digging the new dynamics. Not sure about the Swedes as characters. They're goofy and menacing. I think I still prefer Hazel and Cha Cha.

We'll probably binge the rest of the season over this next week.
I agree Hazel and Cha Cha were way better.

Also, they never really dealt with the trauma of 7 in any way.... which was kind of bullshit.

I think the main advantage of season 2 was that they needed a ton less time for exposition and flashbacks, so they could spend a lot more on character development.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it.
That was amazing and basically what Season 1 should have been, it seems like they basically soft rebooted the show in a way while still keeping S1 canon.

That said like Wafflinson said S1 had the advantage of not having to spend time in exposition.

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Can Robert Sheehan be please in more stuff?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f675a6e337a654f686748454f4d513d3d2d3434323635393831332e313464323835373737646138343632613435323136343436343234342e676966

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say that the kid who plays Five is one of the best child actors I've seen lately.

He would've been perfect as Artimes Fowl instead of the kid they went with in the movie. But that movie had other more glaring problems.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Caught the first 4 episodes of season 2 and I'm really enjoying it. I did like season 1 but thought it had some issues but season 2 seems to be building off a lot of the stronger parts of the first while introducing some fun new characters and scenarios. The writing in general seems stronger even if its kind of redoing the same scenario from the first season but with a different setting.

Also Diego looks like one of the Geico cavemen in this season.

AR-799996315.jpg&updated=201201030626&MaxW=900&maxH=900&noborder&Q=80

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
3 episodes in and I'm loving it already. Seems overall like a much improved second season with the backing and budget to show it off.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
So good, setup for season 3 is perfect.

And now hello boredom my old friend. Weather is nice, so pool day it is.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
I have to say that the kid who plays Five is one of the best child actors I've seen lately.

He would've been perfect as Artimes Fowl instead of the kid they went with in the movie. But that movie had other more glaring problems.

Yeah I agree. Initially I was like, how old is this actor really. He's just some 20 something with some sort of stunted growth because it's so convincing. But nope, he's really 16.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a case of "It's great if you already loved S1"? Because I thought S1 was very disappointing given what they had to work with.
I think liking s1 helps, but it really is steps up in quality. the writting is sharper, the pacing is a breeze and the show feels focused. So if you already watched the whole s1 I would say to give a chance to s2

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. Finally finished Season 2. This Season is leaps and bounds better than Season 1. No wonder its reviewing way better.

It really feels like Season 1 was a test-run/feeling out how to balance the energy for this. The tone is FINALLY cohesive. There's a consistent goofy undercurrent, which allows those inexplicable dance numbers/surrealist moments to land really well. But the show gets appropriately dramatic for stretches that call for it.

The plot is also a little more engaging this go around, so I was genuinely interested in where the story would go, and how things would be resolved.

Also about the characters:
THANK GOD we got a solid chunk of the season with the siblings all united. Their banter, especially when it's around their father is sooo good. I felt like they were finally able to establish a great dynamic between all of them. I would be so down for more seasons that just allow them all to interact like a family (similar strength of Sense 8)

I was majorly disappointed with Season 1 (finished it mainly because I was too deep in already, and enjoyed the powers enough). Never felt the urge to fast forward any part of any episode this season. Just solid campy fun.

Edit: I think a critique of this season can be that certain characters have a bit of a Flanders effect going on, but it honestly just made them more tolerable/enjoyable. If it stays at that level, its golden.

Oct 25, 2017
I quite enjoyed this season and it's always nice to see series to get even better. I hope the third season will continue this trend. This season also felt a lot more expensive than the first one so I hope the series gets a lot of views.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Five's actor makes me wish we could freeze time so he could never grow up. He's damn good.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
CbC9TLQ.gif

In case you haven't seen it, check out Misfits!
Misfits is a funny show that start absolutely excellent and then for whatever reasons crashes and burns so fucking bad in later seasons that it feels like a completely different show by the end. Good stuff though, those first few seasons are amazing.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm three episodes in:

Initial thoughts

- It's better than Season 1 at the same point
- Vanya having amnesia feels cheap as fuck
- Going for another 'apocalypse is coming in days, how do we stop it' central plotline feels cheap but less so than the Vanya thing
- It's still very watchable
- The soundtrack is a selection of FANTASTIC cuts to be sure but there's like six songs + per episode and I feel like less could have been more

I haven't read all of this thread and I know nothing more at this point

Episode 4 I will attack later tonight

Oct 27, 2017
I'm three episodes in:

Initial thoughts

- It's better than Season 1 at the same point
- Vanya having amnesia feels cheap as fuck
- Going for another 'apocalypse is coming in days, how do we stop it' central plotline feels cheap but less so than the Vanya thing
- It's still very watchable
- The soundtrack is a selection of FANTASTIC cuts to be sure but there's like six songs + per episode and I feel like less could have been more

I haven't read all of this thread and I know nothing more at this point

Episode 4 I will attack later tonight
In a way, it's very Stranger Things 2. Pretty much retreading the main beats of Season 1. But in this case, I think they improve upon it.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Basically they just travelled to the future in that one timeline?

I want more answers about their dad in Season 3.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i loved season 1, but reading this thread,

why would you people season one to be AMAZING and stuff like that?

season one should be always be good enough to serve as a set up.

and it is obvious that the creators knew what they were doing, and didnt put all the eggs in the basket of season 1.

either way, great season 2

Zutter

Oct 19, 2018
LOVED this season. An improvement over S1 for sure.

I dont know anything about the comics but i take it they'll be facing the sparrow academy during S3? The premise alone is already enticing. Also more Ben.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Last edited:

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
I was miffed that Ben finally got something to do and then they killed him off, but then that ending happened. Looks like he might be taking an antagonistic role in the next season, which would be cool since he has never really gotten a chance to interact with anyone but Klaus.