• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arthur Morgan would definitely be the best neighbor of my island. Tom Nook approves!

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Crestoria because gacha, but I'm guessing Kanata's a bum in Tales lead standings then. Most Tales characters would wipe the floor with anything Halo had to offer, they kill gods on Tuesdays while picking up the dry cleaning lol.

Most Tales Of "gods" ain't shit next to The Gravemind. The only thing on a par above the Gravemind is Papa Nurgle. And I doubt any Tales Of characters are remotely capable of taking on Papa Nurgle.

The Gravemind is an eldritch-god with ambitions on a universal scale. It took the sacrifice of an entire galaxy's life just to slow it down for about 50,000 years with it being stuck in an exceptionally flimsy prison. The only way it was "permanently" stopped was by luring it completely out of the Milky Way Galaxy into the void and trapping it there, where it still was effectively only slowed down as far as we're concerned going by Halo Wars 2.

Yeah good luck to any JRPG protagonists in general being anything more than a fly to The Gravemind.

Last edited:

Aronleon

Apr 9, 2020
Kyo Kusanagi is now in world made out paper trying to search the Thousand year door, While Paper Mario is about to team up with Chizuru and Iori to kick Orochi´s ass.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
I don't think Paper Mario in TLoU2 is what people were clamoring for Nintendo...Mario and Olivia would be terrified with how the game would be, or be too naive and try to make friends with every infected and human around. If King Olly was there, it might work out in their favor as he could turn the world to paper. That would be interesting to see.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jin Sakai is now tearing apart Origami goombas.
Paper Mario is running from a terrifying Mongol army.

I'd play it.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I don't think Jin could fly a fighter jet, and I don't think random no name fighter pilot guy could handle the Mongols.....now, if he had his jet though....

(Ghost of Tsushima and Ace Combat 7)

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Jess Blazkowicz is in Dracula's castle? Dracula is shooting nazis?

🤔

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ellie might do good in ghost of tsushima if she could keep her guns and get ammo. same goes for jin in tlou2 world. he would do well with the bow and arrow and sword fighting as long as his swords doesn't break as easily as solid steel weapons break in that world. like how the hell is a heavy duty pipe wrench breaking after smashing some people with it a couple of times?

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Paper Mario wouldn't do so well carrying heavy packages or dealing with all the rain. Sam Porter Bridges would deliver all the Toads to somewhere I'm sure.
(Origami King and Death Stranding)

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Haku from the Utawarerumono games swaps places with BoxBoy. I think Haku's inability to create boxes puts him at a distinct disadvantage in the world of BoxBoy, and I'm not sure BoxBoy has the charisma needed to pull off the things Haku does.

Oct 27, 2017
Jin from Ghost Of Tsushima in Crosscode and Lea in GoT lol. I think it would work out for both. Man, I'm playing two GOTY tier games with these two atm and it's hard juggling them. Might rush thru GoT to get more time with Crosscode

EllipsisBreak

One Winged Slayer
Aug 6, 2019
Doomguy shoots Donkey Kong. And Mario has to fight his way through hell? A bit of a tonal shift there.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Shadow Warrior 2 and Persona 4. I don't know how the P4 protagonist would go in the world of SW but all I know is that Lo Wang in P4 would be highly inappropriate.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
In my case, Leon (Resident Evil 4) would be making 'that' trip to Seattle seeking vengeance. Given how he has mini-meltdowns when Luis and Mike die in his game, a pair he probably met for 30 seconds tops, he isn't going to be coping with the emotions in TLOU2.

'Noooooooooooooooo'

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cloud Strife and Abby Anderson.

Cloud could take the zombies while Aerith and Tifa swoon over Abby...yeah I'd be way down for this.

Oct 25, 2017
Ellie switching with Cloud.
Can SOLDIERs be infected with cordyceps?
I guess Ellie could learn to use materia after popping some pills.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Shulk uses his visions to play the Stalk Market to quickly pay off his loan and beautify the island.

Meanwhile, the Villager aces the collectopedia due to their experience in gathering bugs/fish/deep sea creatures and would make Colony 6 even more amazing thanks to terraforming usage.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
I always knew Mario was the true heir of the Monado. I also always knew that Shulk is super flat as a character *ba dum tss*

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
In my case, Leon (Resident Evil 4) would be making 'that' trip to Seattle seeking vengeance. Given how he has mini-meltdowns when Luis and Mike die in his game, a pair he probably met for 30 seconds tops, he isn't going to be coping with the emotions in TLOU2.

'Noooooooooooooooo'

God they're all dead though, Leon ain't nothing to fuck with and has plenty of experience avoiding infections, haha. The Wolves would be sending letters over the walls they're cowering in begging for Ellie to come back after a day of getting suplexed, dropkicked and punked out by this one dude.

Since my brother did my actual combination since we both were trying The Surge 2 on Game Pass, I'll do the one before that, FFXIV and PSO2. Both of those characters would do alright in the opposite's world, though WoL would definitely be at the advantage because they're basically a one-man/woman killing machine, the Falspawn would be really fucked against them.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
FeMC isekai'd to the past and fighting mongols with her Naginata? Sounds foon. But alas, Jin in charge of SEES probably just means Nyx wins.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Most Tales Of "gods" ain't shit next to The Gravemind. The only thing on a par above the Gravemind is Papa Nurgle. And I doubt any Tales Of characters are remotely capable of taking on Papa Nurgle.

The Gravemind is an eldritch-god with ambitions on a universal scale. It took the sacrifice of an entire galaxy's life just to slow it down for about 50,000 years with it being stuck in an exceptionally flimsy prison. The only way it was "permanently" stopped was by luring it completely out of the Milky Way Galaxy into the void and trapping it there, where it still was effectively only slowed down as far as we're concerned going by Halo Wars 2.

Yeah good luck to any JRPG protagonists in general being anything more than a fly to The Gravemind.

Gravemind is powerful sure, but I would assume if you flipped characters they would seal it in the same way Chief did in Halo 3. And the Covenant goons wouldn't mean much to most JRPG protags.

Meanwhile there are Tales villains who can do shit like destroy any form of matter and recreate it however they like and the heroes of those games (a couple of which can also do the above destroy and recreate any matter) straight-up fight and defeat them, so I still assume the power scale in Crestoria is fairly low in Tales reckoning if Chief mops up easy there.

Another funny combination would the last games I was playing before PSO2 and The Surge 2, which are The Sims 4 and Persona 4 Golden. For Yu, it would be easy street since half of his game is The Sims anyway, meanwhile my Sims would be having a rough time unless they somehow got Personas.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Ratchet and Clank taking on the legions of Hell on Earth, and then the Doom Slayer would have np adjusting to the various Gadgetron weapons whilst taking on Dr Nefarious (Up Your Arsenal indeed!)

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland
Jin with Monato and Shulk's honor died on beach. I'd play but where does that leave Dunban? I'd rather switch those two. Seems more appropriate.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Gravemind is powerful sure, but I would assume if you flipped characters they would seal it in the same way Chief did in Halo 3. And the Covenant goons wouldn't mean much to most JRPG protags.

Meanwhile there are Tales villains who can do shit like destroy any form of matter and recreate it however they like and the heroes of those games (a couple of which can also do the above destroy and recreate any matter) straight-up fight and defeat them, so I still assume the power scale in Crestoria is fairly low in Tales reckoning if Chief mops up easy there.

Yeah Luke and Reid ain't nothing to fuck with, they can eliminate anything at beyond the cellular level. If Chief can handle him even if it's through sealing, the high-tier Tales guys/gals have it easy.

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
My last two games were Project Diva Megamix and Resident Evil Revelations 2. I would play the shit out of a TPS/Survival Horror-Action game starring Hatsune Miku. Barry Burton in a rhythm is slightly less appealing but still sounds like a fuckin' trip.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Ellie and cie are now freeriding in Lonely Mountain: Downhill. And will probably die by hitting a tree or falling off a cliff in the first few minutes. It's a much harsher and deadlier world than TLOU.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
The entire cast of Hyrule Warriors switches places with the Resident Representative on my Animal Crossing New Horizons island

I think we can safely say Hyrule is good and rightly fucked if the only savior is the RR.

As for my island, I hope the good guys can stave off the bad. It would really suck if Volga ate my best pals Sherb and Vesta.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Nathan Drake and my Bannerlord lady from Mount & Blade 2.

Nate should be somewhat fine, my Banner lady should have some problems climbing stuff in her armor.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Abby and Ellie would do very well against the Mongols with their machine guns and rifles, as long as they avoid close combat.

Jin would have no problem slicing up clickers, unless he dies from spores before managing to learn about masks.

Umar96

Jan 2, 2018
Kenshiro and Venom Snake.

Kenshiro might do fine.

Venom Snake on the other hand though, jesus, what have I done.

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017
Paper Mario in Catherine (Daisy, Peach & Pauline?) while Vincent would dream in origami sheep who want to kill him.