• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Just saw this tweet

starwars.fandom.com

George R. Binks

"George R. Binks" is a comic appearing in Star Wars Tales 20 and collected in Star Wars Tales Volume 5 and Star Wars Legends Epic Collection: Rise of the Sith Vol. 2. Written by Tony Millionaire, it details the tragic story of George R. Binks, the long-suffering father of Jar Jar Binks. On the...

On a whaling voyage with his wife and son, George R. Binks encountered an aggressive whale. Thanks to numerous poor navigation choices by Jar Jar, the whale crashed into the ship, causing it to sink. After this incident, the Binks family found themselves shipwrecked on a desolate island for over a month. During this time, prompted by his annoyance at his son's constant clumsy behavior, Binks unsuccessfully attempted to commit suicide.

BUmNLyg.jpg

And for fun:

7RaGn4s.jpg

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have Photoshop at the moment, but can someone put "Sony isn't buying From Software" into the blank speech bubble?

And then another one, "The new fire starter in Pokemon will evolve into a fire-fighting type."

Thank you.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Wookiepeed says:

The subject of this article appeared only in a Star Wars Tales 1–20 story that was referenced in no other Star Wars Legends source.
Lucasfilm considered all Tales 1–20 content that was not "completely outrageous or intentionally comic" to have some level of canonicity within the Star Wars Legends continuity. Editor discretion is advised.

Also doesn't Star Wars have like several different canon 'tiers' lol. It's canon to someone!

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, it's not "guy headbanging to rock music while putting a revolver on his head gif", but that image works on so many levels.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also doesn't Star Wars have like several different canon 'tiers' lol. It's canon to someone!
Not since Disney. Only the movies and official Disney books, comics and shows are cannon. And as someone who reads the comics on Marvel Unlimited but has also read old EU stuff it's a good decision and im happy they made it.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I just got why he's called like that, because George R is pronounced like Jar Jar

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
www.thetimes.co.uk

Stolen AirPods give away Russian retreat positions

A Ukrainian man has been able to track the redeployment of Russian troops to the east of the country via a pair of wireless earphones looted from his home near Kyiv.Vitaliy Semenets used the “Find my” feature available in Apple products to follow the progress of the Airpods, which could be tracked v

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I hope Skippy the Jedi Droid is the next random pull from Star Wars Tales to go big on the Internet. I also hope this gets respectfully canonised next time something Jar Jar comes up.

He knew...

about Darth Jar Jar!

I stopped going to my local comic shop after the cashier tried to have a genuine conversation with me about how that was a real thing that was going to happen in TROS, and then the manager walked up and complained about TLJ to me as I bought a one shot about Rose Tico.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Skippy the Jedi Droid is the next random pull from Star Wars Tales to go big on the Internet. I also hope this gets respectfully canonised next time something Jar Jar comes up.

I keep waiting for Trioculus to have his day in the sun. Several times a month I think about making a Slayven-type thread about him. One of these days I'm going to pull the trigger. One of these days...

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I keep waiting for Trioculus to have his day in the sun. Several times a month I think about making a Slayven-type thread about him. One of these days I'm going to pull the trigger. One of these days...

I could be misremembering my Trioculus lore, but I feel like he'd be pretty easy to slide back into canon. Especially with the stuff Mando and Bad Batch are getting into.