• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
PC gaming is just a HUGE waste of money. How much extra value do you get out of those extra dollars spent vs a console? Not much for the vast majority of people.
Dead wrong. I went from console to PC around 2017 and have saved a ridiculous amount of money. Yes, the hardware cost more up front but the savings on software more than makes up for it. Also I can upgrade individual parts at my leisure instead of having to wait 7 years for a new box to come out.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Dead wrong. I went from console to PC around 2017 and have saved a ridiculous amount of money. Yes, the hardware cost more up front but the savings on software more than makes up for it. Also I can upgrade individual parts at my leisure instead of having to wait 7 years for a new box to come out.

I don't think it's cheaper than an Xbox with Gamepass for games.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
You forgot the 10k buck super ultra 4k HDR Plasma TV to play your games on.
Gaming is indeed ridiculously expensive.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Let's see. Here's what I've spent/will spend:

$1700 for an LG C9
$500 for a PS5
$140 for two launch games
$1300 for a new PC after I'm a year or so into next-gen
$400 or whatever it is for a Switch Pro

That's a bit over $5k.

• The TV and PC are investments that will last me many years and offer a lot of utility. You could argue the same for consoles depending on how long the generation lasts.
  • Gaming is one of my favorite hobbies, so I don't mind paying whatever the cost of entry is to enrich my life with new entertainment.
  • I'll have a huge backlog of games across PC and consoles that I can play on new hardware.
Seems fine to me.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
I spent £1,000 on my PC 4 years ago and will probably upgrade next year for a similar amount.

You are overestimating the upgrade cycle by a factor of 5 and then making a spurious argument based on that misestimation.

There's no doubt gaming is a decently expensive hobby, and I agree with you some people make PC gaming costs out to be something it's not.

I spent $2200 over the course of my last PCs life, this i7 2600k PC I built in late 2011. The figure also includes money for a 760, then a 1060 video card upgrade in that time, also a new SSD within that period.

That PC lasted me until this year when it started to behave badly. I then spent $850 on a Ryzen 3600 build (could have been $120 less if I didn't get a new M2 SSD) I expect this PC to last me just as long with hopefully only 1 video card upgrade next year replacing my 1060 when the new goodies are out and are reasonably priced.

Figure $3,100 for easy math or $3,500 if I consider in the future I'm gonna get no more than a $400 video card and hopefully don't have to replace anything until next PC build. That's really not that expensive when, god willing I expect this current PC to last me 5 or 6 years at least.

$3,500 for 15 years of PC gaming is pretty damn reasonable IMO, and I'm not even super cost conscious buyer.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
We're soon going to to see Jensen's new GPUs and Samsung comes with a new batch of ultra fast SSDs and it'll be clear that building a new high end PC gaming rig will likely cost $3000, possibly even without adding the cost of a monitor. Then we have the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft coming up being rumoured to cost up to $600, add extra SSDs for the increasingly big digital libraries and we're set back $800. A new Switch is rumored to arrive in the start of next year, another $350 I assume.

We could easily end up at $4000...
Add a new HDMI 2.1 TV into the mix as well and we're up at $5000...

Can the total cost for multiplatform gaming even be justified at this point?
Maybe the fanboys was right all along. Focus on one platform, ignore the rest, have money left to actually buy games and maybe some food too.

Sorry for rambling here, I just took a peek at the Nvidia 3000 serie thread and nearly passed out from the pricing talk.
That's only if you go ultra high end.

This gen ive used my recording studio pc and just added an r9 290x just after the start of the gen that I got for £150 used and I can still run games perfectly on it.

No need to upgrade my ssd as its already faster than the one in the series x read speed wise and I've had it for years.

I'll maybe update my graphics cards once it starts struggling but again I won't do it until I literally can't run games at 1080p anymore and I'll do it used so it will be cheap.

And I'm also good with my 4k/hdr oled until that breaks

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
Gamepass is also on PC for Microsoft first party content.
And if you're somewhat interested by third party games, you won't wait 6 months with the faint hope they'll land on the Gamepass, most people buy them on release. And they will be cheaper on PC than on consoles.

Yeah maybe just my case. I just wait till games hit a certain price point. I thought that games on PC were typically same price now new, obviously not.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If PC gaming is so damn expensive why is it so much more popular than console gaming in countries where average incomes are much lower? Honest question.

some countries you can't buy a console through official channels or if they can it's super expensive.

Not everyone in those countries are buying 2080tis either. Beauty of PC gaming is scalability. You don't need top end hardware to join. There's also regional pricing on places like Steam where you can buy AAA games significantly cheaper.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, depends who you ask. For me PC gaming is easily worth the investment and I dont see it as a waste of money. Only during generational shifts one should be careful not to spent too much imo.
It does depend, yeah. I just think the case presented in the OP is EXTREME and even the more reasonable cases presented in the thread are pretty hard to swallow when consoles provide a perfectly acceptable experience.
Gaming in general is a huge waste of money. If you have good income you might as well do it the right way with all the bells and whistles, it's 100x better than console.
If you are on a budget you can build a decent rig for a couple hundred bucks more than your consoles that will mop the floor with them at 1080 or 1440p resolution. Oh and you can get work done on them too!
Just donate all the money to charity. No fun allowed.
PC gaming is for sure better than console. I've got a good income but it makes more sense to invest the money into other areas like paying off student loan debt or other hobbies so less money is actually wasted.
The software savings add up for sure but if you don't buy many games then what does it matter? Plus, I feel like the really BIG improvements we see in visual quality and general generational changes we see in games only really shows when the new boxes come out for a majority of titles.

s2398jgi2jf

Feb 5, 2020
So even with you choosing ridiculous components and being forced to upgrade your TV, gaming is still cheaper than say riding dirt bikes as a hobby.

Or a lot of hobbies, really.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
Yeah maybe just my case. I just wait till games hit a certain price point. I thought that games on PC were typically same price now new, obviously not.

The grey market helps a shit ton. Most games are also on sale before their release on the official storefronts.
In Europe, the game officially released at 70 bucks on the PSN could be at 40-50 on PC, depending on whether you buy it on the grey market or not.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
The software savings add up for sure but if you don't buy many games then what does it matter? Plus, I feel like the really BIG improvements we see in visual quality and general generational changes we see in games only really shows when the new boxes come out for a majority of titles.

If you don't buy many games you're still saving money. One could argue you could spend zero dollars and have an awesome experience between all the free titles you get from services like epic games, twitch, amazon, etc. Then there are cheap subscription models with gamepass, humble bundle, etc. If you think we only see visual improvements when new boxes are released then you just don't pay attention.

I don't think it's cheaper than an Xbox with Gamepass for games.

You can easily build a crappy PC that will meet the 7 year old Xbox One specs for around the same price MS is selling their box plus you can use the computer to do things other than play video games.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
This sort of thing is why I don't typically get multiple new platforms within a year. The cost is a lot but you can spread that cost over 2-3 yeas by prioritizing platforms which makes things easier to handle.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Man, if you want the best of the best of everything, yes it's expensive.

That's why choice exists :P

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
There are barely any running costs (shitty subscription services like PS+ and Switch Online if you let yourself get forced into them, electricity and, well, games are all I can think of) and the upfront spending is rather manageable given that it's spread across several years (no, you can't drop 2k on a GPU upgrade every year even if you wanted), even if you go full bananas and buy every platform and a high-end PC. I wouldn't consider it a very expensive hobby at all – regional exceptions aside – in comparison to what some of my peers/family are doing in their free time who incidentally scoff at me for spending a grand on a display lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you need to be a fanboy to think 'maybe I don't need three new gaming consoles at launch and a high end gaming PC and new games for all of them to enjoy the hobby'.

I mean, I use one console and keep a wishlist and buy a handful of new games a year and the rest on sale. I buy a new console every five years or so. If you want to keep up with the zeitgeist and play all of the exclusives on the best possible hardware at launch, it's going to be pricy, but that isn't the baseline 'normal' hobby activity for most people.
Yeah I know what you mean, but completely ignoring everything on all platforms except one takes a mindset I'm not comfortable with. I would get cranky whenever an exclusive popped up on one of the other platforms.

However, my current plan is to go with Xbox Series X day 1 for multiplats and Game Pass. Then I'll get a PS5 when there are more exclusives out. So I'll spread out the costs a bit. Previous gens I've jumped in day 1 on everything but I just can't afford that now.

The PC is problematic though. I have something right now but it's not enough to cope with next gen games and the PC itself is not setup in a room for gaming so I need a completely new PC, no upgrading, and it'll be very very expensive from what I can tell. I don't know what to do. Could lick my wounds for awhile and use Geforce Now I guess. But I know I'll want a new proper gaming PC once Cyberpunk is out.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Still need a high end PC for work related stuff even if I never used it for gaming so I've always seen it as "free" when it comes to gaming cost. I prefer playing on console(again, due to using PC mostly for work), but when ever a game I'm interested in run badly on consoles, it's good to have the PC there to fall back on.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
If PC gaming is so damn expensive why is it so much more popular than console gaming in countries where average incomes are much lower? Honest question.
Used PC parts are abundant because they're used for work, not just gaming. It's used for more than just gaming, so easier to justify money spent. games are way cheaper to buy. PC gaming being expensive is a very western first world viewpoint.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
We're soon going to to see Jensen's new GPUs and Samsung comes with a new batch of ultra fast SSDs and it'll be clear that building a new high end PC gaming rig will likely cost $3000, possibly even without adding the cost of a monitor. Then we have the new consoles from Sony and Microsoft coming up being rumoured to cost up to $600, add extra SSDs for the increasingly big digital libraries and we're set back $800. A new Switch is rumored to arrive in the start of next year, another $350 I assume.

We could easily end up at $4000...
Add a new HDMI 2.1 TV into the mix as well and we're up at $5000...

Can the total cost for multiplatform gaming even be justified at this point?
Maybe the fanboys was right all along. Focus on one platform, ignore the rest, have money left to actually buy games and maybe some food too.

Sorry for rambling here, I just took a peek at the Nvidia 3000 serie thread and nearly passed out from the pricing talk.
You want to have the best tech offered in the market and 4000$ sounds high to you? lol spoiled people these days.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
PC gaming is for sure better than console. I've got a good income but it makes more sense to invest the money into other areas like paying off student loan debt or other hobbies so less money is actually wasted.
I don't have student loan debt (I mean, I wasn't scammed by colleges), and what I spend on my PC is a small, small fraction of what I spend on housing, bills and everything else. But sure, let me waste 300 euros in a console (or 600, this time around) and 50 x 5 years of subscriptions instead of having a platform I actually love and enjoy being on instead. No ultrawide, no 100hz, no multimonitors, no multitasking, no mods, no Parsec, only the sanctioned controller, no Discord. Wow. What a deal.

Btw

Are you hobby shaming us?

It does depend, yeah. I just think the case presented in the OP is EXTREME and even the more reasonable cases presented in the thread are pretty hard to swallow when consoles provide a perfectly acceptable experience.

You should put a pretty big IMHO at the end of that sentence, you know.

Last edited:

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah I know what you mean, but completely ignoring everything on all platforms except one takes a mindset I'm not comfortable with. I would get cranky whenever an exclusive popped up on one of the other platforms.

However, my current plan is to go with Xbox Series X day 1 for multiplats and Game Pass. Then I'll get a PS5 when there are more exclusives out. So I'll spread out the costs a bit. Previous gens I've jumped in day 1 on everything but I just can't afford that now.

The PC is problematic though. I have something right now but it's not enough to cope with next gen games and the PC itself is not setup in a room for gaming so I need a completely new PC, no upgrading, and it'll be very very expensive from what I can tell. I don't know what to do. Could lick my wounds for awhile and use Geforce Now I guess. But I know I'll want a new proper gaming PC once Cyberpunk is out.

Just curious, what's your reasoning for not building a new PC for multiplats, PC only titles AND Xbox titles. Then get a PS5 down the line. Seems like the route most of the people I know are going down, a nice Ryzen 3600 build won't be bad price wise. Microsoft essentially said build a PC this gen, we'll entirely support it (and free online.)

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
PC gaming isn't expensive, unless you want to waste your money always having the highest end components.

After the initial investment, upgrading is cheap as you don't always need to replace everything at once. Some things like a case, speakers, keyboard, and mouse you only buy once, or at least very rarely replace.

There's also the fact that PC's can do a lot more than consoles ever could. I can't code, or run Photoshop or Ableton on a console.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Ryzen 3600 and a 2060 Super or even something lower like 1660 Ti is reasonable and still better than what consoles can offer. You don't need to be "Keeping up with the Joneses". 4k is not worth it on both PC's and consoles.

Oct 29, 2017
Just curious, what's your reasoning for not building a new PC for multiplats, PC only titles AND Xbox titles. Then get a PS5 down the line. Seems like the route most of the people I know are going down, a nice Ryzen 3600 build won't be bad price wise. Microsoft essentially said build a PC this gen, we'll entirely support it (and free online.)

Can you build a PC for £500-£600 in the UK that has the same specs as Series X that will play 4K on the TV? Genuine question as I'm kinda debating a PC but everything I see has equivalent PC's for £1000.

diablogg

Oct 31, 2017
Can you build a PC for £500-£600 in the UK that has the same specs as Series X?

I'm not from UK so I'm not sure prices there, also it will cost more than Series X regardless. The reason I posed the question to him is because it sounds like he also wants to build a PC anyway, why not kill two birds with one stone.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i was originally gonna get the best 3000 series GPU + PS5 + new TV.

a 2080 Ti here right now is £1,080-1,499 so i was expecting the 3080 Ti to be about the same price (maybe more knowing Nvidia...) and a 3090, if it's to replace the Titan model, could be up to £2,500.

and then whatever the cost of a PS5 is. £400-600.

and then an LG CX 55" which is £1,600

i could be spending £3,100-£4,900 lol. yeah well i think i'm done with PC gaming. gonna get myself an XSX + PS5 + new TV which shouldn't be anymore than £2,800 and will last me 6-7 years. if i stick with PC i will likely need to replace the GPU in 3-4 years and then spend more money on upgrading CPU/RAM/motherboard/PSU. naah sack that

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
You can spend ALOT of money to get the "best" in PC gaming, but still basically the minute you buy something it's out of date or will be soon. It's too hard to keep up.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
i was originally gonna get the best 3000 series GPU + PS5 + new TV.

a 2080 Ti here right now is £1,080-1,499 so i was expecting the 3080 Ti to be about the same price (maybe more knowing Nvidia...) and a 3090, if it's to replace the Titan model, could be up to £2,500.

and then whatever the cost of a PS5 is. £400-600.

and then an LG CX 55" which is £1,600

i could be spending £3,100-£4,900 lol. yeah well i think i'm done with PC gaming. gonna get myself an XSX + PS5 + new TV which shouldn't be anymore than £2,800 and will last me 6-7 years. if i stick with PC i will likely need to replace the GPU in 3-4 years and then spend more money on upgrading CPU/RAM/motherboard/PSU. naah sack that
Or don't buy the XSX since it delivers literally zero value over the PC, wait for the PS5 to have worthwhile games as it gets an actually reasonable price tag, and maybe not buy an incredibly expensive OLED TV when there's plenty of great models for a lot cheaper.

Are you even going to sit that close to that OLED to make the 4k resolution worth it lol?

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Because you enjoy them?

Why do so many people think PC gaming means you have to spend so much money and constantly have top of the line parts?

On the Steam hardware survey, the most common CPU option is a quadcore, and the most commonly used GPU is a 1060. And nearly 66% of people play at 1080p. None of those options are anywhere near top of the line these days, but that's the point. You don't need to have a top of the line system to have fun playing on PC. I don't get where this idea comes from. Like, at all.
From the pc master race idiots who claim blistering frame rates and eye melting graphics and look down on anything that's more than 6 months old whilst also calling people peasants of they don't game in the same way.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
Or don't buy the XSX since it delivers literally zero value over the PC, wait for the PS5 to have worthwhile games as it gets an actually reasonable price tag, and maybe not buy an incredibly expensive OLED TV when there's plenty of great models for a lot cheaper.

Are you even going to sit that close to that OLED to make the 4k resolution worth it lol?
i'm done with PC gaming (not just because of the cost) so an XSX will be perfect for me. i might get a PS5 at launch or wait. haven't decided quite yet.

and yes a 4K TV will be a huge upgrade for me. well if you can recommend a cheaper 4K tv that does 120hz VRR gsync and has 3 HDMI 2.1 ports then i'll consider it. i was looking at the Samsung Q80/90T but doesn't come anywhere near the LG

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I spent $400 on a rig with a 1660ti back in December and I plan to use it for a while. I'll buy at least one of the consoles at launch. Both if Demon's Souls is a launch game. Already have the money set aside. I need it all. Not planning to fanboy anytime soon.

AmFreak

Oct 26, 2017
PC gaming is just a HUGE waste of money. How much extra value do you get out of those extra dollars spent vs a console? Not much for the vast majority of people.
PC is whatever you want it to be.
Old i5 Office PCs get thrown at you at Ebay or another sites for some time, add a cheap (used) gpu and you were better off the whole gen against consoles for far less money.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
i'm done with PC gaming (not just because of the cost) so an XSX will be perfect for me. i might get a PS5 at launch or wait. haven't decided quite yet.

and yes a 4K TV will be a huge upgrade for me. well if you can recommend a cheaper 4K tv that does 120hz VRR gsync and has 3 HDMI 2.1 ports then i'll consider it. i was looking at the Samsung Q80/90T but doesn't come anywhere near the LG
And what are you going to run on it, 8 years old games?

It's completely utterly pointless to have anything that does more than 60 fps unless you are hooking up a PC. Unless I missed something, both XSX and PS5 don't even have G-Sync which is very much a Nvidia only tech.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I totted up the cost of my PC the other week, it came to just over £2k. I bought a 48" LG CX OLED for my office/games room - £1500. I'm planning on upgrading my GPU to a 3080 - £7/800. I'm planning on getting a PS5 at launch - £500(?), and probably getting a Series X on All Access.

It doesn't bother me. People I know ask me why I spend so much on gaming stuff, but they sink thousands into a flashy car, or go out and spend £100+ on a night out (pre-covid, naturally). I don't do those things, so I'm happy to spend money on things I enjoy.

Unless I missed something, both XSX and PS5 don't even have G-Sync which is very much a Nvidia only tech.

The TV also does Freesync premium, which the consoles will support

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
It's a glorious time for multi platform gaming because except for PS everyone is focusing on scalability and having a value offer

ms are leading the way, and the value add of gamepass means you can add another major platform with their entry level sku and get all the exclusives into the bargain

switch 2 will most likely be integrating dlss which will mean more performance out of less hardware, butI don't think they will turn their back on their huge install base and their first party games will likely be backward compatible for a while yet

also - streaming! If you're happy to make a few compromises then you can get next gen gaming with no hardware at all

mid you demand top end experiences then yeah, it's gonna cost you, but there's more options now than ever before for entry level

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty much the worst possible time to be building a high end PC. The cost vs performance is about to take a hit when the new consoles come out. It's no surprise, it arguably happens every generation in some way.

Give it 6-12 months post console launch and I'm sure you'll have plenty of options for a cost effective upgrade/build. That's my plan.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And what are you going to run on it, 8 years old games?

It's completely utterly pointless to have anything that does more than 60 fps unless you are hooking up a PC. Unless I missed something, both XSX and PS5 don't even have G-Sync which is very much a Nvidia only tech.
PS5 and XSX will support HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate which is essentially G-sync/Free Sync. That's one of the big reasons to upgrade to 2.1. Now most games will probably be locked at 60 or 30 though, but performance modes should take advantage of this feature.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Even spending as much money on gaming as I do, I am often shocked by how much more people spend on other more "regular" hobbies.

In the long run, all hobbies are expensive, especially at enthusiast levels of engagement. I have friends that spend as much on fancy vinyl, for example, or snowboarding as I do on gaming.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't buy many games you're still saving money. One could argue you could spend zero dollars and have an awesome experience between all the free titles you get from services like epic games, twitch, amazon, etc. Then there are cheap subscription models with gamepass, humble bundle, etc. If you think we only see visual improvements when new boxes are released then you just don't pay attention.
Yeah, the software savings are there regardless of how or when you buy, can't argue with that. Nah, I didn't say we only see visual improvements. Anyways, I was more referring to the fact that generational jumps in game design/mechanics aren't seen on a LARGE scale until new consoles come out.
I don't have student loan debt (I mean, I wasn't scammed by colleges), and what I spend on my PC is a small, small fraction of what I spend on housing, bills and everything else. But sure, let me waste 300 euros in a console (or 600, this time around) and 50 x 5 years of subscriptions instead of having a platform I actually love and enjoy being on instead. No ultrawide, no 100hz, no multimonitors, no multitasking, no mods, no Parsec, only the sanctioned controller, no Discord. Wow. What a deal.

Btw

Are you hobby shaming us?

You should put a pretty big IMHO at the end of that sentence, you know.
Chill. You can spend your money how you want to of course. Not hobby shaming, gaming is my hobby too (look at where we are). Just saying gaming is not the only hobby that requires some monetary investment and I'm assuming most people have multiple hobbies. This is all my opinion, but if consoles didn't provide an acceptable experience then they wouldn't be as popular as they are now when PC gaming is probably the most popular it's ever been.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I spend some cash this year and will in the near future but to be honest it isn't "that" much.

2020:

So far:
- LG 65inch C9 OLED = 1.900€ in Feb.
- Games for PC, PS4, Switch = 600-700€
- new PC case = 150€
- Samsung Osyssey G7 PC Monitor = 700€

upcoming:
- PS5 = 500-600€
- RTX 3090 = 1200 - 1400€
- Games around 200 - 250€
- XSX = 500 - 600€
- new switch = 300 - 400€

6050 - 6700€ in total.

That's not cheap but many people i know pay more for their vacation/habbits/etc.

And this is mostly something i only "need" to buy once a generation. Without the hardware i would be down to around 1k a year.

That is a cheap hobby most years.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I don't get why you're being sarcastic... If someone wants to buy something, why get snippy? Just let people enjoy things...

I am, because for someone that is done with PC gaming because it's too expensive, that's a shit load of money on eye candy that is barely noticeable unless your hardware is not capping the framerate. It is great for low end hardware, and for emulation, but if you have stable fps you never notice it.

I guess my priorities are very different, power to him

PS5 and XSX will support HDMI 2.1 variable refresh rate which is essentially G-sync/Free Sync. That's one of the big reasons to upgrade to 2.1. Now most games will probably be locked at 60 or 30 though, but performance modes should take advantage of this feature.

That's a big if, yo

Chill. You can spend your money how you want to of course. Not hobby shaming, gaming is my hobby too (look at where we are). Just saying gaming is not the only hobby that requires some monetary investment and I'm assuming most people have multiple hobbies. This is all my opinion, but if consoles didn't provide an acceptable experience then they wouldn't be as popular as they are now when PC gaming is probably the most popular it's ever been.

But also people didn't need cars until they came around. What might be acceptable to you might not be to everyone.

toy_brain

Nov 1, 2017
Ahh, so it's just good ol' FOMO that you are suffering from.
There is a cure, and it's quite simple, but it also takes a bit of willpower and just straight-up gritting your teeth.

Game X comes out for a platform you don't own. You just grit your teeth and carry on with life.
You'll notice that not being able to play game X has no adverse affect on you whatsoever.
Repeat for games Y, Z, and however many more it takes, and voilà! FOMO cured.

If you can't do that, then sure, games companies will happily swipe your money from you.

Oh and I've seen you in the Stadia OT plenty, so you know damn well Cyberpunk is coming to that. No need to upgrade your PC to play it. 😛